Am i the only one feel projectile weapons suck?

As the title said, did BLZ realize projectile weapons basically suck with very few exceptions like zen lucio and hanzo? The most example is probably genji, everyone knows how frustrated to counter hitscan in long distance. I thought the rework of hanzo let BLZ realize that every projectile weapon needs a speed buff, u cant underestimate the blindness of balance team.

It is for balancing reason, hanzo is a mid to long range dps, so he need the speed, if genji’s projetile is almost as reliable as hitscan at long distance, he will be so op against hitscans, since they wont have advantage against genji.

Genji is not built as a sniper so obviously it’s frustrating if you stand on the other side of the map trying to throw your stars at a widow. Then again, if the genji instead of trying to snipe people actually sneak up on the widow she’s the one that gets frustrated.

Hanzo’s projectiles travel 100 m/s if fully charged for a good reason. He’d be rather trash if you reduced it to match genjis speed which is 60 m/s and genji would be pretty damn broken if he had 100 m/s, but you don’t stop there but want all heroes to have the same speed… battle mercy would be real if she had 100 m/s on her pew pew gun lol and she synergize well with pharah as is and her current rockets travel 35 m/s I believe, imagine those flying at the same speed as hanzos fully charged arrows… Would turn her into a widow counter. :rofl:

Unless you start blancing other numbers like damage and so on that is but then you kind of have to normalize everything to be the exact same which again would be extremely hard due to how the main weapon often synergize with the characters other abilities, essentially they’d have to re-work every projectile hero in the game from scratch to make the game worse.

So instead of blizzard doing that you could practice the heroes instead. Switching from Hanzo to genji, zen or pharah is no different then going from widow to ashe really, if anything that is actually more decieving to your perception due to different FoV and how that effect the aim, but again, practice and you’ll be fine.

i just wanna genji’s projectile to be 80m/s just as zen’s ball, im not ask for a hitscan ninja, i can even expect dmg nerf.

If Genji gets a buff, I’ll take a break until he get nerfed. I’m not dealing with that crap.

2 Likes

That’s quite ridiculous lmfaooaoa

Crazy to think that he used to be soo much better, with more combos, mobility, blade duration, and even after all them nerfs, he’s still really good.

im not a genji main but i heard a lot complain about grnji’s situation so i tried this pve mode, genji really sucks, i have to pay most attention on him if im playing mercy. The only meaning of genji is nanoblade, nothing else, he really needs some buff, u can tell that from both competitive and owl stage.

Genji is not that bad tho, matching zen’s projetile speed is bit too much, good zen can already snipe across map, imagine genji does it with extra mobility lol, and damage nerf will break his combo for many genji players. The problem buffing genji is in 222 meta, he will become almost a must pick hero.

People QQ about all heroes and in this scenario I’m pretty confident that you have more complaints about him being annoying and scary to meet rather then underpowered.

He’s a very unique and probably the hero with the highest skill floor (once you get there things get easier but learning the basics is very complex) so you can’t really say he needs a buff or nef based on playing around with him in a PvE event.

He’s one of the more picked/common DPS and have decent/good stats in all the higher ranks in competitive.
He’s been picked very little in OWL (about the same playtime as McCree and Bastion), mainly due to the meta however he have positive/good stats overall from those games.

And no, you don’t pick him because of his ultimate, it have huge potential but it can be blocked by defensive ultimate pretty easily.
His main purpose is kind of killing off anything in the backline which he can do pretty easily since if you engage correctly you can instantly kill 200 hp targets and you should also be disruptive as hell in general by jumping around and so on, the deflect is also pretty game changing since you can block abilities such as hanzo dragon, grav and so on if you time it right

only his ult is, and is quite reliant on ana nano boosting you.

Your genji stats are insane…

i play a lot of genji

The early days of Genji are why I loathe Genji so much. If every hero in the game hard countered him, I’d still want Genji nerfs. No nerf is to big, no buff is too small.

Edit: this post reminds me that I haven’t written an anti-Genji post lately. I need to get on that.

Genji has a combo where you dash+three shriek+melee animation cancel that will do like 260 damage. The problem with the combo is that if you fail at securing the kill you have no dash reset and you’re stuck deep in enemy territory so you become feeder genji rather than god genji. If you are a god at the combo u can just fly all over the map instakilling their entire team.

The combo I think kills faster than the dragon blade ult because you need two cuts most of time to secure kill with that whereas the base combo is basically instakill.