Another Mercy topic, but each time

Suggest anything that removes chain beams and I’ll be fine. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No, it’s the same as it is with Rein and other tanks. It’s just consistently unpleasant to play Mercy right now, so I just don’t.

3 Likes

We’ll have to see.

Before the 60HPS nerf, Mercy outhealed Moira at every skill tier besides GM.

Currently she’s just a bit below Moira. And this new patch probably will bump her average above Moira.

1 Like

2/3 of her kit got reworked though? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

But the issue is that her Kit is so weird. I wouldn’t mind a full revert/buff to 60HPS, since I don’t believe that it was ever an issue to begin with. Her ultimate would still be weak, but solo healing as her would be an option again, and damage boosting/rezzing would be less punishing.
I could survive with that, but 50HPS just feels so unbelievably slow. Tank mains hate even having her as a solo healer.

1 Like

Why I Have Yet to Not Despise Mercy's Current State Here’s a rework idea

ye ik, prepare for a long read.

30+ minutes or longer if your a slow reader.

because it was fun and the only thing we had to get right was the balance of mercy which could be done by adding an e that actually flows with her kit.

which titanium’s post aims to do.

plus we cant remove rez.

rez=mercy at this point.

4 Likes

That’s great to hear! I think itd be good for us as a community to consider making heroes, and Mercy in particular, more fun with respect to the current state of the game!

I think a lot of us could benefit discussing Mercy outside of Mass Rez and how it was before.

It’s hard tho! Seems like Mass Rez is constantly imposed on the vast majority of Mercy discussions!! :blush:

1 Like

lots of area denial ults have been added since then which would counter mass rez pretty well on top of the d.va bomd rewipes and junkrat tires of old which would give counterplay on top of the added stuns,boops, and etc.

:man_shrugging:

plus if you give los to rez no more rezzing through walls and if you add a short cast time like lucio you can interrupt it and if we need to we can make it require more ult charge.

you know proper balancing.

4 Likes

Does this count?

🕊️ Valkyrie: Focus Beam Toggle

That still doesn’t take Moira’s combined healing/damage averages into consideration. She would still have the highest overall potential.

1 Like

Anything that doesn’t involve toggling with Q? I prefer to just click it once. :slight_smile:

And Mercy would potentially have 60 Resurrections in a 15 minute game, instead of an average of 6.

But why would anybody care about theoretical potential, as compared to real world performance?

I can understand why a lot of people liked Mass Rez. It involved a lot of mind games, which was an entirely different kind of skill. I wasn’t so great at it, but was working on it right up until they changed her. But at this point, I don’t care if it comes back or not.

3 Likes

The thought process also makes using mass Res more engaging for the player. :slight_smile:

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽

:shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

Spreading positivity and ice cream, one Mercy at a time.
3 Likes

I’ve already read it :smiley: It was impressive. It was also just an opinion. I disagree with Titanium. We went back and forth, very much an agree to disagree matter :blush: I’m glad you enjoyed the post!!

That is what it really comes down to. A lot of Mercy mains found Mass Rez fun! Fun in a way that no other hero is. Fun in a way that ONLY Mercy with Mass Rez could provide. Now Mass Rez is gone, cant find that fun anywhere, right?

But maybe, for a lot of people, it was that unique fun that was a problem. Maybe there is no good way to get that specific unique type of fun back without making it useless or exploitable.

Fun is subjective, and if we want people to listen to us, we have to listen to them! :blush::muscle:

1 Like

I was referring to averages that I had collected through Overbuff before. So no, it’s not theoretical. I wish I could get a better idea of Mercy’s potential, though it is still pretty low. If only there was a truly accurate way to gather statistics…

2 Likes

I mean they could just axe it entirely, but I imagine that would be a more difficult sales pitch.

But I do imagine they could easily have an option to “Default to Focus Beam”.

1 Like

Her ult changed and she gained an ability plus improved mobility, the way she plays is practically the same outside using your ult

Well this is from after the 50hps change.

This is true. The base kit is not any different until most recent -10hps nerf! Til then only improvements via GA!