Ana can't have these

Exactly. They just don’t want ana to be good lol.

1 Like

I mean she is the only sniper who cant headshot and has no vertical movement options and she cant even heal through barriers either :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Ana needs a form of healing passive to compete

Every other support has some kind of way to keep themselves alive WITHOUT burning their utility tools.

Ana should be rewarded for using her abilities for the team; not punished like she is.

If I DARE use my Grenade to heal the team, or to combo with my tanks/ DPS; I am now a huge risk of being killed because I have no way to undo any damage outside of taking away from another support.

Even the Lucio/ Zen combo, no other support duo REQUIRES the other support to go out of their way to make sure that the other support is protected at all times.

In the time it takes Ana to do 70 damage, Zen can do 92, Mercy can do 40/80 with headshots, Lucio can do 80/ 160 if every blob is a headshot… Like the only lower ones are Brigitte (Who can combo for 155) and Moira (Who can do 100 with her orb)

It just bothers me so much that they went and say “Oh we don’t want to reduce a characters weakness” and then go and put out the Hanzo rework which literally does the opposite of what they JUST said about Ana.

3 Likes
  • her damage output is fine since the last tweak
  • ana def needs better damage
  • a balanced ana doesn’t need more mobility than a mccree roll
  • her healing output seems fine since the last buff

for me it seems right now

I recently 1v1ed a Ana and she missed her sleep dart and used her bomb. I think she has those things in the right position than the damage and how effective they actually are, you can never land a sleeping dart or land one and change the whole game.

Already did for Sombra and Ana…

5 Likes

make her ult able to rez

Damn Ana, always taking stuff that doesnt belong to her! At least she should steal good things :((

You know Mercy has higher dps than Ana right? 100 dps, and can headshot

2 Likes

I love the “logic” of saying, “of course she has to have no way to defend herself from flankers, I mean she can heal from range so she needs to have a downside!”

Never mind that that downside totally defeats the purpose of ranged healing since you need to be right next to your team or you’re dead

That’s a very clear way of putting it.

Nano give 50% damage boost, 50% damage resistance? That’s pretty useful and make tanks crazy strong to hold a point or squishy into a tank. Mercy has to toggle between heals or damage. Yes it can hit a group however can 't have both damage and resistance a the same time. If mercy dies that’s it. Valks is useful when everybody is up. In clutch 2vs4 Nano can turn that around and flatten the odds. A nano Winston can turn 3 squishies into ash very quickly. You use Valk 2vs4. It gets wasted not much of a difference. Hit scan wipes out the valk with no cover or backup.

Sustaining tanks and farming friendly ults is all Nano is good for.

Mercy’s damage boost can let Ganji kill through trans. The higher you go the more viable Ana gets. The higher you go the worse Visor gets because Soldier’s can headshot more.

Mercy damage boost is a right click. Nano is an ult.

Squishy long range characters shouldn’t have close range character counter them? Yet squishy long range characters can counter short range squishy characters easily from a far. Hurray for double standards and balance?

Armor? You kidding? You think she’s a DPS. She was suffering the the moment dive started a year ago then went steadily down hill with each phase thereafter.

Right after her big nerf and dive came Sombra and Doomfist. That hurt. Even more dive heroes that find her trivial to remove.

Then the damage spams happened as hero DPS’s went up. At that point No hero could be healed through focus fire. Before this you at least could prop one hero to live through focus fire maybe half of the time.

Because of ALL that added fire power we saw the introduction of Orisa, the shoring up of the strength of shields and even more shields being added to the game. These block Ana’s heals (let alone her regular shots). Armor is the LEAST of Ana’s problems. The way we see it she has two big problems in the fields and it ain’t her DPS.

Firstly she after all the power creep ramp-up of last year Ana’s now a mediocre if not poor healer. Once before she used to be the high skilled Apex healer. Now even the simplest hero to pickup can out perform her on average with a whole lot less fuss in doing so.

Secondly dive. Dive. Dive. Dive. She has little in the way to defend herself against it; and there are way too many dive heroes in the game – D.VA, Winston, Genji, Tracer, Doomfist and yes even Sombra. All of these are hard counters and very often an opposing team is likely to have one or more of them.

On paper she should have a fighting chance against dive. That’s on paper. The sleep dart’s pretty darn easy to break. The sleep dart too was purposely designed to MOSTLY miss. All those videos you see of awesome sleep dart shots are just that, awesome – And not what the typical Ana main can do with any kind of consistency. Its not cause they’re bad shots its because of how hard they made the darn dart to use.
If you want to know how hard simply give it a try and you will see that there is a built-in handicap to using it. That’s on purpose. Remember when she first came out and everyone complained on how bad sleep dart was. Guess what? They stopped complaining for a good reason; it’s no longer as easy to use.

Her grenade was once a powerhouse tool. Yes it still has the Anti heal effect; but after that it’s not that great; after that it’s rather ordinary. Furthermore she can’t use it to fully heal herself. Every 10 seconds or so this hero that has no mobility, with a weapon designed for accurate fire (harder to use up close, easier the further away they are) can only heal herself for half her hit points. Small wonder dive finds her easy – they only need to strafe around her to make it hard for her to hit meanwhile they themselves are quite equipped with weaponry that require little to no accuracy up close.

D.VA and Winston. These two tanks even when played alone will destroy an Ana. If your team offers no peel the Ana is dead and there is NOTHING at all (nothing) she can do to defend herself against them. They can outrun her, block her shots if they want to and even then if they don’t they can disregard her DPS entirely – they’re tanks afterall. They pretty much have to go AFK for Ana to defeat them. Just how often does a team peel for healers these days. Not very.

Armor? Really? You think that’s why Ana is suffering? Really? She’s a healer that’s not very good at even that, healing.

2 Likes

This doesn’t make sense. There are way more than enough barriers in the game that would limit Ana from being broken at range. Improving her ranged healing capability is the only solution.

Ana is competing against a whole category at a role that, by design, is not aim reliant. Zen’s harmony or Mercy’s beam are NEVER going to miss – and it gets worse if you compare kits beyond just heals. So until that massive skill disparity gets addressed, balancing Ana will be muddy and difficult because you have to balance her numbers around some sort of “expected” accuracy value. If you balance for low accuracy, higher end players turn Ana into a God. Balance for high accuracy and she’s here, in her current spot.

Other hero categories are easier to balance because their skill gap is relatively close. Tanks for the most part are very forgiving, even the hardest one has a beam weapon. DPS are all aim-reliant with very minor exceptions. If we got a tank that required precision to protect allies, he would be in the same boat as Ana is right now. “Why take McTank when I can use any other tank and get more value” followed by arguments about how unreliable McTanks “strengths” are. Sound familiar?

Something has to give.

1 Like

Agreed. Very true…

Damage is not her weakness… the lack of selfhealing or any way to evade beeing dived is her weakness.

Her damage should only be buffed from 70 to 75 so she can two shot Tracer again, and properly defend herself from flankers. She doesn’t need her original 80 DPS.

She needs one or the other, not both. Either a passive self regen, or a mobility similar to wallclimb that lets her reach highground and get better angles to more reliably land her nade/shots without being obstructed by shields.

??? Her healing is fine, she has the second highest HPS in the game, only Moira’s HPS is higher. Ana’s shots heal 75 HPS, whereas Mercy can only heal 60 HPS, it’s just that Ana suffers from, you know, having to actually HIT her shots. Buffing her ammo was a step in the right direction, I think they should slightly increase her healing hitbox on allies, at least on slim/squishy characters.

2 Likes