ALL experimental changes went to the live server

No one really complained because after the first week of 1/3/2 people by and large gave up on Experimental as a waste of time. It’s even less effective than the PTR at figuring out “Balance”. That something would straight to live from it, with no notice, is a sure sign they really don’t care any more.

1 Like

Seeing players critic buffs to their mains without bias makes me believe in this community, that we care about the health of the game.

Honestly at this point, I feel like they just balance and change things up just for the sake of it so no one gets bored because of the lack of content.

The devs never made me feel like they had a goal when balancing the game, except when they said they’d nerf cc… I believed them for a couple of weeks, but then they introduce Sigma…

2 Likes

Noone complained hard enough to stop them, this is what you get. To be fair, this patch is fine for most of the playerbase

1 Like

Don’t generalize

20 Character

Console diamond player here.

Pharah being OP is overblown. Yeah, she’s more annoying than she is on PC. But if you get a decent hitscan player, she’s done. Even with a mercy. If you get two hitscans she’s done.

2 Likes

Except if people do complain every one just calls them toxic and “entitled” and the “reason the dev’s don’t listen any more”. You really can’t have it both ways. We have felt our voices are ignored and stopped bothering. Why shout at a wall?

1 Like

Get to high masters and gm, you will only see Pharah Mercy

I got to Masters at one point (Seasons 6-8). It was the same way.

I don’t know why anyone thought this stuff would be highly unlikely to go through. Having said that, a change appearing on Experimental isn’t a foregone conclusion. There was a lot of noise from the BOB sleep immunity change, and that got nixed.

I’m sympathetic to the idea that some of this stuff should have been pushed to PC only, since there’s already platform-dependant balnace anyway, like with Sym turrets.

1 Like

Echo Ult GOATs.

They make sense so it’s not that surprising they went to live. I just said it’s not a guarantee.

Well the reason why I have an issue is because of how much damage she can put out now.

She has 15 shots, and can deal 600-300 damage with hipfire, in one clip she could kill 4 250 hp heroes, hitting maybe 50% of her shots, and get the kills. That’s with all bodyshots mind you, she’d still have to land at least one headshot on one of them, but you see what I mean. Her long reload is not exactly that punishing anymore, and I suppose for some that’s fine but it’s basically encouraging spam and bad habits.

As for the other heroes I really don’t think Blizzard understands their own game at this point. Release Sigma would have been balanced with his Ult being cancellable if he died, and the barrier only blocking damage when it’s placed. I think they want to make a lot of heroes too accessible, which leads to them being insanely strong in the hands of people who understand the game and how it works.

3 Likes

It doesn’t take much sense to understand that aiming with a controller at a flying object is harder than MKB, and Pharmercy with her buffs can just spam you down now like never before because she got her splash reverted and her fire rate unchanged.

1 Like

Where is this coming from?

I’m sick and tired of this “pharah CRAPS on console players” No, she doesnt…

1 Like

:crab: GOATs is back :crab:

1 Like

Nothing really hurts me the most than encouraging spam play. I couldn’t have worded the buffs better myself honestly… the devs always said she had to have something to make her more challenging and that was her reload management. And as you said, it doesn’t need as much management now if at all, and add a Mercy pocket to her and oh boy …

I’m not saying its not harder, I’m just saying she’s not as oppressive on consoles as some people think she is.

Does she and Mercy dunk on low ranks and teams that don’t have good hitscan players? Yeah, but is this any different than PC?

She dunks on Masters and top 500s on console, when do you ever see a Gm Pharah on PC unless their name is valkia?

Quit your doomsaying. The point of experimental is literally what everyone wanted them to do with the PTR; try new things and see what happenes.

6 Likes

Players weren’t saying that a couple of days ago, they thought it was just for fun and not serious… if it was really a mode to “test these changes” shouldn’t they have at least considered some of the discussions made here or even COMMUNICATED? …