Anniversary Event Idea; Paid Skins

I think that for this years Anniversary event, they should bring back every single purchasable skin in the game; including ones tied to BlizzCon(I’m sure they can work out the pricing). Not only would Blizzard make major bank, it would give those who either couldn’t afford them or didn’t play the game during their time of release the chance to purchase them. I understand that many people feel some sense of entitlement over these skins and to that I say, get over it. I have the majority of these skins myself and would want nothing more than the chance for my friends to obtain them.

I think this would be an excellent idea, as I’m sure would many people. It’d be a nice way of making us feel appreciated while we’re being stringed along waiting for OW2.

1 Like

I don’t have majority of the paid skins and I think it’s a bad idea. In the short term, they make some money.

But it kills the profits for the skins in the long term.

Everytime they add a limited skin, people will just say “it will come around again” limited time stuff gets yout open your wallet because of FOMO.

2 Likes

So your idea for an event is for something to exclude a good chunk of the playerbase AND take away the exclusivity from people who wanted something rare and special?

1 Like

The prospect of paying Activision-Blizzard for virtual goods makes you feel appreciated?

What sort of late stage capitalism stockholm syndrome are you suffering from? This is the saddest thing I’ve read all week.

10 Likes

This made me laugh so hard I nearly choked on my sandwich.

7 Likes

I think I love you…

1 Like

must be this sense of pride and accomplishment some ea guy used to talked about

1 Like

while I am not against the Idea I wouldn’t buy any of them

the only one I have is the echo one because its the only one I like
if they did this I feel all of them would be bad

just release a section like the blizzcon skins or all stars skins or championship skins or the mvp skins

not all at once

tell ur friends to get over it, those skins are not coming back

2 Likes

People need to realize that when they missed a skin, it’s too bad for you

Even if you didn’t have the game at the time, you missed it.

Get over it it’s just a skin

1 Like

LOL! A company changing their tune in your favor is what I’m referring to; not so much the money. Giving us free skins would be amazing but we all know that’s not gonna happen. I’d like to point out that a person with a capitalist mindset would not ask for this. Wanting things to be fair across the board and giving everyone the same opportunity is the exact opposite of their interests.

As for the other comment who mentioned that people only buy these cuz they’re exclusive, that’s not accurate. Exclusivity is only worthwhile when there’s value to it. In the case of in-game skins, there’s no value to them so there’s no reason to spend money on it unless you actually want it and enjoy the character. I have never bought a skin for the sake of hording.

Take your own advice: get over it.

4 Likes

Exactly, if it’s “just a skin”, why are people so butt-hurt about them coming back? why don’t YOU get over it? xD

No one is “butt hurt” about them coming back, they never will come back since with every skin release it’s been stated officially that “THIS IS THE ONLY CHANCE YOU’LL HAVE AT GETTING THIS EVER”

If you didn’t get it then too bad, cry me a river man

You sound like those desperate people spamming “pls pink mercy” threads lol

I’m very well aware this isn’t gonna happen, I was just throwing it out there. As I’ve already stated, I already have most of the skins I want and the only one I’d even consider buying would be the Symmetra one that was tied behind an unreasonable $50 paywall.

It’s not even a big issue but people start commenting nasty crap trying to belittle me like it means something.

1 Like

If they were to ever return any exclusive skins it’d be the Overwatch league skins

Blizzcon skins are like Minecon capes from minecraft (if you dont know what that is then tell me)

They’re a 1 time very exclusive item (in this case bundle) that only comes once a year but they change the bundle every year.

Welcome to the Overwatch forums.

Besides, try wording your post a little differently if positive replies is what you’re after, it looks like a post people see here daily about someone complaining that exclusive skins need to return.

I’m so sexy and special because I own Pink Mercy, you scrubs will never be as awesome as me

1 Like

Wouldn’t mind if the mini-event skins returned after a few years for premium in game price. Say Dva’s Nano cola skin appearing during anniversary for 5K coins. But the one time special skins, like Blizzcon skins should stay one time.

Maybe you or them should get over it that they missed the chance.

:eyes: