Alt account placement prediction...?!

So I’ve got another alt account (3rd.) one account is placed in gold that i play with my brothers (who are silver) i have another account that is my main and is solidly flexing from 27-29 with a high of 3100, i mainly play this with friends who are plats. Ive got tons of game knowledge and been playing since beta so i decided to do another alt for myself only. Ive been playing quick play games only with master, gm and diamond players on support mainly and am consistantly having multiple golds and occasional potg. The gm players are way more mechanically skilled but i feel like i could easily settle into high diamond to low masters… the group play alone in the games has been a significant difference which is a topic for another post… but i was curious if others have done this and how their placements went and where they ended up??? I’m currently lvl 22 and will be doing placements as soon as i hit 25 this season. Any thoughts or insight is appreciated. I know the ranking system is a bit of a joke but i curious as to what will happen.
Thanks

probably plat but you can work your way back up. i see more placements there than not. then they either drop or go up

Check out Initial Competitive Skill Rating, Decrypted.

If you would, please write down the ranks of people you are playing with/against each game, and your result.

Example:
My team: 2 diamonds, 1 plat. enemy team: 3 diamonds, result: W
My team: 1 master, 2 plat. enemy team: 2 master, result: L
etc.

And let me know how it goes. There have been some rumors that my post is obsolete, so it would be nice to have some fresher data from a high skill player.

It’s not, Neptuno is doing an unranked to t10 playing supports only challenge and his first placement was with golds.
Twitch

If you want to watch it. He went 9-1 and placed ~3500

1 Like

Thanks. Neptuno also showed some quick play stats at 00:20:45 and confirmed that he try harded quick play.

So, Shim, your first competitive game will be around 2350. By the end of placements, you can expect a range of roughly high bronze (0-10) to low master (10-0). Most people place closer to high gold than their true rank, so you will likely climb after placements are complete.

If you still want to take careful data, I’ll take it, but it is largely redundant at this point.

Will do ive won 53 games so far in qp at lvl 23 cant tell how many losses though…

So even if i group with all master or gms and go 5-5 it would still place gold plat and not consider the 50% in the master gm range? Hmm so many flaws in this system o see how luck has a huge factor now, other then doing a 6 stack how can you do matches like an intial placement so heavily weighted when there are so many people who play like crap in this game especially in the gold plat range.

So, are you admitting to smurfing…? Do you play like a high-diamond in gold?

You probably won’t be able to group with high ranked players until you are high ranked yourself. You still have an SR during initial placements. It’s just invisible.

The only real trick I can suggest is to do your placements at the beginning of the season. You will be less likely to be grouped with other smurfs and memers. That is, you’ll do your placements with people that actually belong in gold/plat and are active players, and you should dominate till you are closer to your actual rank.

Composed jam-
i main support on my new account, plat account i fill, and in gold i play to learn character i dont ever play. So to answer the question no im not smurfing, at least i dont think so… i literally play characters im unable to play in higher ranks. Ive also played it for a couple seasons learning new characters as they come out and filling and giving advise in comms. A smurf to me is a mechanical master gm player on dps going in and dominating in silver because their mechanical skill is so vastly different. Thats why i called them alt accounts.

1 Like

I get that, and I have 2 alts myself, but some people say they are alts when they actually smurf on them.

I don’t agree with your definition of smurf. It’s too specialized. A smurf is, to me, someone simply playing in a rank that’s too low for them intentionally.

There are GM smurfs in diamond that screw up diamond games.
There are diamond smurfs in gold games.
There are Plat smurfs in bronze games.

So, if you fill on the plat account, you likely have to play support. Do you intentionally not play the supports you’re really good with? I’m genuinely curious here.

I think smurfs ruin games so I’m just hoping you weren’t doing that.

Nah on this account, my main… i fill and play my best. Ive never placed in master or gm so it wouldnt be smurfing anyways. This accounts been around since beta so i feel like the mmr is so cemented its impossible for me to get out … hence the new account. On that account ive been playing support as i can play that best and seem to be able to carry and play well with masters and diamonds easily on support.