Ana's "buff" is not actually a buff

Goodbye pre-healing shots. This is actually a huge nerf in my opinion.

Biotic Rifle affecting full health allies was one of the least important problems of Ana.

I hope the other changes that are coming to her will be something more satisfying.

Side-note: Finally, Ana can boost herself in DM.

2 Likes

The healing through full health allies will be useful for dealing with body blocking but I am going to miss the prehealing…

But I can’t wait for the bigger clip size! That’s going to feel amazing.

2 Likes

I can see these changes be both a nerf and a buff.

I do like pre-healign an teammate if I suspect that he or she is going take some sort of damage.

1 Like

True, but it’s a HUGE trade off. You gain much more than you lose.

1 Like

I think it’s the other way around.

I just polled the 20 top Ana players in the world, they all agreed with me and said FaneL was wrong. Sorry bud, sometimes you are the bug and sometimes you are the windshield.

Source: dude trust me.

1 Like

I also think the lack of pre-healing might make it tough to keep players alive. Although they did give her a bit more ammo so might help you spam it?

2 Likes

I play Ana. If pre-healing shots are going out the window, it’ll probably suck to be honest, but the new change is definitely a good start. Our targets are going to have to take damage before we heal them, rather than allowing the Ana to pre-heal targets when she expects them to take damage. Pre-healing is very powerful and saves a lot of team-mates. It’s a shame to see it go, but again, the new change is really welcome.

Pre-healing has always been really useful, though I think I’m happy with the new change. It has advantages and disadvantages, though I think it’s more positive than negative.

1 Like

What?? Ana’s getting some attention? what’s happening?

1 Like

I have run out of upvotes for today, but just know that I upvoted you in my heart!

1 Like

Ana’s Biotic Rifle now doesn’t affect fully healed team-mates - your shots will pass through them and hit team-mates behind them I believe.

Oh and you can now Nano Boost yourself in FFA.

Woah that’s interesting. I wonder how that’ll work out.

1 Like

It’s a welcome change, but it means pre-healing is gone. It’ll probably take bit to adjust to, but overall I think it’s good.

Ana still has to aim her heals.

Therefore, this change will accomplish exactly nothing. She’s still gonna be stuck where she is now.

Bookmarking for when I’m right.

Self boosting Ana in FFA is huge, I have fun playing Ana on FFA as is but this will definitely give her an edge.

That wouldn’t be a problem for this meta. It looks like dive is dying out which is now bringing back big bodies like Rein and Zarya back into the meta.

So if on live you were to hit your fat teammate winston diving, on ptr you’d be hitting winston’s target behind him if winston is at full hp?

Or does this just apply to healing teammates?

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking it’s very satisfying to pre heal, especially with tanks but I guess it’ll make it easier to land shots on enemies. I do still think a damage buff would do her wonders, the last one wasn’t enough imo.

It’s not like any good Tracers are going to be countered by Ana if it takes two shots from Ana.

1 Like

It would be nice if they included a toggle option to turn “shots ignore healed allies” off and on.

1 Like