Alternate history skins?

This has been suggested at least once before, but I think it’s still worth considering. This year’s Archives gave us some interesting history-inspired skins in keeping with the Archives historical theme, but I think there’s more exploration to be done in our characters’ personal histories. Namely: alternate histories.

What would Overwatch characters look like if things had turned out differently and they ended up with different jobs or entirely different allegiances? Examples include instant classics such as…

• Talon Mercy
  • Talon Hanzo
  • Strike Commander Reyes
  • Blackwatch Tracer
  • Junkertown Winston
  • Null Sector Zenyatta
  • Oasis Torbjorn
  • Overwatch Pharah
  • Shimada Genji (adult, non-cyborg, as if he and Hanzo never fought)
  • Vishkar Lucio

And would somebody please explain why Orisa’s Null Sector skin hasn’t received an Omnic Crisis recolor already? Easiest legendary skin OW artists will ever have to create.

2 Likes

Because people would cry about “low effort” and complain that it took the place of a “real” legendary. (I want Omnic Crisis Orisa too)

if you look closely, there are “slight” traces of contradictions to the original concepts of the heroes:

• mercy devil
  • zarya Cyborg (she hates omnics)
  • Ashe socialite (she never received the family inheritance)

obviously mine are weak examples, but it is to understand that it is not impossible :wink:

I fully agree, it was said by Summer Games 2016. but in my opinion there was also little cunning from the developers: they could put the skin (the model) as legendary and dedicate a “colors” section as epic unlockables after having the skin. a bit like the weapons section, which is also largely wasted.

well…too late

1 Like