Alt-tab, backfills and blinking icon

Reposting it, since it’s another patch and it is still an issue.

Hello,

I was reporting it some time ago, few patches passed and the issue still persists, so I will report it again. (And will continue to do so after every patch).

When alt-tabbed (for example to read news, or watch YT) while searching for the game, the icon on windows start menu starts to blink when a game is found. But it is only true for full games that You join from the start.
When a backfill game is found, the icon stays dormant. It only starts blinking when player is going to be removed for inactivity. From that point I have 10s to switch to OW, choose a hero and move, or I will be kicked.
It is especialy troublesome when queue times are long. Today, while queueing as DPS in QP, the card told me it will be 9minutes. So I alt-tabbed, started browsing through the internet… and suddenly, after merely a minute, or so, I see blinking. I switched to OW again, only to see “You were removed for inactivity”. Well, that sucks, obviously I did not see the icon immediately.
And thats the point - on regular game, when icon starts blinking I have 30s to choose hero, 1 minute to prepare def/attack and only after that inactivity timer kicks in. I can safely miss the icon blinking for even a minute and no harm done.
With backiflls? Nope - impossible. Either I am staring at the icon all the time (which defeats the purpouse of alt-tabbing), or be punished for not wanting to stare at the timer in-game.
Not a good mechanics.
I only assume it’s not working as intended.

Therefore I submit it here as a bug.

When being put into a game alraedy in progress in QP, the icon does not start bliniking.

Please, resolvbe this.
Or add web browser client into teh game, so people will not have to alt-tab.

the alt tab the game dislike this for years, error from DX11

Could we please, at least, have it recognized as known bug?
Just happened to me again.
Maybe then someone at the dev team will at least take a look at the issue?
Seriously, that thing adds to at least 20m of lost playtime each session.

They read all threads here, so there’s no need for duplicates.