Allow Doomfist to block projectiles

I am sure a lot of Doomfist players would trade in his little “melle” for an ability to use his “Bone breaker” (that’s what I call it) to block projectiles. Like genji’s deflect.

Maybe even have it reset after each kill like Genji’s deflect.

1 Like

Okay, so let him overcome all forms of counterplay non mobile heroes have?
No thanks.

5 Likes

What?

It’s right there in the video. He can do it there and not in game?

0:40 look !

id argue against giving doomfist any kind of defend him self on demand ability in his core kit.

His shield generation mechanic is vital to his playstyle for numerous reasons- It gives him sustain, but only if he is landing abilities. There are merits that give doomfist strength here, and merits that (justifiably) serve to limit doomfists strength. A number of things can deny doomfist those shields (Bubbles, boops, heroes who can become intangible, etc)- And allow punishment for bad engages.

Giving doomfist a means to defend himself so freely at his discretion would deny a major layer of counter play currently available against doomfist, that is entirely necessary to deal with him.

6 Likes

Looks like an exciting ability to play in experimental. Wouldn’t you agree?

1 Like

For me personally? Id have to disagree if im honest. I think the shield generation mechanic is necessary for playing against doomfist.

Playing against a doomfist who could just use his own deflect mechanic at his discretion would break the character in a lot of ways, and require some other major tweaks to his overall kit to balance it out.

2 Likes

My Bastion still shreds Genji and he has deflect. Giving Doom fist to block projectiles looks interesting as well as an exciting ability to try.

Your post almost seems to reflect fear more than a refute post to the idea.

I would have thought his mobility kit was the counter as an evasion skill.

Meanwhile, they said he could flatten a sky scrapper but in-game he failed to flatten a large pot plant! :thinking:

Twist, let’s do the twist… lol

Id like to preface this by stating I am a filthy doomfist main.

My post reflects the knowledge and experience of having doomfist be my single most played hero, by a fair margin (Hundreds of hours)- And the understanding this experience provides in regards to what his current shielding ability provides for the character in regards game mechanics from the view point of playing as, and against doomfist.

His current shield design provides benefits, as well as necessary counter play.

Removing that and replacing it as you have suggested, would give doomfist a powerful ability, and remove a layer of counter play.

Would I have fear for something like this?

Absolutely.

Id have to be a fool not to fear giving doomfist control over his defenses like this while removing that layer of counter play. Players hate doomfist enough as it is- Removing a vital counterplay element to doomfist would only serve to make that hate worse.

4 Likes

Are u talking about his quick melee?

1 Like

Blocking projectiles could be made to be a comital move that doesn’t allow him to contest objectives. Like Sombra cannot contest objectives while invisible.

This topic gets weirder and weirder to me

1 Like

Honestly I think DF has enough sustain, especially for a DPS hero who is so insanely good at killing people quickly.

This would be nice for maybe a tank doomfist though!

1 Like

It is called development. :slightly_smiling_face:

But this really does mess with counter play against certain heroes. For example if Doomfist is fighting Ana and he has 2 options, hold up block and hope Ana shoot her sleep dart at it or cancel it with a surprise combo.

I believe this would remove some of his risk.

I just want to be clear… we are discussing Doomfist “blocking” projectiles not deflecting any projectiles back at targets.

While blocking projectiles, Doomfist does nothing for the team. Much like when Sombra is invisible, she must come out of invisibility to help the team.

Like in the video, He blocked projectiles until he chose the moment to strike.

Umm what I’m saying is in that scenario Ana shoots her sleep dart (which is a projectile) while Doomfist blocks, and now she has nothing to stop him and gets killed. Or Doomfist can hold up block and surprise combo her.

I thinking that it’s too much and messes up counter play with certain heroes

1 Like

Ana is not a DPS hero.
Ana is not a tank.