Another PTR cycle, the same forgotten robot šŸ˜„

This is similar to how i proposed his Ironclad should be reworked. Giving armor depending on the mode.

Something to compliment his long range, high damage hitscan attack

Something to help keep him safer at closer ranges or from hard to hit targets, like Reaper, Mei, Torb, or Symm

Youā€™re talking about Soldier, right?

Bastion doesnā€™t have that.

2 Likes

Oh my God, I almost forgot about that. I was destroyed by a teleporting Bastion. Utterly decimated. That is definitely one of the filthiest things I have ever experienced, ha ha ha.

And yeah, usually when I went Bastion in the past, I would get a Junkrat. I do not really understand whyā€¦ Just because we hate Shields that much, maybe?

1 Like

Not to make him playable, to make him good.

Just like a Widowmaker needs a team to make her space so she can be played most effectively?

Heres my thing. When they changes symmetra from 2.0 to 3.0, they made her a shell of what she once was, and overall sheā€™s still not even that good.

If bastion gets buffed, heā€™s just going to be better with bunker: period. If he gets a rework, say goodbye to what made him unique.

I would always rather have interesting characters that require team coordination (you know, like DPS should do) than a soldier ripoff that can be independent and work on his on.

How aboutā€¦ this one?

[New year, new Bastion. šŸ¤–]

I would love more feedback on it.
(Please do not just skim read it.)

2 reasons. Junkrat trap right in front of you ruins charges, dashes, doomfist punches, etc.

Secondly when they DO jump you, Junkrat throws in a couple of mines, and the jumpy in heroes are goneā€¦

2 Likes

So is Bastion usuallyā€¦ at least the Junk has fun though.

Depends on when he throws the mines.

You know you have a good 'rat, when he places his trap. or not, if you have a bad one.

I kinda like the idea of Bastion getting a new ability called Danger Detected! or something where he gets the red eye and like 100 armor, which you could combo with transformation so heā€™s bulkier while he does it

Itā€™s almost like Overload in a sense but allows Bastion to defend himself while he makes himself vulnerable, then once he transforms he gets his barrier

It could even make sense in the lore as Torbjorn maintains (and from the looks of the OW 2 art, upgrades) Bastion. Itā€™s basically a sentient turret, why not let it fight with similar moves to his own a la Moira and Reaper?

Bastion does have that, being in line of sight of him is always dangerous except at the most extreme ranges

Ah, I seeā€¦ I just usually play bouncer as McCree. It is similar, just flash anyone trying to walk up on us, or charge, I guess. I have not seen a Rein try that in a LONG time.

I just thought about it, but Junk is good at damaging around corners too. Like on Anubis. It can create a lot of pressure.

So explain why literally every enemy rushes towards me the moment they see me?
Destroying me before i can react?

McCree is a fine bouncer as well.

For supports, Baps + Mercy are good.

Tanks is MORE interesting. I know shieldsā€¦ but I found Hog funny as hell.

Which is why the 'rat trap is so good :wink:

But they do it because if they donā€™t get you RIGHT NOW, they worry that you will ruin their team.

1 Like

That was the last time my sister played Bastion. When Baptiste just came out. We would troll people so hard with immortal Bastions. That was before all this crazy damage mitigation stuff was being optimized. At most you would have people run fake goats to try and survive long enough for immortality to fade.

Well given almost all the PTR changes were Nerfs I guess Bastion got lucky to be forgotten. And in a round about way heā€™s stronger cause so many people are weaker?

I know right? You put a field next to the corner and bastion there, and people are all ā€œum, maybe laterā€

Sadly, field was one of the only ways to use him, and Dā€™va is stronger nowā€¦

So, it doesnā€™t look good for our little robot.

1 Like

1 Like

How it feels to play Bastion:

1 Like