ALL experimental changes went to the live server

Like i said, what were the changes. I really don’t keep up with all that stuff. Last I heard only real changes was decreasing Mei’s ammo and giving Ashe more.

What happend to Rein or Phara? But yeah in general the balance changes are all garbage these days.

that explains why genji was feeling more annoying than usual

still clapped him using moira tho

2 Likes
1 Like

Thanks for saving me the trouble… I’ve seen so many posts addressing these changes and to think they haven’t adjusted ANYTHING makes me feel like I wasted so many hours in these forums the last couple of days.

So depressing, but I love this game too much

OVERWATCH RETAIL PATCH NOTES – APRIL 6, 2020

A new patch is now live on Windows PC, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Read below to learn more about the latest changes.

To share your feedback, please post in the General Discussion forum
For a list of known issues, visit our Bug Report forum.
For troubleshooting assistance, visit our Technical Support forum.

HERO UPDATES

Ashe

The Viper

• Magazine size increased from 12 to 15
  • Shots no longer queue up the next shot if pressed slightly before recovery has finished
  • Unscoped shots to reach maximum spread increased from 4 to 6
  • Unscoped shots can now be fired much more quickly after firing a scoped shot
  • You can now start reloading much more quickly after firing a scoped shot

Genji

Shuriken (Secondary Fire)

• Recovery lowered from 0.75 to 0.65 seconds

Mei

Endothermic Blaster

• Maximum ammo reduced from 200 to 120

Endothermic Blaster (Secondary Fire)

• Ammo cost reduced from 20 to 10

Pharah

Rocket Launcher

• Explosion damage increased from 65 to 80
  • Impact damage decreased from 55 to 40

Reinhardt

General

• Steadfast passive knockback resistance reduced from 50% to 30%

BUG FIXES

Heroes

Ashe

• Fixed a bug that caused Ashe’s unscoped fire to become unusable
  • Fixed a bug that caused Ashe’s weapon to appear incorrectly in the Kill Feed
1 Like

Heh, if you think it’s bad, I’m stuck with the burden of coming up with ideas to fix the game :stuck_out_tongue:

Mei banned in Overwatch league - #27 by GreyFalcon-11737

1 Like

These ones are all wholesome.

1 Like

It’s annoying because if you check the leaderboards on both EU & NA on console, you’ll see Ashe is incredibly dominant with Pharah, sometimes dominating full pages, and now they buff them like this… I’ve never felt so neglected

Meh the genji and PHara changes are bad, but they all are. Mei’s change is a joke.

Well, they did just have a week where Ashe was the only hitscan, and Pharah dominated

They said most of the little changes like this would be a mini PTR for console. The 1/3/2 was a big actual “experimental”

none of this is a surprise

So these changes went to the live server because they were fairly simple changes that no one really complained about. There was nothing that was needed to be fixed or removed. 2 of these are actually just straight reverts.

7 Likes

That doesn’t explain why this has been the case for months, not just this week

1 Like

Not fond of the Ashe clip size increase, 15 shots is nuts. That’s enough to kill 5 Damage/Support with bodyshots alone, enough to kill a whole team of damage and supports twice over.

1 Like

Well, if it’s any consolation, they could alter the gameplay balance on consoles independantly now from PC.

I was telling a lot of players this, and no one believed me when I said most of these changes will go through…

2 Likes

:crab: Goats is dead :crab:

2 Likes

No one really complained because after the first week of 1/3/2 people by and large gave up on Experimental as a waste of time. It’s even less effective than the PTR at figuring out “Balance”. That something would straight to live from it, with no notice, is a sure sign they really don’t care any more.

1 Like

Seeing players critic buffs to their mains without bias makes me believe in this community, that we care about the health of the game.

Honestly at this point, I feel like they just balance and change things up just for the sake of it so no one gets bored because of the lack of content.

The devs never made me feel like they had a goal when balancing the game, except when they said they’d nerf cc… I believed them for a couple of weeks, but then they introduce Sigma…

2 Likes

Noone complained hard enough to stop them, this is what you get. To be fair, this patch is fine for most of the playerbase

1 Like