Another Roadhog Nerf?

The only reason to pick Hog is for environmental kills like on the Illios or Nepal. Other than that… he has been a joke ever since they “reworked” him

12 Likes

wow…that is a huge difference

1 Like

Nerfing Roadhog in 2018!
Where’s that meme image of Captain Haddock when you need it?

12 Likes

Working link for ya all

6 Likes

That’s true I suppose…

Whenever I pick Orisa I secretly hope the other tank will pick D.va as off-tank. But for some reason it’s ingrained in peoples’ ideas of meta that they have to pick hog when there’s an Orisa. And then they don’t even try to hook people I use halt on.

Bleh.

2 Likes

It’s this, a bugfix resulting in a considerable nerf. Pretty garbage if you ask me, Hog is already doing really, really bad and this on top of it is a disaster. Another one of my top heroes that starts to be frustrating to play. Let alone his current on-going Hook bugs, nerfing his damage is unbelievable.

31 Likes

I mean, he was a monster at the rework. 50% dmg reduction while healing…ridonkulous…

then consistent bugs, nerfs, and CC anbilities added in.

his alt fire was one of the only good things about him

9 Likes

Kinda funny, now he’s completely trash. His alt fire was the last thing to do a little bit if the aim was right, now it’s trash too.

15 Likes

There seems to be a lot of these “bug fixes” that feel more like nerfs disguised as bugs, than actual issues.

23 Likes

Nerfs like this truly make me question if they know what they are doing when it comes to balancing this game. Roadhog is in terrible shape and this just makes him worse. The one thing he had going for him was he could shred shields and now he can’t even do that.

21 Likes

Listen, you guys, this is a bug fix.
I’m one of the advocates for Roadhog buffs and to make him a better hero, but it is a bug fix afterall.
I really wish they decided to fix his bugs that make him a better hero, such as the buggy hook, but I mean, we asked for bug fixes, right?
jesus christ, blizzard why nerf hog indirectly? hero is already very situational, and was a decent shield-breaker. now let’s make him even MORE situational.

2 Likes

So they are upping his range before fall off damage kicks in to compensate… right? Right? Please?!

3 Likes

Overwatch team:

https://imgflip.com/i/2go5oj

6 Likes

This is a bug fix in the same vein as moira’s bug fix that prevent her from healing through barrier… this is just a nerf in disguise.

8 Likes

This is not exactly true. He used to be decent once his healing got buffed. Dive was meta and Roadhog was one of the heroes who could deny dive tanks their mobility by hooking them and he was played at some 5% pick rate in GM in autumn of 2017 as an enforcer.

Since then he has wilted badly though, especially because of Brigitte I think, who fills the enforcer role better than Roadhog does.

2 Likes

Wow, really? The balancing team seem to be unable to balance this game. Nerfing Roadhog’s damage when his shots are already somewhat inconsistent and he has a buggy hook.

6 Likes

Here Nazgrol, level 2 forum users (I.e. Most everybody) can post YouTube videos.

https://youtu.be/yNsk5BCS6ZI

2 Likes

What an absolute catastrophe that is. Wow. Incredible.

9 Likes

cant wait for a sombra, sym, bastion and reaper nerf

8 Likes