Allow 6stack to que with all stacks and solo

I think its stupid that overwatch trys to be fair by putting 6 stack with only 6 stack and solo with solo. IN competitive matchmaking it shouldnt be fair like that, it should only be fair that u fight in groups of similar rank only. 6stack get punished with long que times(plus time to fill teh group), and they aren’t even endorsed to be played in so que times are always long.

In Apex u can que solo or with a group but both play in the same game. It’s unfair to soloque and that the point isn’t it. When u play competitively dont u wanna play in the most optimal form to win? if u want to soloque then sure, but dont complain that stacks keep kicking your butt, just the way it was meant to be.

In fighting games we got tier list which rate characters in order of matchups compaired to the rest of the cast. If u pick the low tier character then u are gonna have a harder time beating others, but that on u for not picking a top tier character. now u gotta get gud, put on those tryhard panties, and play even harder to get that bread with the unfair advantage u have.

Now take overwatch, a team based shooter with a heavy team reliance, but the best way to play is “COD team deathmatch”. soloque doesn’t act as a team most times, and usually whichever team gets the first team fight, no the first kill in most cases, is just gonna snowball the rest of the game cycling thru ults. Yah we could counterplay these ults, but when u got no communication to cordinate a strategy to due so beyond “off healer hold ult til any enemies ult” its really hard to do anything about this snowball effect.

Now do a 6stack and u have cordination, teamwork, and the games are now competitive, but this is actually endorsed not to due cuz the matchmaker intentionally tries to punish u for it. from long que times in general to getting higher rated sr groups to u(like way higher), then everyone leaving after one loss, its just isnt worth it. This is what the match maker calls “fair”.

Why are we trying to be fair in a competitive gamemode, why can’t anyone que in 6stack an then not que with anyone of the same rank. A competitive gamemode shouldn’t be biased like this, it should group anyone with everyone an you are left to suffer the consequences of not queing in the best optimal form to win. now people would say that then soloque is the best way to win, but i talk in soloque to 6stack in which most cases the win goes to 6stack for playing the game competitively. Soloque has been broken since day one, an bliz doesn’t want to get rid of it cuz it was made for casuals to relax and feel good after a long day of work. remember that, a comp mode made for casuals, meaning its a casual mode.

2 Likes

And soloQ players get punished by having to play against a fully organized team.

15 Likes

how it should be in a competitive gamemode. 6stack are more cordinated, higher tier games, that dont deal with the fualts of the matchmaking system in soloque. they require way higher skill to pull off, yet attempting to due so is punished by the matchmaking itself. if anything soloque getting any stacks group against them is a punishment by that logic. any pre-made group will most likely be cordinated an using teamwork in which soloque knows it probably won’t have most games. would getting multiple 3 2-stack groups on the enemy team be any different then a 6 stack? chances are they go to group chat an completely steam roll the soloquers.

i play Fighting games an i pick low tier characters, an then sometimes i get bodied by high tier characters cuz they have more reliable tools to adapt to every situation, does that mean the matchmaking being unfair to me cuz my poor decision in character isn’t my fualt. Or you fight 3 stacks in a game like apex where they actually have mics and are less likely to throw an help u as oppose to the ramdoms u get. Is it unfair to the soloquers who themselves choose to role the die on the teammates they get? Soloquers in overwatch choose that god awful experience, they wants to play with ramdoms knowing the crap they will have to put up with, so if they getting bodied by stacks it should just be expected.

Also point out, whenever someone says that “the enemy 2 also gets throwers, leavers, and toxic teammates 2 so its fair” is full of crap. basically what your telling me that its not so much skill at the game that matters so much as the matchmaking itself determining how most games will play out. if u expect to get that then you should be expecting to fight stacks as well an deal with it cuz “i have the same chance to get X-stack on my teams just as much as the enemy can”. if the enemy gets 5 throwers who leave after the cancel game timer goes off then its just pure luck u won that match an skill wasn’t an issue at all, u just gain sr that u didn’t earn in honest.

Apex just came out. We don’t know if they’ll have some competitive mode in the future.

Do you hear yourself? A Six Stack should play against another six stack because its fair. Is it fair to get free wins just because you have 5 friends who play the game?

8 Likes

Is it fair that you can roll the die in soloque that u get no leavers or toxic teammates, but the enemies that 3 teammates that leave so u got free win anyways? is it fair that 3 stacks an 2stack can still go against soloque with higher cordination usually stomping these full soloque teams? or is it fair that 6 stack is punished with long que times and harder matches? Is it fair that the game encourages you to do soloque over 6stack, even encouraging one tricking over switching to help the team?

If u rly wanted the game to be fair by your intepretation, soloque should be the only possible option. No more grouping with friends, no more stacking, we should only be able to roll the die only and pray to our good lord jeff kaplan that the enemies get throwers on their team an we don’t. QP+ as it is is already cancerous enough, but if u force us to play in that mode then a crap ton of people are gonna be taking long breaks after a qp+ session, but it will be fair cuz were all now gambling on good teammates an bad enemies.

Or what we could do is make a actually competitive mode of 6 v 6 only, that endorses people to stay together for longer periods of time in which both soloque won’t have to deal with the cordination of stacks ever again. everyone happy, competitive people get a competitive mode, casuals get to keep the mode that make them feel good about themselves.

you can have a 6 stack face 6 solo queuers. after about 7 minutes in queue as a group, you will get 6 solo queuers. I think this is a good way to do it. It tries hard to match on groups, but it’s not set in stone.

when discussing groups and queues, I think a solo queue would be the thing most needed. or a queue for 6stacks only. Anything else in between just gets messy.

In short, I like the way the matchmaker currently handles groups.

3 Likes

Its called skill. Throwers exist yes but having 6 teammates and 6 randoms is literally free wins and does not reflect skill in the slightest

4 Likes

Devs said 6 stack vs 6 solo has something like 60% win chance so it only happens rarely

4 Likes

Comp mode in battle royal games is a joke.

If anything 6-stack vs 6 randoms show more skill then then soloque mess. If the randoms are actually able to beat the 6 stack that usually wont have any flaws that the soloque matchmaking does, they beat a team of high coordinated players in a group of randoms. That shows a high amount of skill on their side. If 6 stack wins then it shows that their teamwork and coordination has bested the mess that is soloque, i.e. we have the higher skilled team here(btw, they choose to do soloque, so its entirely their fault it didn’t work out). 6-stack vs soloque isn’t always a free win, sometimes there are those games where 6 randoms just click an act as cordinated as a 6man would, that in and of itself is amazing. especially when the game endorses u to be selfish by sticking to your one trick, gold metals, and potgs.

soloque vs soloque is extremely less skilled then 6stack vs 6stack, an is basically(going by Jayne’s logic here) a free win or automatic loss based on matchmaking alone. 30% u will lose, 30% you will win, 40% u have to prove yourself. that 60% of games the matchmaking is deciding your SR, and 40% was an actually competitive game. U are way more likely to get leavers, toxic teammates, bad teammates, etc and I don’t actually put the full blame on them.

I blame bliz, the matchmaker, and the community. BLiz doesn’t make rules to actually stop this despite BEING THE FREAKING DEVELOPER WITH MULTIPLE EXAMPLES TO GO OFF OF(example:LOL). The matchmaker only works well if u one trick cuz it already has your mmr on that character, but it has no way of taking in human behavior. The community is…Well your games speak for themselves u know.

now back to solo v. solo, you roll the die and u have a high chance of getting auto win or auto loss. if u get 2 leavers on your team=auto loss. the enemy gets 3 one tricks dps that are getting countered by your team=auto win. There’s actually much less skill in solo v. solo when more than 60% of games is won by this alone. Now yes this can happen with 6man v. 6man, but difference here is that unlike solo v. solo here we actually owe something to our teammates.

If I join a group i would work to stay in said group and communicate cuz that gets me the higher chance of beating another 6man. In soloque I owe nothing to them, I don’t need to communicate cuz high chances are the other team isn’t communicating either(also most experience have been cancerous), and i’m endorsed to one trick and not switch for the good of the team. soloque is extremely low skilled an casual friendly, forget being a god widow or great tracer, simply hope that matchmaking decided to give enemies a thrower, or u were able to get the 40% of games where u actually have to try. Game pretty much devolved more into gambling for SR then actual skill.

The main issue with 6-stacks is the matchmaker doesn’t know if you are a well coordinated team or people playing together for the first time in LFG. I would love to use LFG as a pseudo role queue, but it isn’t worth the long wait times or the chance we will have to play against a well coorinated 6-stack.

A system where 6-stacks play against solos would encourage more people to use LFG and play as a team. However, the obvious downside is it would raise the barrier for entry to competitive, since people may feel that grouping up is necessary to win.

then we need a seperate mode so the casuals can have soloque and the real competitive players can actually play a competitive mode. also i agree with what u said there.

If anything they should have a separate comp mode where its only 6 stacks, but to purposefully place 6 stacks against solo players is just unfair.

1 Like

Its suppose to be, it’s comp. in a comp mode u should always play in the highest optimal form to win, which is 6stack. but soloque only gets paired with 2 stacks or soloque so they don’t have to try hard. Now if bliz actually made up there minds if they want a comp mode or not they will make a 6v6 only que and allow no more stacks in soloque. Then we have QP+ and a competitive mode respectively.

you contradicted yourself big time

and no, the game doesn’t punish 6 stacks, that’s how I got out of bronze and silver (but I always was of the higher sr out of the group, within 500 of each other)

1 Like

Spartem is right. US solo que players are punished repeatedly and lose more SR than we gain in pug systems. If this was supposed to be a System which we group with. Than it should be like World of Waracraft where we were required to register as a group and only then could we Que for the competitive mode. However it does not.

The problem with this game is. It PUNISHES solo que players so heavily that we will be knocked down quicker than group Que. To us, it is NOT fair because teams can coordinate an attack on a solo player because they know there is NOBODY there to support them.

Ultimately I have come to the conclusion that it wants me to find 5 other “friends” to play among in this game and I have news for the team here. NTY. It doesn’t work like it use to now. They have DRIVEN away the “friends base” mentality of this game when they decided to split the community up into a divide. :frowning:

Exactly? That was my entire point lol. No matter how you look at it, placing 6 stacks against solo players is completely unfair to the solo players.

I have said all along, 2-6 stacks should be able to play solo players…and do you know how you can fix this?
If you don’t want to solo go and find a 6 stack, it is your choice to solo.

I was gonna argue against your stance of “F, fair games it’s their fault for not Qing optimally in a 6 stack”.

But…

I agree. The game only plays good in a 6stack, and I cant stack with my friends because my SR is too high. The game says it wont be “Fair”. To who? My friends or the enemies? F the system. I want to play with my friends and I want to play to win.