ALERT: Network Issues Persistant (9/8/2019) due to a new DDoS attack

i wonder if the ddoss has anything to do with blizzard making the wrong changes every patch, making the game worse and worse, buffing heros that require 0 brainpower/mechanics/aim/teamwork and having half the heros in the game
now being “trollpicks” bring back early seasons of the game.

1 Like

Just seen this vut in a game rn. Wish me luck no dc guis!

No.

Blizzard’s design changes have nothing whatsoever with some random neckbeard’s choice to break laws and ruin the fun for literally millions of people who had nothing to do with said design changes.

This is all about one little sad dude who has no regard for anyone but himself.

2 Likes

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/69639938_2339189082794775_823148774544113664_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_oc=AQkrLsKVVYcaWG-7wWO3HqOLvLXJNWPNGf9tWfCQa-ld8DEYNu72-QLN_qSupl39Y4c&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=b8efa2fa11382c88316f6bbf52ff7162&oe=5DF794D6

Do you see a red bar?

I don’t

1 Like

Its in the global alert strip at the bottom.

Try closing BattleNet completely (find the BattleNet icon in your Windows System Tray, right click and select Exit) then relaunch to refresh.

No if there is any political motive, it has to do with WoW Classic but that is a debate I will avoid stepping into.

Given other games and platforms were targeted, no.
People really need to stop trying to project their opinions of the game onto what is just one (or a group) of sad lonely people trying to feel important.

1 Like

Yeah still going on, had something like 3 matches in a row get canceled because some one left within the first 10 seconds. Sure it affects competitive the most but I also feel sorry for DPS trying to que up even in quick play. 6-10 minute wait for the match to get canceled…

Blizzard seriously needs to do more than just put out a warning most people can’t see. It should be the freaking home screen picture lol.

2 Likes

You expect far, far too much from Blizzard… no one wants to broadcast the fact they are under attack and lack the tools to stop it…

With all due respect I already posted a screenshot above of my bnet launcher with no red bar present.

Still no red bar. Wether this is simply an issue outside the EU I don’t know but I’m getting no red messages. Just the notification about maintenence on thusday.

Possibly, there have been no alerts for @BlizzardCSEU_EN today. Understand that this is the North American forums so any updates of this nature will primarily be focused for this specific region (especially when I am sharing them).

I didn’t comment as a means of disrespect to you. I was merely making a comment that I didn’t have it on my launcher.

I assumed both US and EU use the same Bnet launcher so I thought everyone must have got the message.

Obviously I’m wrong.

Either way I am now aware of the issues blizzard are having and will avoid comp for now until the matter is resolved.

True admiting failure is a bad thing, but being able to blame hackers is better than your game just look like it’s on rubbish servers with constant disconnects. Disconnects that cost you 50 sr and waiting 10 minutes to get into a match that Blizzard has always refused to refund.

It’s kind of sad that they don’t put out the warnings better or actually shut down Comp in face of the attack. Instead they just let dozens or hundreds of people get super frustrated at the game and simply think the servers are garbage.

The launcher is in terms of software the same, however any information displayed will be based on the region you have your account assigned to. While each player can play in any of open regions, they are still assigned to one of those region when they make their account (based on the country listed in their Blizzard account). So yeah, since this alert only has gone out to the Americas, only accounts assigned to the Americas will see this specific message.

There is no offense. And really, I just share the tweets from Blizzard to make sure players are aware there is a risk of going into Competitive. You might play several games of quick play and if it is good, jump into Comp. Its all up to you really. I just feel for players who get penalized for things like a DDoS attack and while I believe the penalty is fair, will make every effort to prevent players from getting penalized if I can.

Right now things have been quiet for Overwatch, so I have a feeling if this attack is still persistent it’s more focused on WoW and WoW classic.

1 Like

Hope tech support can change the ips in time. Thanks for the heads up!

:cookie:

Was debating if i should make another thread but the saw this one, it should be in the top.

Its not convenient to get threads pinned. Besides this issue should not last too long (like mostly will recover sometime today).

It keeps happening though, it happened yesterday too, someone needs to put an end to these ddos attacks, whoever is doing them is a meanie :frowning:

Got a follow up post from Blizzard CS:

So… It is still happening? My internet is supposedly fixed, I want to test Overwatch, but not if it is having server issues.