Almost EVERY Sombra player DOESN'T want PTR Sombra!

Honestly, it would be okay if they:
A) Made the translocator non destructible
B) Took off that STUPID 2 sec cooldown crap on her hack.

Then I would be happy as a lark

3 Likes

I dont mind the 2 sec cd for a failed hack should be some risk in messing it up. What I would do if just looking for buffs

• increase damage to break hack
  • increase damage to break stealth
  • fix los bug for hack. Hack needs to be reliable part of her kit if that is her big contribution.

I am still on the fence about capturing while invis… I mean they actively tried to decrease stall at one point so I can see why they made it that way if they are giving her perm invis.

2 Likes

So much qq, just hold onto your translocator and stop whining.

1 Like

Sure but this takes away one of her best ways to help the team, if your team can’t get through the choke and you invis to the point it pulls some of their team towards you, if you can get a pick then they’ll have to send more thus creating an advantage on the point.

If if you don’t kill or cap they’ll place someone on point away from the team to keep an eye on you which creates an advantage at the choke. Perm invis was an answer to a question nobody asked that created more problems than solutions.

It’s closer to a 90% being disliked as 18% of them is ok with the changes but does not like the direction they took with them.

What about THIS PTR Sombra?

Perhaps be less impatient, and do not jump to conclusions.

1 Like

Still a nerf just a smaller one.

2 Likes

seem like they are listening to feed back

1 Like

Not really. Reacting to “dont nerf Sombra” with “okay we nerf her just a bit” is not really listening.

8 Likes

they just buffed her in PTR what do you want them to give her a bazooka ? At least wait and see how teh new PTR changes will work out

you can’t make everyone happy

this buff looks like they just lowered her skill floor and overall made her more viable for most players while nerfing sombra mains

sombra mains are the only ones that will be less useful with her while like everyone else will play her without throwing games now

I dont want nerfs to her kit which takes away options and ways to contribute while at the same time her buffs only make her easier to play for newcomers, but does little for Sombra players with experience.

Its that kind of deal as if they gave Widow a big hitbox on her shots but remove the ability to crit in return.

2 Likes

Watch “#SaveSombra” on YouTube

I waited 11 seasons for Blizz to help fix Comp so that I can feel comfortable using Sombra in a less toxic environment. Blizz tries to fix the environment, then they nerf her into oblivion to make me more toxic.
She has 5hp locator that can be destroyed by a Torb turret. I will repeat that…

This vid was hilariously perfect and so depressing at the same time. My monitor broke in a thunderstorm the day this hogwash went to PTR. I may not be able to play her again live before this goes live. And I may never play her again if that’s the case.
Based on past PTR updates, there is no way this doesn’t go live.
So where before you could get in and out quick like a budget Tracer - or just stay in the fight midrange threatening to hack from behind your Rein, now she’s slower, more detectable, with a 5HP locator she can’t rely on because a Torb turret 40 meters away can destroy it (among other thing like dust on Anubis), an inconsistent main ability, and an EMP that just so happens to NOT disable laser guided mines in its range.
But hey, she can hide indefinitely. At the bottom of the pick rate list.

3 Likes

Logic? in these forums?
Unlikely.

1 Like

Mercy Main btw

sips tea off in the distance

1 Like

With the recent comment from Geoff, I might actually like them since they’re reverting the detection radius and making the translocator much quieter, and making EMP hack the Wrecking Ball’s mines for 10 seconds.

I say might because I still feel like she’s too slow.

Ideally, I’d prefer if there was a middle ground on her movement bonus, (60-65%), and the TL has 20-30 health so stray bullets don’t kill it.

I’ll need to wait till those adjustments hit the PTR and I can see how she feels before I say for certain.

2 Likes

i don’t understand why new Sombra cant have the speed boost. They could just give her the boost for the duration of old invis and then lower her speed when Sombra stays longer in invis. They should have just give her another spread reduction or dmg buff and call it a day.

1 Like

Everyone else will throw games even more because they’ll be sitting in the enemy backlines, stealthed, waiting and waiting for “the right chance to do something”.

I’d be happy if she was played more, but I don’t think that nerfing an already bad hero while improving a bit his accesibility for those who are new to her is a good solution because that people will most likely abandon her again once they realize Sombra’s not good. If they truly want to make people play her more, why don’t making her at least a little viable instead of keeping her in the well?

PTR Sombra sounds like fun. Give it a chance.

1 Like

still nerfed, just slightly less. I don’t see why the can’t just not add the nerfs, she shouldn’t have to pay for buffs with nerfs until she’s meta defining