An alternative to PBSR

if you win two games in a row you get a little SR boost, say…15% on top of your normal SR gain for that game. Same goes for two losses in row, just a little 15% penalty for loosing two games in a row.

so if on your second win you gain 25sr, you would be given a bonus of 3.75sr

you don’t get the bonus on your 3rd win, but you do get it on your 4th in a row etc…

I think this would have the same effects as PBSR without all the mystery.

This used to exist, and was removed, for good reason. See How Competitive Skill Rating Works (Season 14) → Win Streak Bons / Loss Streak Penalty.

I know it used to exist, but I think my version is a little watered down then what they had.

If you make the effect smaller, you make the problem smaller, but it is still a problem.

My system will allow the SR/MMR to be 100% transparent, albeit with less accuracy.

But I don’t think it will be so much less accurate that it shouldn’t be considered.

no because then the forums will be filled with more whining about how blizzard is stacking things against them, the removal of it was a good idea, it leads to a lot less tilt.

that’s the beauty of my system, it’s only two games in a row and it doesn’t multiply exponentially

it still leads to tilt. Again it is not a bad idea, but you need to think of how much tilt that will cause in the game. you have a guy that won a game and wants that second boost only to lose it from an unlucky dva bomb on the rein, he’ll rage at the rein and blame him for the loss ( trust me i’ve been there), or a guy that lost one doing the same thing. As agent k said " A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it".