Ana - is Blizzard trolling us?

This was actually the main thing I complained about. Ana can’t have mobility because that takes away her weakness, but Hanzo can get more mobility even though it takes away his weakness? ADDITIONALLY to some other major buffs.

I want Ana to get buffs, yes. My main point here however is… Hypocrisy. That might be the best word for it, yes. Thanks for getting my point!

Blizzard is still probably holding out hope that if they nerf Mercy enough the entire support cast will be revived into a healthy viability.

Currently they’re waiting for enough people to complain about her dominating pickrate to justify another nerf.

Pessimistic view, yes, but it might as well be true.

If that is the case you should:

1. Give Ana 100 health 100 shield so that she won’t waste her nade on herself. Bionade is one of the most powerful non ultimate ability in the game but she usually needs to use it on herself so it’s diffucult to get value out of it.
  2. Add sleepdart a damage treshhold so enemies don’t wake up from getting 1 damage.

Ana is utility healer but her abilities are too difficult to manage.

PS: Remove rez on cooldown pls. Mercy lacks midfight value and rez makes her too desireable in a team comparing other healers. Give her a second E ability and make rez only useable during valkrie.

Don’t even give her another E ability. Mercy gets way too much utility for the exceedingly great consistency in heals.

But that’s the compensation for sacrificing all the damage and killing potential. Switching to pistol takes 1.5 sec and usually not worth it. You can heal for 100 instead of switching to pistol and back to staff. The main reason mercy was trash tier pick in season 3 was lacking an E ability.

Just before her rework she wasn’t trash tier, she was solid. She had the consistency and unique ult, while holding the title of entry level support. This was all fine because she was a low level healer, mainly played in the mid to low tier ranks, only played in high ranks by those who had perfected playing her.

The moment they added a little bit of utility, the easiest healer, even now, became top of every rank. There is a trade off, it’s either consistency or utility. But Mercy has both, hence the dominating pickrate. It’s why she outclasses healers like Ana and Moira, because they lack consistency and have utility, but not both.

1 Like

so you know that preheal that “saves squishies” yeah guess what the pre heal wasn’t what saved them it was you still hitting them with heals the only case where a pre-heal would “save them” is if a sniper brought them down to less than 10 health and more often than not they would die to a hitscan before you “pre” shot connected

do you know what’s infinitely more useful?

shooting through tanks and full health teammates that keep running in front of you at the last second while the two people that ran a head into a 2v3 are whining that your not healing them because the teammates that refuse to fight are body blocking.

this prevents trolling whether it was intentional or not because now they can’t body block you with full health and hitting themselves would give you evidence to report and ban them.

1 Like

pre-healing is only important if you cant heal well, this buff is really nice

I think some Ana mains are getting too greedy. Ana gets to shot through targets to heal better, more damage and clips size. Also self nano in deathmatch. Those are all several recent buffs.

Ana is already a moderate damage widowmaker, with no mobility but high utility, self heals, and strong counters to ULT.

They could at least give her this somersault she has as a POTG Intro.
Let her jump 3-5m in any direction, it’s still less than Genji and Hanzo wall climb but she could get a bit higher Position like in Anubis, or whatever. :pensive:

1 Like

I’m all for more Ana buffs but the clip size increase was not unnecessary. It means less downtime between healing while you reload which is awesome.

Also, the damage increase wasn’t a focus on making her dps. She needed it because her damage was low and her shots are hard to land which made her even easier to dive. The extra damage increased her survivability there.

I want this for her so bad! It wouldn’t be a crazy amount of mobility so she would still have that weakness there but it would feel so nice!

1 Like

I still don’t buy the argument that piercing shots only helps people who can’t position. If everyone is charging in and you got a fatty tank in front of you, you can now shoot through them and heal people that may be in front of them. It has nothing to do with bad positioning.

This is not a nerf, damn I feel like it’s Reaper all over again "But if you do the Math, the orbs healed him more than the life steal against DPS "

You people are so bad at this game, you don’t even know what a nerf or a buff is, be quiet please.

I agree with you and OP.

As a long term healer in many, many games I understand that if you -1shot and only heal 10hp you are wasting resources, but also understand there are times were this is important because of burst and hard focus.

Personally I like the change because I don’t have to take weird off angles to focus a target that often leads to poor positioning that get me killed.

Also now I can take shots at Pharah to help suppress her without having to back up and get spammed with rockets. I can just shoot through my team.

How often does this happen? Close to never. Burst is prevalent in every game. I haven’t had any issues in 100h. At least no issues as big as to mention here. Once every 5 hours I’d say. YES, prehealing does SEEM useless. But you’ll understand after losing your dps/heal for the 5th time in a row cuz there’s no immediate healing after he gets hit by a junk nade, hanzo stormarrow header, etc…
While we’re at it… shouldn’t the “fat tanks” stand on the frontline when engaging? That means they’re bigger than everyone else. Regular DPS stand behind them so you can heal both. If not, you’re doing something terribly wrong. ( I too always let my Mercy go in the front instead of tanks :wink: )

I’m still having the same opinion.
We got something, that made an existing mechanic slightly easier, just to completely lose another. Not a buff for me. Adjust at most. More of a nerf in my point of view.

1 Like

Mercy is twice as viable as Ana in every single category except CC and Antiheal…AKA the only two abilities that make Ana useful.

Nanoboost? Mercy can damage boost for free with zero downsides or cost.

High healing? That’s great. Mercy has that, doesn’t have to even be looking at you to keep her beam attached, AND she can heal through barriers.

Mobility? Shouldn’t even have to explain that one.

Now we have Brigitte and Moira who are both in a sense more viable than Ana. Brigitte craps on almost everybody in most 1v1 situations. It’s just so messed up. I truly don’t know what the hell they’re doing with balance anymore. I wanted to believe they wouldn’t give this game the World of Warcraft Treatment.

2 Likes

How often do people rush in as a group and Ana has no control over who is directly in front of her?

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

I’m not against Ana being able to pre-heal still, I think she could still use some love… but honestly I feel like that scenario happens quite often in the game of Overwatch.

Why not make it a toggle? That way both sides would be happy I guess.

I understand that both CAN be nice but for me the pierce-shots are ALMOST NEVER useful because I’ve adapted to it and can deal with it 99% of the time which is why I’ll probably never use it. Still “can’t play” Ana just because it feels sooo mega awkward that there is nothing to register the hit. Even after several hours of trying to get used to it. I’ve also never felt like it was being useful.

Well one thing we can agree on is I hate when they make changes that make a hero feel worse to play for people who main them.