After the issue with connection to the Blizzard I was banned

Hi,
last time I experience issue with connection (to the Blizzard servers).
I understand, I’s happens, but why do you ban me for 2h? This is not my fault or my internet issue (all connections are up and I can open different sites) but I see that Blizzard application just can’t connect and when this happens during the game I become banned. I don’t go out intentionally, only on connection issue (and this is only last time). I don’t want to have history with leaving. And be regularly banned. Please do something.
Thanks.

1 Like

You’re so right, this is screwed up, If your computer restarts, you get disconnected or have any other connection issues. They treat you the same, you should be able to appeal season bands. To forfeit rewards and such, is too extreme. Almost makes me rethink playing this game entirely. The things they make you do, Blizzard Classic games like WarCraft III and this new Blizzard system is still… frustrating… I’d like to just be able to surrender sometimes and not play a losing cause…

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

Funny thing is i got back into the game and finished it out… still treated me this way… Makes me rethink playing this game in comparative entirely.

The rules are if you can return within two minutes, you are not penalized, but if take longer than two, the penalty stands regardless of the match outcome.

They should have and appeal process to help players who unfairly got treated this way. ok didn’t know that…

So if your computer restarts…, crashes or whatever your screwed? or disconnects?

Sorry but when it comes to disconnections and game crashes, you still harm your teammates chances of winning, and the overall match quality. These penalties are designed to get you stop if the problems are frequent and troubleshoot the issue before you attempt again.

Ok, i’m not sure who you are. I hear you. Thanks for the info, I hope this is helpful to someone.

I am WyomingMyst. Just a player like you but I am also a forum MVPtake the time to help other players in Overwatch with problems they have. I frequent the technical support forum the most, but often jump over here to check every now and then for technical support issues that are not necessarily game bugs. Cheers!