An Idea for Mercy From a (Non-Mercy) Support Main

A valid poll does not need to question every single member of a community, but it is necessary to have a valid sample size that is validly chosen using valid polling methodology. There’s more, but this will suffice for this point.

Factually, yes, invalidly collected data is invalid, and it should be discarded

1 Like

You want a valid poll by your standards?

Fine

Then go and MAKE ONE.

Stop complaining and take action, then we’ll see for sure.

Not my standards

Polling standards

1 Like

Doesn’t change what I said.

With apologies, I do not understand this response in the context of this discussion, so I cannot respond to it

1 Like

Actually for polls to be a valid statistic, you only need as little as 1% of a community (deeming the community is big enough) to determine the overall consensus. Having over 10 million players, even polling 1% of the community would give you a pretty good reading of how the overall community will be expected to respond.

This is why when testing drugs for marketing, you don’t need more than a thousand participants at times, because just 1,000 people is enough to deem how the overall community will react to said drug.

1 Like

It means if you want a valid poll, go make one.

Exactly what I said before, meaning what you said, didn’t alter my position on the topic.

1 Like

1% of the community can indeed potentially be a valid set of the population if proper methodology is followed in selecting the individuals who comprise that 1%

What proof do you have that the existing surveys were invalidly conducted?

(Other than the results not matching your agenda)

2 Likes

Factually, I didnt expect to alter your position

There are many individuals other than yourself reading this topic and others like it

1 Like

I would prefer you not detract from what I said, and go on and make that poll now.

1 Like

Personally, I dont feel I have detracted from anything you have said

1 Like

You completely neglected to mention the entirety of the rest of that reply, and instead only mentioned the part that didn’t need mentioning.

Now, again,

1 Like

When the community is requested to participate in the polls, from many different media, such as YouTube and Reddit, you can gather that the community overall is not happy with Mercy. Of many of these polls, as many as 42% of players were not Mercy players. Even then, close to 70% of these people said Mercy is not in a good state. With these polls created from many different social media, requesting that many participants participate, and with many of them attempting to be as unbiased as possible, you can still gather that the community does not appear to be happy with Mercy regardless of how valid you think they are.

As far as I know, there is not a requirement in these forums that one reply to everything that another poster wrote

1 Like

I respectfully disagree

Factually, data collected in an invalid manner is invalid

1 Like

Factually, you’re wrong. :slight_smile: these polls are not invalid. Give a single reason why.

They are pulled from multiple different social media locations, remain unbiased, and request that anybody participates. There is nothing invalid about it and the overall community disagrees with you. The community respectfully disagrees with you.

1 Like

As far as I know, there isn’t a requirement to have the word “factually” in more than half your posts, yet here you are

There also is no requirement to continually ignore the main point of the person you’re debating with, yet here you are

Nor is there a requirement to take everything so literally you come across as inexplicably dense, yet…
here.
you.
are.

1 Like

I think that’s kind of the point though? Like Valk is pretty weak and not super engaging. It has some strengths, such as helping a push. But it can easily be outclassed by so many other ultimates (Zen has better healing, Lucio’s ult is better at pushes especially in this high burst damage meta, and Orisa’s ult has better damage boosting).

Plus, this does solve a lot of the problems that the community had against Mercy’s old Rez. This version only allows up to 3 rezes (so even if there was a team wipe, the mercy could only bring back 3 instead of 5) and allows for counter play (since anyone could stop the Mercy at any point between the up to 3 rezes). It also makes it so Mercy didn’t need to hide for her ult, since if she pop’ed it early she’d have the healing aspect. If its too strong, we could always mess with some of the values, such as a 1 second casting time on Rez (essentially, cutting down the max rezes to 2 with 3 seconds of healing/boosting). If we also made Rez only attached to Valk, it would be a lot easier to balance (Rez as an ability is hard to balance. Rez as an ultimate probably easier)

1 Like

I dont feel the community disagrees with me, but even if they did, I would (and do) stand by what I said

In the same manner, if 100,000 flat earthers were in a room with me shouting continuously that the earth is flat, I would still disagree

Polls conducted in an invalid manner produce invalid data

1 Like