Aimbotting is out of hand again

ugh. those pesky torbjorns with their aimbot

2 Likes

yeah thatā€™s basically what I said im glad there are others that have a understanding of that to look for
Click Here

1 Like

Most aim assist or aim bots tend to snap to the same location relative to the health bar on heroes. If you notice that you keep getting killed by one player shooting you exactly in the center of your neck with very fast flick motions itā€™s a good indication. Some are more sophisticated than that and will vary where they lock to, but most just go straight for a set point. Another thing you donā€™t see hackers do is follow through on their shot. It will also tend to be a bit jittery after the shot instead of a click through a smooth motion.

Aim bots have been around about as long as first person shooters and they are very adaptable to any game of the same style. Being that there are heroes with hitscan, favor the shooter, and lag compensation so what you click is what actually gets hit; there are plenty of opportunities for an aim bot to function well.

3 Likes

Seriously.

I was just playing against someone, who had 51 kills as Hanzo (not insane, but, looking at the replayā€¦), it was just 1-2-3-4-5-6 whole team wiped, and consistently.

Then, next game, Iā€™m paired WITH him, he goes Tracer, gets MVP again, and 1-2-4-5-6 wipes out the entire other team. Even our teammates were like ā€œ???ā€

I wish there was a way to show replays, EX: HoTS, because youā€™d see, but it was this guy - my screencap on Imgur: imgur dot com/a/9ylJF4C

Im masters and i havenā€™t seen a single aimbotter lol

Iā€™ve seen about 5 aimbotting Torbs since June. Theyā€™re nightmares. Basically have TWO guns that track targets.

ā€œI havenā€™t seen it must not be a problemā€

2 Likes

You know, this is funny. Because Overwatch is the only game Iā€™ve seen where aimbotting still doesnā€™t matter because you can still loseā€¦

I mean it isnā€™t when I play the game alot

It depends on what kind of aimbot theyā€™re using.
Thereā€™s many different types and each can be worse or better than others.

Which aimbot is the bad aimbot?

Maybe heā€™s a smurf?
My record this season is 73 kills @ 20k damage with like 3 deaths when I was high silver

Usually itā€™s the ones that detect enemies by colour. Because they can be easily confused by turrets, energy beams/drains, walls/barriers and the map itself. Itā€™s not gonna help whoever uses it very well if theyā€™re fighting a Pharmercy, for example, and the aimbot keeps locking onto the healing stream rather than the two possible intended targets. Itā€™s even worse on red-tinged maps: Junkertown, Oasis, Route 66 and Anubis.

Then thereā€™s the ones that use players models to lock onto targets. Some of the ones Iā€™ve seen lock onto dead bodies as well as allies. Not really a good thing when youā€™re being smacked in the face by a Rein and youā€™re focusing on the dead ally Tracer away off in the corner through three walls, though Iā€™ve seen healers like Moira and Ana really take advantage of them.