An Idea for Mercy From a (Non-Mercy) Support Main

So, Mercy is still a hot-button topic here in these Forums. With many wanting Mass Rez back, and many others who think that’s a terrible idea. So here’s my idea…

Her Ultimate remains as Valkyrie but it has 15 seconds on it (If it doesn’t already). And let her cast Rez instantly from it. But instead of Rez going on cooldown, it takes 5 seconds off of Valkyrie’s time. And here’s the catch, if Mercy uses Rez at any point during the Ultimate, then Rez goes on cooldown when Valkyrie ends. This way we don’t have the overbearing aspect of too much Rez. And if it continues to be too much Rez, we can try increasing Rez CD to 30 seconds.

This allows Mercy to choose to sacrifice her Ult to bring up to three teammates back, or bring 1-2 back and use the rest of the time for Group Healing, or forsake Revives and just heal like normal.

What do you guys think? Is this satisfactory? Are there any changes you would make? Discuss.

3 Likes

This fixes valk being dull, but it doesnt fix the whole I’m-glued-to-the-floor rez problem.

Also, this doesnt add to her midfight any.

Other than that, seems alright.

5 Likes

Factually, Mercy is not glued to the floor while performing rez

2 Likes

Wasn’t the problem with Valk that it had tempo rezes?

5 Likes

It’s already 15 seconds. But I am definitely in favour of shortening it in return for more power and choices.

Please stop

I have explained this before.

Dont start your “FaCkTcHuAlLy” business here.

10 Likes

I use the word “factually” at times

I do not understand the term you placed in quote marks above

1 Like
1 Like

I believe I am contributing in a worthwhile manner to these forums

1 Like

I think this is a really cool idea, but you would want to remove res from being a standard E ability. You would want to lock it behind Valk. 3 resses in Valk is A LOT and you get Valk between 3-5 times per match. With Mass Res and Res as it is currently, both only achieve(d) 6 resses per match on average. With Valk having about 3-5 Valks per match ups her potential resses to be 12-15 potential resses just in Valk alone. Having it available outside of Valk as well would just make another Mercy meta.

3 Likes

By running around in Mercy threads, taking everything literally, saying “I enjoy current Mercy”, beginning every sentence with “Factually,” and replying to anything you disagree with, (even statistics) with “I respectfully disagree”

Yeah, contributing a whole hell of a lot.

5 Likes

so we go back to original rework? Let me tell you people would gladly give up Valkyrie for those rezzers cause they’re much more valuable than up to 15 seconds of chain beams and flight

1 Like

Factually, I do not start every sentence with factually

If you review my previous post (for example) in this thread, you will find that the single sentence therein does not start with the word “factually”, nor does this word appear anywhere in said sentence

Factually, many of the statistics I have seen presented in various mercy threads are drawn from invalidly run surveys or from websites with incomplete data or improperly categorized characters. Invalid data is in my opinion worse than no data at all, as it misleads

2 Likes

I for one would not be glad to give up Valkyrie for mass rez.

I greatly prefer Valkyrie

1 Like

:thinking:

Its called a “sample size”

It is literally impossible to question every single player, so you go off of a smaller portion, from multiple sources, and take the results with a small grain of salt.

However, that does NOT mean they can be written off as “invalid”.

4 Likes

I’m down for this, but I think we’d need to remove rez from her base kit (totally okay with doing this btw as a person who’s support main is Mercy). It allows Mercy’s ult to be more flexible. Want to use your ult to potentially get 3 people alive? Go for it. Just want one person and heal the rest? Also works. Just need some extra healing and potentially will need to rez someone? Can do that.

Honestly, the more I think about this, the more I love the ult. It makes it so Mercy has to think more and be more engaged while ulting. Again, I’d just remove rez from her base kit to help it not be so OP. Additionally, might want to increase the cost of her ult a bit (mainly because she can get it so quickly now).

They meant giving up the Valkyrie timer for a res. Like the OP stated, you lose 5s of Valk for each res you make (up to 3 resses). They meant people would gladly give up the Valk timer of 5s each to res in Valk.

Thats fine for you, you’d be giving up a powerful part of her kit in exchange, but that’s your choice

1 Like

I’m sorry but making the rez cooldown even longer feels like such a nerf. And it doesn’t help with how Rez contradicts her playstyle of going fast due to the decreased movement speed.

It’s fine in concept right? But not practicality. The problem with valk and the part that is still here is that valk is not the powerful part of her kit. Rez is. And rez on guaranteed tempo pace is what was too strong. For example , take out valk entirely, and now Mercy has a 15 sec free flight only, no chain beams for that time during which instant rez is available for a cost of 5 sec of free flight. Yeah she isn’t healing and dmg boosting her whole team, but her tempo rez is so powerful that it is stronger than valk could ever reasonably be.