Ana "buff" on PTR ? that's it ? that's all you think she needs?

"Ana

Biotic Rifle

No longer impacts allies with full health"

I mean, yeah, that’s a cool addition, but is this seriously the only thing you think Ana needs ?

3 Likes

They really don’t want triple tank to dominate again so they are being care with ana buffs

6 Likes

That’s actually huge…

31 Likes

It’s a step in the right direction. Besides, the triple-support triple-tank meta is on the rise. They need to be careful with their changes. Ana main btw.

9 Likes

That is actually huge.

3 Likes

They said in the past that they were scared to buff Ana due to tank meta.

And we’re in tank meta.

And they’ve only gone through with the slight ult nerf to Brig. Ana aint seeing anything substantial for a while I think.

I’m surprised no one is yelling to let her boost herself in all game modes

4 Likes

It’s HUGE, what do you mean???

2 Likes

This is not enough.

And I was called out and ripped to shreds when I said the miniscule damage increase on Ana’s rifle wouldn’t change her then. And it shows months later that I was unfortunately completely 100% accurate, that changed nearly nothing.

This is not nearly enough for Ana to be viable. Not even close. This is like an expected QOL. This should have been a thing on release.

3 Likes

Did you read Jeff’s post? They have other changes they’re trying out but some of them require new tech and might not make it into this PTR.

2 Likes

Can you please link it?

1 Like

what? You mean bullets go through full hp heroes and heal the damaged instead?

That’s a very very huge buff. Why are you underestimating it? oh and i played ana A LOT. so i actually know how bad she feels right now.

3 Likes

Go Practice range, look at the ground and Nano-Boost! It works on her there!

Not sure if its a glitch cause they mentioned only Death Match in PTR notes

but

OH MY LORD

2 Likes

I think that new tech was her self ulting in DM? And maybe full health checks for her projectiles.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/overwatch-ptr-patch-notes-may-3-2018/88617?u=amir-2114

At least they’re looking at her.

I still hope someday she gets to move vertically. I wanted that from day one.

I also hope that do more to keep her from having to grenade herself constantly instead grenading her team.

That’s all I want. I don’t think it does anything to a tank meta to have them.

Pretty good buff to me.

1 Like

Actually that’s INCREDIBLY huge and will absolutely make her more viable.

A lot of people stating that the buff is “huge”, it’s really not. If anything it’s a QoL change, it’s nice to have but it won’t impact the game that much. I understand them wanting to be careful but there is so many buffs she could use, the most appropriate would be having a bigger clip size or a shortened reloading time. Having the nano boosted teammate full healed would be HUGE.
And the thing is it would not even break her, It would only make her in line with other supports.

2 Likes

I was hyped for Ana changes and now we got this…
For me it is a nerf, since I never really had problems with fully healed allies, it’s really usually a positioning issue.

I used to preheal with Ana when I suspected incoming burst damage and now this is gone for a QoL change to make Ana easier…

Ana not being able to heal through shields or her poor self regen was not addressed.

1 Like