Anniversary on 12 or 14 or TOMORROW?!

How I speculate it? Jeff said that open queue comp will last 4 weeks from the 14th on April. Anniversary surely will not start when competitive mode in arcade is on, because Anniversary always brought other one (ffa comp). 4 weeks after 14th of April is May 12th. Thats why we cant get Anniversary tonight.

OR
Communication wheel update arrived on PTR on 23th of April

PTR updates usually go live after 3 weeks of testing them. 3 weeks after 23rd is 14th. Blizzard will add Anniversary with improved communication wheel in ONE PATCH. Its not possible that they will update live 2 times in week. I yesterday noticed that I had ping spikes. I looked in task manager and saw that Blizzard net was downloading update files? Was it update? :smirk:

2 Likes

I doubt it, but anything is possible.

The patch will have been up for 2 weeks by tomorrow. I don’t think the anniversary will start until the 14th (when the ptr patch will likely go live).

4 Likes

Oh s_it… I made mistake while calculating it. I fixed it.

Overwatch real anniversary is on the 24 may, the communication patch will be heavy so it won’t make the usual 3 week PTR. The anniversary + communication patch will go through either on thursday 21 or tuesday 26 because Tuesday and Thursday are the usual patch release.

1 Like

I myself think it could start at 19 or later.

Its got to be be either around 12th or 19th May.

Not earlier cause of comp open queue. Not later cause it would have missed the real anniversary date of 24th May.