Another Forced Loss Example

I still see people trying to defend Blizzard and the “no forced losses” yet another example of one.

Opposing team:
3 gold 1 plat 2 unranked

My team:
2 gold 4 unranked

Hmmmm who do you think won and how close do you thing the match was?

$3489743 says the white knight defenders say “the unranked could be plats”. WRONG

Pretty obvious to see that the unranked players on my team were horrible and we got stomped hard. I was 4 golds with whopping 10 kills and dmg 4500+ etc. It was Hanamura also.

But yeah… “No forced losses in OW”. I just hope the new chief of OW finally fixes this horrible comp mode.

side note: Willing to bet that other team was also stacked. Pretty easy to tell also and my team was all solos. (How do I know? I asked)

What exactly does Blizzard gain from forcing you to lose?

3 Likes

Make you chase the carrot, this is a disappointing question.

6 Likes

Making you grind more and making you chase that next rank that keeps slipping away more and more.

Because like grinding to get better and deserve the next rank is not something that should be in this game. Having a winning streak and gaining SR and then facing tougher opponents is also not something that should be in this game, because everyone knows that the more you win the more you should get worse opponents so you could get the to the next rank easier and faster.

“Fix your matchmaking Blizzard” actually means “I am a loyal customer who has been playing this game since Beta and I bought lootboxes and everything so I’m just going to sit here and wait until you give me the rank I think I deserve.” Elitism.

And I am also surprised by the amount of low ranks that know distinctly the main rank of a Smurf on the enemy team. Like this guy is 3.2 at best but the other one is definitely 4.1. The same way they know what team comp works best on what map, what hero counters what, and who on their team is not pulling their weight, and how they played perfectly but still could not carry “a bunch of potatoes” and they were the star of the show in their match.

Imagine having all that knowledge and still being Gold. I too would be pissed. I have no idea how they are not in OWL by now.

5 Likes

Yes, this is the comment I’d like to have framed. Yes, I’d like all the upgrade options.

Losses are not “forced,” however, every match is handicapped with MMR. More info:

1 Like

Meanwhile I think that forced losses are real.

2 Likes

How? What are you doing in your games that the game forces you to lose?

Is it your bad teammates? Did you win like 3-4 matches in a row and ended up having tougher teammates? Do you like consider yourself to be way too important so that Blizzard flagged you in some way? “Oh this guy killed 2 ppl in this match, better put him on our rigged matches list”, or what?

Why don’t I have this? I too am in low elo, lower than yours. Like what did you do wrong in your OW life to have rigged matches?

And another thing I forgot to ask. What do you as a player bring to the table in your matches? What do you do to turn the tables? In what way do you think that you pop off that makes you think that you are so good and end up being Q-up with potatoes?

What big of a thing do you do that should separate you from the rest of the “potatoes” you get Q-up with?

If the potatoes end up being in your team does that not say more about you than about the potatoes themselves?

2 Likes

The problem is more that the matchmaker doesn’t know what makes this Plat Rein belong in the same rank as this Plat Ant and this Plat McCree. The role queue matchmaker had tiny garbage micro changes to it, when it should have had more work done, but lazy gonna laze.

The patents also show that the game is rigged from here to Timbuktu, but I’m not getting on that soapbox.

Technically, yes and no.