An alternative solution to showing health packs locations through walls

if I hit F2 can you show me a full screen, overhead map? with all health pack locations and types (mega/mini)

that would be awesome. it would look like the maps on Statbanana.com

We’re going to need more to go on. I don’t think something like this should be implemented in ranked since it takes away one of the fundamentals that should be learnt. for qp and things of that nature then sure.
There are only 12 maps per season now, it shouldn’t be too much of a task to learn where they are now

3 Likes

do you think OWL players should be allowed to have flash cards on their desks as they play, that show the map and health pack locations?

Do you think owl players would waste their time looking at them if they were allowed?

6 Likes

Do you think OWL players would need to? Do you think that even .01% of the player base would need to?

Dude, just learn the maps. It’s not difficult, Overwatch maps are extremely simple. This isn’t Escape from Tarkov.

4 Likes

answer the question.

How many times are you going to spam this thread? Are you ever going to notice that the feedback you get encourages you to just learn the maps and accept that people who invest the time to learn the basics will have an advantage over you?

What happened to this proclamation:

Just learn the maps.

4 Likes

answer, sure i dont see any benefit to them having a little map so why not. they wouldnt use it so they wouldnt be distracted by it. the only reason i dont want it in ranked is because people will use it instead of learning the maps. this would make them an easy kill while they are idly checking the map

3 Likes

but you’re not taking into consideration how they will play better because they will know the map

if OWL players can have a flash card on their desk, then so can I. and if I can have a flash card on my desk, putting it on the screen is a personal choice that I make at my own peril.

your argument hinges on the assumption that you know what’s best for everybody, with total disregard for the individual

you can have one on your desk, there is literally nothing anyone can do to stop you. so i suggest you stop making false equivalences and accept that you are pushing for a useless feature. the maps are extremely simple and the fact you are struggling to learn healthpack locations is more on you than anything else. just because you dont want to put in the time to learn doesnt mean the game should cater to your stubbornness

5 Likes

they could outlaw it in OWL

I would get good use out of this feature

fine, what would you like to see them work on instead of my idea. and don’t say bugs and heroes, cuz those things are already a given. What do features would you like to see in Overwatch ahead of my idea?

they could, would that effect your ability to have it on your desk? no, i dont see how its relevant.

i disagree, youd get more from learning the maps like everyone else.

what features do i want to see? more avoid slots, a more accurate ranking system. youve said it yourself, you have access to the maps, if you want to use one so much then you can, i just dont understand why you would want to handicap yourself in a competitive environment instead of learning maps.

4 Likes

don’t patronize me

the end justifies the means, it won’t handicap me, I don’t understand how you came to that conclusion

you being patronised is not my fault, i stated what i believe to be true, you took it personally and are blaming me for that.

the ends justify what means? you want them to work on a feature 99% of the playerbase neither needs nor wants because you refuse to put in the time to learn the maps. you want them to take up dev time to implement something because you either dont want to or are incapable of remembering basic information in a game as complex as this?

4 Likes

you’re saying you know what’s best for me, that’s patronizing

all my suggestions disregard time and budget

if you want to be offended by what i said then so be it. i dont really care.

then you are thinking about it in the wrong way.

regardless of budget, i want a gta 5 remake with the cast of overwatch to be playable on the arcade machines in hanamura. do you see the issue?

3 Likes

They could outlaw making ramen in between rounds, but they dont because no one ever does it

3 Likes

Just learn the map my dude. The game doesn’t need to spoon feed you everything.

4 Likes

no, you’re thinking about it the wrong way

nah, I’m good

Or you can just learn the never moving handful of locations they exist at.
Ya know, aka, getting goof

2 Likes