Answers the real question

Tonight, out of 5 games, I got 3 leavers. I’ll admit that it’s a bit over the usual. Out of 2 of those games, we could have won, considering we took a point or two 5v6 on the attack phase.

I don’t spam reports. Only legit leavers, and the occasional racist and such sad guy. Yet I only get the “Thank you” message like what, once every month or two ?

So my question to you Jeff, or anyone responsible. When will you actually take those reports seriously, and when will you start punishing people for ruining other people experience ?

2 Likes

Well they are punishing obvious thrower, hacker and toxic people in chat but for the rest I’m not really sure.

Apparently not. I mean I used to get feedback every two days or so right after they introduced it. Nowadays it’s every month or two.

Well depends thrower can also just be a bad day they need multiple report over multiple game.

If you leave a “paper trail” it’s easier for the automated system to bite into things and an agent (there might be some) to quickly validate if there is a link/flag to some abusive chat or what not.

So don’t go toxic in chat. And don’t admit deranking intent in chat. Leavers are handled by a different set of penalties. Inactives as well. And “bad gameplay” like DPS moira or flank Orisa is handled by it’s own self-viability - you will rank up/down to where that ‘divergent’ gameplay is viable. It’s entirely possible for someone’s DPS-only healer playstyle to be reinforced by multiple wins. They’re not actively throwing, and may be right to believe they are carrying.

And what looks like throwing might actually be mindgaming - psychology is a huge component to being competitive and winning-out. Baiting the enemy into thinking you’re afk, giving them overconfidence by deliberately fumbling/mistakes, etc etc - all part of the toolkit and desire to win.

You don’t need to report leavers. The system knows they left, and penalized them accordingly automatically. Unless they also did another violation, reporting them for leaving is a false report. So, if their system was working as intended, it would be normal to not get any results when you report people for leaving.

That said, I doubt it does anything besides tally total number of reports and ban when it hits a threshold.

1 Like