Am I wrong to say the team average MMR is an issue on Role Queue?

The game uses too many metrics to determine a players rank. That and the fact they won’t allow outside programmers to inspect the code to help them find flaws shows they don’t really care about it being a competitive game.

5 Likes

I honestly think the reason they don’t is they actually do force a distribution. The median for PBSR tiers took years to move from Gold to just into Plat.

Many have asked why a win/loss system is simply not good enough, but I think I understand why. They also I am sure fear people “gaming the system” which could only be possible if there are certain player-controlled variables not obvious (like say elims/damage) that can be manipulated.

i thought the whole pont of role q was so they could match mmr role for role, but they still just go on team mmr where its comparing apples and oranges. makes role q pointless and infuriating since you cant switch to properly counter your true mirror.

3 Likes

That’s because players group up with people of high sr difference.

The only solution is to disable grouping for 100/200 sr difference

2 Likes

While I understand that would help a lot with the matchmaking, it would really hurt the playing with friends aspect of the game.

1 Like

SR is not an “extension” of MMR, these are distinct systems. MMR is a handicapping system. More information in my thread on the subject:

2 Likes

If you just want to play with friends you have arcade and QP, imo.

2 Likes

Nobody tries in Quickplay/Arcade. We always like to play against players of similar skill level and improve together.

1 Like

Patently false.

2 Likes

Quickplay/Arcade might be challenging for you, but for me, not really.

1 Like

I might agree with you on most things, but playing with a friend 1000 SR lower in comp is more like boosting, sure nobody really tries in QP, but even just myself, if for some reason I was playing even 500 SR lower than my current roles, it’s like playing DuckHunt level 1, things hardly move, but to others (new players or people that arent at my level) the game is moving very quickly, on this topic, I 100% agree with Eyevou, if you want to play with friends, do it in a casual mode.

Edit:

Just stop, the conspiracies are getting out of hand, stop twisting the devs words to fit your needs, you are wrong, give up. MMR wouldn’t be an issue at all if people only had one account and didn’t screw with the system, and you know it.

1 Like

I find this all funny because people anchor that MMR / SR is really accurate. All gaming has been figured out - just like personality tests…

Can we get off the high horse and even admit that perhaps MMR / SR may not be 100%, so if we even attempt to make even teams lets at least ball park the PARTS of a team to be “as even” as possible with roles matched up.

What has the data shown?!!?!?!?

1 Like

Exactly this. There are several esports integrity advocacy groups on the rise, that are trying to force auditability and transparency in order to receive esports certification from a trusted authority.

No more “haha play our esport” with hidden rigging that secretely just tries to bin and rig around what hitbox sizes you can track, ignoring other factors and calibrating off of smurf corrupted rank data.

The industry just isn’t going to stand for it in the 2020s.

The difficulty of the mode isn’t what I would classify as the false statement.

2 Likes

IT helps no question, but that doesn’t mean it can’t use extra tuning. Let’s not do a throw out the baby with the bathwater approach by raising the issue. RQ still provided a much needed structure to the game, and the majority support it even given Blizz own statistics on what people select.

The team average under RQ is still superior to one simple SR for a player because the level of play obviously now that we can see it is one or more tiers apart frequently between their mains and off characters.

I strongly disagree with your assertion, I do not “know it.”

What do you think the MMR system is for? What do you think it does?

Or probably plat player simply didnt bother to rank dps section, with all those queue times.

Separate SR thing should be removed from the game.

I really would like to see a fix to the ridiculous SR differences I see across roles. Nothing more ridiculous than a 2500 support player but 1500 on dps? Come on you know some roles are getting thrown into the gutters for the funzies.

I can see maybe a 4-500 spread in lower ranks but you shouldnt be high bronze as a dpser and a plat support player. You are clearly throwing on dps. You see it all the time. Just get rid of role que the game was honestly better with open que as the competitive mode.

Sr across the ladder right now is laughably deflated

1 Like

So in conclusion I feel like everyone agrees? so team average may not be the optimal route to take when doing role queue?

Hey someone has been waiting for 15 minutes, goodness sake just place him / her anywhere but in the early queue at least try right?

Yes this. Roles should be matched. Especially when you see that your team has plat+gold dps vs. Dia+plat dps => it is gg go next. Tank role is a bit more forgiving and I do not mind running into +300 sr tank but in dps role that is pure murder.