All three primary supports should be viable

And that’s really what I like about it. I think the amount of sustain this game has is a bit ridiculous and is fun seeing a GOATs cheese falling apart because of it.

But still, there should be a better character to put Anti-Nade on than Ana, right? Well, it’s a little too late for that.

1 Like

As a support player, I feel like I’m at a massive disadvantage when I’m not playing Ana.

1 Like

Attempting to have the most accessible heroes just as powerful as the least accessible is sacrificing competitive integrity. You should never get more value from a hero that takes less work than another hero of the same class except in niche situations.

It’s OK for this game to have niche heroes, especially with the constantly evolving variety in maps. Attempting to get everyone viable at all times means balance will always dramatically shift, and you will never achieve a healthy medium.

1 Like

The support issue is sort of like the issue on immigration.

Ana mains and other hipsters are all happy now that a “skillful hero” is the best healer and the non skillful hero is full on garbage. Let’s face simple fact ana is a must pick and Mercy is probably in the worst state she has ever been in.

The real villains are not the ana and mercy mains. The real villain is blizzard who like our politicians on immigration simply kicked the tire down the road on the support situation since the games inception.

1 Like

LOOOOL OK guy/girl

1 Like

mercy and ana will never be meta at the same time, they compete for the same spot and the meta dictates who is better.
Either Mercy’s consistent heals are better than Ana’s utility and skill based healing output, or Ana is better than mercy due to higher skillcap.
Ana was trash for a long time because while healing more and having the powerful nade, mercy’s constant 60 hps and ability to fly and pocket everyone with next to no cooldown made her superior.
Add rez and the dive meta and ana simply wasn’t viable.
Now that dive is mostly dead, ana’s higher heal potential is more practical than mercy’s rez (which has become harder to pull off)

They are though? Mercy still works with widow/phara comps. Ana only works to those who can aim, which is generally the top 20% of the playerbase. And Moira is the low elo pub stomp hero.

not meta =/= not viable.

Not always. In the pro scene Ana competes with Zen and Mercy competes with Lucio. It’s just that switching one usually requires switching the other.

1 Like

I wish you had this “no support should be better than the others” mentality when Mercy had a 96% pickrate for over 6 months.

Skill is not a myth, it’s something people work for and should be given the appropriate amount respect.

The problem is generations of people being raised in a society with people telling them how unique they all are, how they can become anything they want (while forgetting to mention that they have to work for it), participation medals aka doesn’t matter that you suck, you tried.
And a load of other BS that results in entitlement, lazyness and a need for instant gratification which categorizes the millenials and the generations after that.

It’s not their fault, it’s bad parrenting.

2 Likes

But Mercy’s DPS is way better than Ana’s. If you stand at the top of the stairs, it is easy to spam headshots. Mercy is now a DPS, not a main support. New Torb is more of a support than Mercy.

I have been seeing the same problem in society. The World, especially the United States, is all about encouraging kids, but often when they do not actually achieve anything. Having lived and experienced the Australian school system, I see that this other Western country does not have the same problems. I watched my children play in the Australian National Junior Chess Championships and they placed 3rd and 7th and had a small, 6inch trophy. After moving to the United States, my son placed 7th for just Virginia State Middle Schools and received a trophy larger than him. In Australia, and most parts of the world, C is average. But children here in the United States have developed a mindset that anything under A is poor. A’s are meant to be reserved for those who work harder and rise above their peers, but in any given class, there are about 80% of students with A’s.

I am not supporting any of this, but I just want to point out that there were (idk if there still are, thats why this) many threads about Ana deserving to be the only, and the top spot of the healers, because she needs the most skill to be played well. (This is definetly not every ana main, maybe most of them werent even Ana mains, I just want to point out they existed.)

4 Likes

It mostly comes down to synergies. Assuming equal level of power (which does not exist at this moment), Mercy will be favoured when Snipers and Dive Tanks are favoured, by virtue of her mobility, resurrect and reliable healing. However, Ana will be favoured when the meta is slower and favours heroes which tend to cluster up, like Reinhardt and Zarya.

Which personally I don’t have a problem with. I don’t think Mercy should be considered a viable deathball healer and I don’t think Ana should be considered a viable Dive healer.

I think it’s a good thing that Ana is viable, as I personally prefer playing Ana over Mercy and Deathball over Dive, but that viability shouldn’t come at the expense of everyone else.

Like I said earlier in this thread, Ana doesn’t have to be overpowered to be viable. There’s a large middle ground between the two.

1 Like

and they are.
20char

I’m just gonna say…
People who claim Mercy is good really don’t play her.
There’s no point on playing Mercy when you have waaay better healers such as Moira and Ana. And her Res? It’s what ruined her kit because it was so strong in her E. And now, is not even worth to use, because if you Res someone, most likely another one will die.
Mercy should be reworked, IMO. Her state does not agree with character design, of ‘‘raw-healing’’, and she should heal a lot because she is the only sup whose abilities are fully dedicated to support the team. Plus, Valkyrie is not a good ultimate. I think is now my biggest concern, because right now the most value you can get with is by killing someone. Or just staying alive. Cause it doesn’t help on keeping the team alive.
If that means reverting Res as an ultimate with tweaks, do it. If that means removing Res entirely, okay then, although is a core element of her. If that means taking Res out of a cooldown and giving charges only during Valkyrie do it. But it has no place on cooldown.

4 Likes

right now we have 3 main healers:

• moira: huge heals and that’s it.
  • ana: huge heals and extremely powerful kit - but one of the hardest characters to play
  • mercy: a simple one-target healer that the entire forums is obsessed with

ana is the only high skill = high reward main healer in the game (right now) and that’s why she will continue to be a “must-pick” in higher elos (because mercy doesn’t put out the highest reward out of any healer anymore) because people can use her full potential.

moira is a fairly simple character to use that provides HUGE amounts of burst healing but that’s it. that makes her a really strong pick in lower ranks where ana players aren’t great with hitting their shots. (moira heals 80/hps through multiple targets while ana needs to aim every one of her 75hp bullets)

mercy is mmmm im not even touching this

ana is the “must-pick” in high ranks because her full potential is the best out of all other supports (because her full potential is the hardest to achieve).
moira is a good healer in lower ranks where anas are bad as moira’s spray is easier and stronger.

all the main healers have their own place and until they release another high skill = high reward main healer ana will continue to be dominant in high elos of play

You literally made a thread 4 days ago saying Ana and Zenyatta deserve to be meta because of their skill requirement.

Stop changing your narrative lol.

1 Like

shoots forgiving, fat tank hitbox as ana
ANA
throws antinade indiscriminately at a fight, antihealing three heroes and healboosting three heroes because it’s ridiculously easy to hit and its hitbox is ridiculous
NEEDS
presses Q and instantly heals a teammate up to full, making them nearly invincible due to the damage resistance. oh, and an enemy ana’s the only counter to this outside of ultimates. have fun!
SKILL!!!
shoots sleep dart into enemy lines, virtually guaranteed to hit someone amid all the spam. this stuns them for 6 seconds, but it’s okay because it takes skill
DUMB MOIRA AND MERCY MAINS!!!
dodges multiple shots due to having a hitbox that’s almost as small as tracer’s

1 Like

No one is disputing that it is a soft lock. I even said it in a previous post.