Am I the only one that just wants Valkyrie to be buffed?

Like seriously, it’s “revert this, revert that” or “She’s finally balanced!”

Just, buff Valk. Please? Make the community see it as more than just spectator mode.

Why not try and appease both parties? Keep current Mercy but make Rez a “mini Mass Rez” in Valk. It stays in line with what Valkyrie is, a buff to every part of Mercy’s kit.

In my opinion, (I specify this because someone will take it as fact.) Mercy needs Valkyrie slightly buffed and then she’ll be fine, not perfect, but fine.

I don’t want a revert but Valkyrie can’t be left as is. (Though, I find soaring through the sky inherently fun even if I am doing the same things.)

4 Likes

What do you mean with mini mass rez?

If you make Valkyrie enhance resurrect, Mercy’s ultimate will once again be used to resurrect. Why not just make her ultimate resurrect, then, and put Valkyrie on E where it belongs?

17 Likes

The problem with that is that Blizzard already stated that they didn’t want Valk to be used just for rez…

Mercy cult will never be happy with valk…you could make it a literal god mode and they wouldn’t like it…clip through walls…heal through walls…invincible…heal all allies…kill all enemies…

“Not impactful enough” or “not fun”

They’ll accept one thing and one thing only…

3 Likes

Just leave.
You obviously have nothing constructive to say.
Calling mercy mains a “cult” incredibly childish.

18 Likes

I never called mercy mains a cult…I called the mercy cult a cult…you know what’s the hardest thing in the world to do?

Convincing cult members they’re in a cult… :confused:

1 Like

Mercy has her old Mass Rez but with a shorter range and all the limitations of normal Rez but it works in an AOE.

It’s just an idea. Doesn’t have to be Rez. I just thought it may appease some people. In this case, give Valk something potent. I’d even accept a boost in healing and damage amp. Perhaps even make GA an airdodge when not targeting someone for those Battle Mercy’s out there.

Let’s not jump to conclusions. There is a difference between the “Mercy Cult” and “Mercy mains”, or at least I assume that’s what they mean.
The Mercy cult won’t be satisfied with anything that isn’t Mass Rez and THEIR way.
Mercy mains are simply those who main Mercy, no matter their opinion.

3 Likes

See…he gets it

2 Likes

If you do that I think more than 90% of the mercy community will be satisfied with Valk. But you know its not gonna happen.

You just kinda stated your opinion as a fact

1 Like

Hyperbole…

But trust me there have been a thousand suggestions to fixing mercy on here and you still see the daily (hourly?) mass Rez and/or revert suggestions on here…it’s a one track collective mind at this point…

OP is just another possibly good idea that will get drowned out again

1 Like

The only people in a cult is the sudden outburst of people saying Mercy has a “cult” whenever people just want the hero to be changed

8 Likes

I just don’t think Valkyrie will ever work as a design without it being either too OP or too bad. I think a lot of people (including me) would take S3 mass res back (the “throw” pick state of mercy) rather than having this boring and badly designed mercy

4 Likes

Nothing but having Resurrect as Mercy’s ultimate again is going to appease the players who liked the hero before her unjustified rework.

Mercy wasn’t some barely picked hero like Symmetra with an overly situational ultimate who actually needed major changes. She was a well-liked hero to many more players, and I can’t be the only one who heard the nervousness in Jeff’s developer update when he announced the rework and tried to reassure people that the hero they knew and loved wouldn’t be mistreated.

Blizzard knew they were playing with fire, and they did it anyway. They deserve all the negative feedback they have gotten for making the changes to Mercy, and they will continue to deserve it until they fix the problem they created.

4 Likes

Why Thank you!
That’s the fist whole-heartedly positive comment I’ve ever gotten on a buff/nerf suggestion. :grin:
That’s not to say I don’t appreciate the feedback, it just gets insulting when you are berated for suggesting something then someone else suggests the same thing and are showered with praise.

Well the formatting didn’t help :sweat_smile:…paragraphs next time,…paragraphs…

(Coming from someone that types…like…this)

EDIT - whoops replied in wrong thread…lol

See. I don’t get that. I’ve been playing since the anniversary event last year with experience of prework Mercy and I don’t get how she went from fun to boring by removing Mass Rez. I found her MORE fun and still do.

If someone would care to explain why, I’d be happy to hear that.

I also found her Valkyrie design more fun and engaging (which were the key goals for this rework) before the January Patch. Ever since then she became boring and bland. Mass res at season 3 was far more engaging compared to what we have now as it was high risk high reward. When they added invulnerability to Mercy she felt OP and her ult was no risk high reward. Current she isnt challenging to play too. You can just hold LMB and imagine that you are being effective since 50 hps does nothing. Back then she had far more room for decision making, which currently is not present.

You should read Titanium’s post. They describe what I mean perfectly (its 30 minute read, I recommend reading it)

2 Likes

you have a friendship request from me on the battle.net, you might be interested in it

Because Blizzard wants Valkyrie to be it’s own thing. That’s why they did so many reworks on it. In the end they realised that Res cannot be balanced on Valkyrie because Resurrect was still the core focus of the ultimate, not Valkyrie.

Also as mentioned at the beginning of the year in Megathread 3 of the NEW forums (let’s not forget the other 7 of the Old Ones), there is no way to improve Resurrect without either…

1. Making Mercy base kit so obsolete, it superficially makes Valkyrie more powerful, but weakening her base kit will just make her completely unviable.

2. Make buffs to Valkyrie, but his won’t work…

• Boost her Pistol speed or damage and she becomes a DPS monster like 2.0 on the PTR
  • Boost her Heal Rate and she will be no different than Zenyatta and will probs be better. Not to mention her healing is already strong enough to mitigate most of the damage
  • Boost her Damage Boost and her team will just chew through everyone and it would be better than Orisa’s ult
  • Boost her Res feature and Res becomes the focus of the ultimate
  • Boost her recovery any further and she becomes virtually immortal
  • Boost her speed and she becomes untouchable…

It isn’t an exaggeration to call Valkyrie a glorified E ability… in fact it is an ability we Mercy’s would have liked when we can’t guardian Angel to people.

2 Likes