Alternatives to Mercy's Rez

Mercy’s Rez is such a big part of her kit and we all know it’s extremely hard to balance. So… I was thinking what if it worked somewhat similar to a Soulstone in WoW. For those who don’t know … Soulstone is an ability a Warlock has that can be cast on anyone you are willing to cast it on allowing that person to rez itself once they die with like 30% hp or smth.

I was thinking Mercy could actually have her rez working like that and then maybe the ability couldn’t be used again until the first one got used or maybe she could switch it between characters but only between those that are still alive. What I was going for is that these people that would be resurrected wouldn’t be full hp. Still have some immunity tho. This would mostly change how rez works when in team fights. Considering Mercy would have to heal more people it would be harder to keep everyone alive. I think it would be a bit more interesting although the numbers are still just as placeholders pretty much… Don’t really have an idea for what she could buff during her valk but that’s what I thought.

A 2nd idea of mine is that instead of her rez she could have a different ability that acted like a shield that would protect someone from dying. Like when they’d suffer more dmg than health and they’d die the ability gets used and protects that person from dmg for like 1.5 seconds or smth. The numbers are just examples so don’t restrain yourself from suggesting a different one.

A 3rd idea that I saw some time ago from someone else whose name I can’t find now was to change her rez to a really powerful burst healing with a generous cooldown. It would open a huge potential to Mercy while making sure it isn’t op. Smth like 300 healing was suggested this way it could full heal a dps hero or it could heal a tank and maybe delaying or even saving him from dying. It would require much more skill thus making Mercy a support that isn’t going to be always picked.

I find her Valk ult extremely fun to play with so I wouldn’t want that to go anywhere but ofc everyone’s opinion can differ. I would like y’all to give suggestions and show your opinions on the ones listed above :). Even if you don’t agree with any of this u can still share your opinion saying why wouldn’t u want this to happen.

I apologize for any errors I might’ve made … it’s a long post and I really don’t want to reread it and correct everything XD. I’m also not a native English speaker so I could’ve missed a mistake or two anyway.

Tl;dr:
3 Different suggestions for a change to her rez

1. Make it so it doesn’t rez the heroes with full health. Rez would become a buff like the player would have a Guardian Angel that would resurrect the player upon death without Mercy being there.(the cd wouldn’t start until the person would’ve been rezzed and yes u can change the target)
  2. Change it to an ability that would prevent a hero from dying when suffering deadly dmg giving him immunity for 1.5 sec or so.
  3. (not mine) Change it to an ability that gives a burst of healing (300?) with a generous cooldown thus making her require more skill.
    Want to see other suggestions or opinions on the ones I listed.

Mercy is balanced. :sunny:

1 Like

Yeah sorry about that it wasn’t exactly what I was going for. It was a post I made on the old forums but not many looked at it and I thought I’d repost it here to see how the ideas would be received.

[Moderator edit - love the feedback, and we know the megathread is full so we’re asking everyone to consolidate their feedback here - [Feedback Thread Continued Part II] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018 Thanks! <3 ]