Ana Opinions from an Ana Main

I bet you’d have to do some hardcore parkour a little bit too, and that could be another skill to develop!

Like on that spot to the right of Point B (when attacking on Anubis) with the ring around the pole. She can reach that right now, but with the addition of ledge-hoist I bet there are more spots like it on other maps she’d have to really work to get to.

1 Like

Ana is the only support that has no self sustain.

Ana is the only Sniper that has no mobility.

Something needs to change.

I agree with the OP. Ana not having mobility is very inconsistent with her lore. She doesn’t have a grapple but it appears she’s able to get to ledges and high places somehow.

Hanzo clearly had scatter arrow in “Dragon” but they removed scatter arrow despite it being inconsistent with lore. But they don’t give Ana some vertical mobility despite it actually being strongly implied in lore?!

Giving Ana a climb like Genji 1.0 had seems very fair.

1 Like

Nah. They already said no mobility on Ana is a clear weakness they want to keep. I’d make her mechanically easier to play. Like landing-sleep-dart-the-same-way-Zenyatta-lands-discord easy.

And before you guys type op. Her kit needs to be stronger than other characters because her ult is basically useless without using a damage hero’s ult.

1 Like

Lucio and Ana’s winrates are like 47%. That’s an issue. Meta doesn’t favor them, which I understand, but a lot of their issues come from the fact that there are just better healer options. Why pick Lucio for Speed Boost, AoE healing, and Sound Barrier when you can just pick Brigitte or Zenyatta for the better version of the similar thing (minus speed boost).

And why pick Ana when you can just pick Mercy every time who is easier in every sense while doing a much better job.

It’s unfair, really, and their winrates are direct reflections of it.

1 Like

Ana is the only healer who lacks self-sustain AND mobility. Bio-nade needs to have a shorter cooldown (maybe with weaker effects) if we have to keep relying on it for self-sustain. I wouldn’t need to self-sustain so much if I could actually position myself from flankers. You miss your sleep dart, or if it’s on cooldown, you’re kinda screwed.

I don’t want her skill requirement to be lowered. High-skill should equal high-reward, and it doesn’t for her. I’ve seen some great Ana’s, and I play a pretty solid one as well, but even when they’re being played well, Mercy still 100% outshines her.

1 Like

False and

also some-what false. Mercy has the highest team synergy in current meta sharing the place with Hanzo that’s currently on the center of rosters. Nanoboost has no considerable synergy right now as it’s not really good on any of the heroes that are played in current meta comps (Brigitte is non-meta currently btw) unless you’re running a Genji and even then a Valkyrie Mercy following and boosting blading Genji is almost as good with other benefits.

Mercy can damage boost all ultimate centric heroes to enable advantage in ultimate economy and out-boost trans, has mobility so she can position more defensively/aggressively to play around snipers and short range tanks, has high synergy with Zen, and in ultimate combo centric meta resurrect has additional value. On top higher team synergy she heals several thousand more HP on average in games.

2 Likes

You say that it’s some-what false yet in your entire post you don’t write a single line which even remotely disagrees with me? :thinking:

1 Like

Also I wrote about sleep dart too but ended up deleting that part as it’s rather irrelevant to the topic and people just tend to argue vague arguments about it’s potential as means to back the ability up. Not really up for that right now

1 Like

Honestly, Ana’s average healing has dropped so much that she doesn’t even remotely come close to outhealing Mercy.

She’s lower than Lucio right now. She comes in like fourth for healing…

Oh, and it looks like Mercy is now outhealing Moira by an average of 2k every game now. Wonder if it has anything to do with that barrier “fix” Moira received.

1 Like

I think she really needs a passive heal (health from healing), but if she were to get vertical mobility, it’d have to be either a passive (like wallclimb) or bound to space while not grounded. Personally I think she has enough active abilities and is really, really lacking in a passive. I’d highly prefer a self heal passive because Ana has to neglect her team or herself when it comes to her grenade and neglecting either cam cause massive problems to her team (down a healer which leads to more people dieing, or a healer who couldn’t keep her team mates alive and now can’t do much of anything).

But she really needs qol buffs on top of that:

Nano target range should be 200m

Grenade should go through full hp team mates and cannot hit a team member unless it is outside of her hitbox (prevent grenade ghosting)

Healing scoped shots should not have a tracer. It puts her at high risk for doing her job and forces her to lose her sniper position that she took the stairs for.

Options to turn on or off shots/grenade going through full hp

Friendly Tanks (minus zarya and baby Dva) should have smaller hit box buffs. Also a percentage slider for tanks and the rest of the cast (current being max)

Her unscoped bullet size should be addressed. It is the smallest projectile in the game (almost hitscan) yet Bliz wouldn’t even acknowledge it.

1 Like

Not sure if you noticed this part of my comment:

I’m not glorifying sleep dart and saying it’s a crazy OP ability.

And I don’t see a sleepdart discussion as being off-topic in a topic about opinions of Ana

1 Like

All I want is to be able to use my scope from the best places without having to trek for 30 seconds to get there (and then being knocked down 5 seconds later) and not having to use my nade because of trash damage when I really want to hit that enemy Road Hog with it instead.

2 Likes

NotLikeThis

My point, and the main cause of Ana’s lack of use, is the huge difference between Ana in theory and Ana in practice. Hence, why I made the comment that Mercy’s healing is more reliable. You can’t guarantee that Ana will hit every shot or that they won’t be blocked.

If Ana had 100% accuracy then she would outheal Mercy by a huge margin, but that isn’t the case.

1 Like

Nah, too many barriers. Even 100% accuracy really wouldn’t help with that.

1 Like

These aren’t realiable numbers as they’re averages between all the ranks. You’ll have to either break all ranks apart or only consider GM averages to get a reliable estimation on the realistic potential of these heroes. This is an example that’s a bit out-dated but still gives a good understanding about the numbers on these heroes. These values haven’t seen any considerable changes to them in a while though: https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/805t6p/every_supports_average_healing_damage_per_game/

1 Like

(If I’m completely honest I’d also like for her Sleep Dart to also either have a damage threshold or make the “wake up” time the same regardless of whether they wake early or not - I sometimes die having to hang around the target for 5 seconds).

1 Like

Dude, are you even reading my posts?

Also, if she has 100% accuracy, that means none of her shots got blocked. Why are you trying to pick apart my posts and disagree with me when we agree and you just didn’t understand?

1 Like

Linked it for you.

Also, even in GM Ana is still being outhealed by several thousands :laughing:

So much for high-skill=high-reward, eh?

1 Like

I think Ana’s lack of healing is caused by her low survivability and having to waste her grenade on herself.

A dead healer can’t do anything and her grenade is her only self heal, but if she was able to use her grenade on team mates and heal herself through her gun by shooting team mates, she’d have a much higher chance of living and keeping her team alive. It would give her no benefit while fighting an attacker but would mean she could reliably be full hp before she gets dove a second time.

Mercy has great survivability so she’s very reliable while Ana has to make the choice between her life or her team’s, but either choice causes the same issue (your team’s death). Plus Ana has no way to speed up a walk from spawn so she is down on healing for large amounts of time.

2 Likes

Whoa, calm down, lol.

100% accuracy would never happen. Even GM Ana’s can’t outheal GM Mercy’s. It’s fact. GM Mercy’s still beat GM Ana’s by several thousand.

That’s an issue.

1 Like