Allstar skins make me sad

Fornite and Apex and LoL charge like 20$ a skin. I think Blizz is going to start charging that much for cosmetics when OW2 hits too. It’s a good idea on their end to make more money to create even more content.

These people expecting to get every cosmetic for free are so annoying, esp when Blizz provides us with an avenue of earning free tokens via OWL.

What you mean the artists who spend hours designing and 3-D modeling these skins shouldn’t be giving them away entirely for FREE?

:open_mouth:

Depends on country restrictions

1 Like

Yeah, sorry. I can’t speak for people who live in other countries.

I don’t think that’s fair to compare though, those are all F2P games

5 Likes

I don’t even know how to link youtube to anything. It isn’t exactly upfront information on how to earn tokens either. It also isn’t a very intuitive system to go through.

Okay, and?

You assume everyone has 10 bucks to just throw around. Especially during a pandemic.

See above.

It took me an entire year to get money together just to build the computer I have. 10 bucks is a lot to me, thanks.

I agree. If you look at my OP post it isn’t a complaint, more like a “Oh well” but this is the internet and everyone has to be combative about everything to make someone look bad.

3 Likes

Well here you go, it’s a bit late though.

Most of us paid one time for OW about 4 years ago, and it wasn’t that expensive.

Why should the Devs have to supply us with an endless amount of content and free cosmetics when all we gave them was a single time purchase of the box copy of the game?

People wonder why WoW gets more content when they pay for a box price AND every expansion is 60$ AND they all pay 15$ a month to play.

I fully expect OW2 to have a battlepass and tons of paid cosmetics, and I’m fully ok with that. It’s what Blizz should have done long ago.

Paid cosmetics = more frequent cosmetics and higher quality cosmetics. It also means more content in general.

1 Like

They aren’t preventing you from playing the game, and giving you a way to earn it for free at the same time.

If you can’t be bothered to even put on OWL in the background and/or pay the price for a couple of hamburgers at McDonalds, I don’t know what else to tell you.

:man_shrugging:

There’s really no argument that paying the entry fee of buying OW and getting years of content is not a great value.

6 Likes

I don’t care much to watch the league a lot, so I just buy them

People act like you can only use the free tokens for this stuff, are y’all that stingy? I understand not everyone can afford it, but the sheer number of people that treat it this way baffles me.

1 Like

I don’t mind the paid cosmetics in this game, I own quite a few of them. I just don’t think it’d be a good idea to make every skin cost money in a game with a cost upfront, esp if the leaked prices of OW2 are true.

If OW goes f2p, sure, I wouldn’t mind dropping some money on it but I’m not going to pay $60+ dollars on release to have every cosmetic locked behind yet another paywall. Overwatch is a cool game but not a $500 game

3 Likes

It’s probably because they don’t want to support OWL by giving it their viewership

Which is even more ironic because they don’t want to support Blizzard financially at all yet are mad they can’t get these awesome cosmetics for free

It’s the lack of logic for me :pensive:

^^^ Yep. We’ve gotten SO much stuff for only paying one time for the game. 40$ one time payment for 4 years of content, new maps and heroes, and tons and tons and TONS of cosmetics. It’s wild, really.

Kind of criminal that Blizz never made a better monetization system for themselves like Apex and LoL and Fortnite have. They deserve more $$ tbh.

Okay, and? I never complained that they are. You are grasping at straws here already.

Read above.

If you are spending 10 bucks at Mcdonalds instead of at a grocery store which can buy you food for 3-4 days then you got disposable income daily. Some of us don’t.

I never made that argument. You all are making that argument.

What is ironic is you think I am mad or don’t want to support OWL or anything involving it. Stop projecting your hate filled trolling bile onto me, thanks. Nothing in my OP post or any post said anything about that. I just said I don’t watch OWL.

There could be a ton of reasons why I don’t watch OWL. But hey, got to try and make people look bad on the internet first right?

I already spent 60€ on this game and I am also not a fan that some things are locked behind a paywall, even if it’s only included “as an extra” - like the Genji and Symmetra skin.

They know exactly what they’re doing when they choose Genji, one of the most popular heros, and Symmetra, a passionate fanbase who didnt get a good skin for a while.

Yeah, you can get OWL tokens for watching, indeed - and you can buy it with that.
But especially the Blizzcon ticked skins annoy the heck out of me.

I do not support spending even more money on a game, that already was full priced at the start.
Same with that i don’t buy weapon chests in an Assasins Creed game.

Free to play games, maybe - to show my support, otherwise they would not earn a single dollar with me playing the game.
But Blizz already has my 60€.

1 Like

I don’t think Blizzard is desperate enough or stupid enough to put a battle pass in a paid game

Dead by Daylight did exactly that and the battle pass is ridiculed by the community considering that there is basically no way to earn the equivalent of legendary and epic skins in that game outside of having to actually pay cash upfront. I mean… actually, the community hates their devs probably as much as this community does lol.

But anyway. The battlepass will be the dumbest idea yet.

Then you’d have no problem opening it on another tab, muting it, and letting it run all day for a week to get your skins for free, no?

This is pretty entitled.

LoL and Apex are free to play but skins cost around 20$. So you’d already pay more than you payed for OW just to get 4 skins in those games. In OW you are getting tons and tons and TONS of cosmetics and skins for that initial price.

Acting like paying 60$ once and expecting 4+ years of updates and maps and heroes and cosmetics without paying any more is justified is kind of crazy

No, because I do not buy 4 skins for those games, the heck?
I pay maybe for one or two and thats it.

Yeah, imagine playing free to play games with the same things.
Or Paladins, lol. Same stuff, new updates, maps, heros, gamemodes, etc. Not OW exclusive my friend.

1 Like

Comparing Paladins to OW when it comes to quality is erm…a bit laughable

Anyways, my point is you are spending much MORE on free to play games just get a fraction of the comsetics OW gives you for it’s box price. And yet you’re going to complain that they are selling a few special skins on the side? It’s entirely unrealistic to expect Blizz not to charge for cosmetics, as they will be making barely any new revenue 4 years into this game.

I hope they go full battle pass mode in OW2 with paid cosmetics (which we already know they basically are because the survey last week mentioned selling themed cosmetic skin packs). :slight_smile: Can’t wait.

You clearly have a problem with reading at all yes? Read all my posts. Maybe you’ll get more of the picture then “REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE” bile you are screaming at me.

1 Like

At this point - not even anymore. At least the gameplay and cusomisation has way more depth that Overwatch. If you like the game or not, thats up to you - but at least we do get updates and different events there - even if its not exactly the same quality like Overwatch.

But at least we do get new things, hm?
Can’t say that about OW.

I said I dislike it because Im not going to spend the money on a game I already bought for 60 bucks and I also said that I do not buy more that max. 2 skins in a free to play game.

If you want to spend so much money on one game, thats your desicion.
But it’s pretty weak to make fun of mine mate

1 Like

And this is why OWL will never die XD
Because people who dont like it, and some even who dont want OWL to be a thing, still watch it that way. And its helping them keep streaming alive a lot.
Tokens are genious idea i say.