ALERT: World of Warcraft Shadowlands now launched - LOGIN ISSUES REPORTED BY BLIZZARD CS!

ALERT! Log in issues reportred by Blizzard CS!

As expected with the launch of Shadowlands, there are reports of being unable to log into Blizzard’s authentication servers. This can affect logging into any Blizzard Game including Overwatch and World of Warcraft. Please continue to be patient and if you successfully log into Overwatch, I recommend avoiding any Competitive Play modes as it may be difficult to log back in if you are disconnected for any reason.

Original Post below

Greetings everyone, World of Warcraft’s latest expansion, Shadowlands, launches today and it is reported to be one of the highest pre-paid expansions sold for World of Warcraft to date. It is highly expected many players will be logging into Blizzard Battle.net to take on the latest adventure in the mysterious new realms. But as one of the Overwatch MVP’s I am simply here to remind you of a few technical notes that affect our community here.

LONG LOG-IN QUEUE TIMES ARE EXPECTED AT LAUNCH TIME

The launch for the latest expansion will take place 3:00 PM Pacific Standard Time / 6:00 PM Eastern Standard Time. I highly expect millions of players to be logging in at once and this will very likely cause queues for the authentication servers. This means attempting to log on to the Blizzard Launcher and possibly Overwatch may take an extended amount of time!

Click here to see Shadowlands Launch Times for your region

Shadowlands Global Release Map

Americas (PST) Europe (CET) Taiwan (CST) Korea (KST) ANZ (AEDT) UTC
3:00p.m. November 23* 12:00a.m. November 24 7:00a.m. November 24 8:00a.m. November 24 10:00a.m. November 24 11:00 p.m. November 23

*To align with other regions, the Americas will launch slightly ahead of November 24 in local time.

If you already logged into Overwatch at the time Shadowlands goes live, you should technically be fine to keep playing. However, I personally recommend avoiding any Competitive Play modes during the high-queue times for log-ins. The reason why I say this is because in the event you should accidentally disconnect, it will very likely take several minutes to log in and get back into the game. As always any disconnections that results in leaving a Competitive match will be penalized appropriately (click here for details)..

BLIZZARD CUSTOMER SUPPORT WILL LIKELY BE VERY BUSY

Blizzard Customer Support will likely be very busy with handling the Shadowlands launch for many players, so any web tickets may take a very long time to get a response. As always, the technical support forum here on the Overwatch Forums is available and MVPs such as myself will keep a lookout when possible to help out as always.

That’s it, everyone. Thanks for hearing out my little P.S.A. but I want to make sure all of you are ready for Shadowlands regardless if you are a World of Warcraft player or just simply an Overwatch player. Have fun either way, and have a safe holiday week!

15 Likes

Ok, I‘ll get the pasta ready during those estimated 437 minutes.

6 Likes

Yeah, it was like the best clean image I could find of that specific dialog box.

You should try my meatballs!

4 Likes

Pasta with meatballs?
Mmmm, delicious!

2 Likes

You can watch a few movies during that time haha.

2 Likes

Kinda surprised considering the drama surrounding it. Though I guess it always goes away quickly.

2 Likes

I’ll be playing WoW and only WoW for the next 1 - 2 months. Super excited for tonight
(it launches at 11PM for me)

I think a good long break from OW will be nice for me anyways. I feel pretty burnt out from playing OW all the time lol

As long as the Shadowlands launch doesn’t go as bad as Warlords of Draenor launch everything should be relatively fine.
During the Warlords launch you had to queue for many, many hours. It was so chaotic.

1 Like

Man I remember when my days revolves around my chores on Azeroth…well how can I forget really…it was 12+ years of my life…Sadly I haven’t played since the tail end of Legion…how go things?

2 Likes

I think I wait next month to resub, it will got a lot of bugs that wasn’t fixed in Beta.

Well BFA certainly wasn’t better than Legion, but It was… okay I guess.

I have high hopes for Shadowlands. I was lucky enough to be invited into in the final stages of beta testing for the expansion. The questing is the best it’s ever been, the end game content is quite fun from what I’ve experienced.

I guess we’ll find out for sure a month after launch the if end game content will be enough for us until patch 9.1

The launch for EU is at midnight so I doubt we’ll have too many problems, hopefully.

Got 12 characters at lvl 50 ready to go, still unsure about who to main tho.

Never underestimate the amount of people from EU who are willing to deprives themselves from sleep for WoW :smiley:

I personally will be playing until 6AM at least.

And there was that early bug which stopped everyone from being able to progress through the (mandatory) initial questline where you set up your own camp, IIRC. Eek.

1 Like

Oh man looking back at that it was pretty hilarious… but when it was actually happening everyone was so angry/frustrated lmao

At least they gave us 3 days of game time for free when the chaos ended.

1 Like

So much drama when they delay, because they put 1 holiday week just for playing, I will never understand that lmao.

Ah, and I was wondering da heck is going on. Thought its something about CoD lol

Both of these expansions were cesspools

1 Like

I don’t remember exactly at what time BfA launched but it was pretty smooth for me, just a lot of people trying to tag mobs, it’s gonna be a genocide :rofl:

I’m so excited :partying_face: Love a good wow launch.

Being present during a WoW launch certainly is something any WoW player should experience. Seeing hundreds of people in one area is so cool & laggy :slight_smile:

2 Likes