After pulling off 53 hacks

I will say that the 2 second interruption nerf is going to kill Sombra. She doesn’t have the fire power to be an all out killer NOR should she imo. However, in the thick of a fight or just when a team is bunch up its for sure that her hack is going to be interrupted. With teammates walking back and forth near each other its an interrupted hack.

If you spend the time leaving your team 5v6 just to take a shield down then you have to start all over because of the 2 second penalty for someone crossing your line of site then it will be pointless to play her.

Its clear for whatever reason the pros don’t want her in the game. She is a great character that finally acts a genji, tracer and pharah counter. Which on console means the world.

Blizzard please don’t do this. I stopped playing her because she added little value now with the new update she is finally playable. Now you want to take this away.

16 Likes

So under these 53 Hacks, how many of them where you were under fire from the enemy? Because that is the only thing that this CD is affecting

20 Likes

Didn’t hear of this 2 second blockout.
Personally that sounds dumb, i like the idea of a blockout because of her hack time being so low, but 2 seconds seems almost as chalking up her on the useless chart. They changed her imo because she was already pretty bad in the competitive scene because of how hard she was to get good at and play with (had to know which Hp packs to use, good comms, etc.) Blocking her out for 2 seconds would be terrible for her, more or less, lower to 0.5, maybe 1 second?

2 Likes

its gonna make a now decent hero worse

13 Likes

What’s the difference between a tracer or genji making it a 5v6 and a sombra? They all have ways to do alot of damage and disrupt the backline.

1 Like

Ive made a post about a compensation for this issue

Check it out and bump it if you can
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/compensation-buff-for-sombra/34002?u=magythemage-1534

1 Like

Exactly, became viable and is gonna drop right down to Torb and Sym’s level of throwing if picked. (Not saying they throw if picked obviously, just that they’re not nearly as viable as every single other character.)
Thank you for the Blizzard update too.

2 Likes

The worst part is my winrate with sombra is near the bottom of any character I use. Lots of time the team doesn’t capitalize on the hacks, they react too slowly to the situation. Even when calling out the hacks, I don’t call out backline hacks because I am the only one that can do anything.

It’s just she doesn’t compare with the killing power of tracer no should she IMO. Maybe they need to change the hacked animation because clearly it should be a “shoot this character” identifier like discord.

2 Likes

Genji and Tracer have the utility and super high damage to survive in the backlines or join the teamfight. When they aren’t with the team it’s still very much a 6v6 providing they’re applying good pressure. Sombra is very vulnerable while flanking all she can do is run away when agro turns to her, no deflect or constant blinking or rewind. This wasn’t a problem when you get ult charge from healing yourself after doing a bit of poking but now she’s much better off with the team most of the time.

5 Likes

After doing 91 hacks in a game that we still lost.
I can tell you this will kill Sombra.
My winrate with Sombra only 41%

Maybe she is OP at the Pro and GM level… but her pickrate is only 1.79% between Junkrat and Doomfist pickrates… Very OP indeed.

IT should be higher by now if her hack is really that OP…

I think the Pros have Overreacted this time.

4 Likes

Her hack is going to have multiple los so small blocks don’t entirely negate it meaning things like posts or possibly another hero model we’ll have to see won’t cancel it. As well the cooldown is only on damage so broken los won’t give it the cooldown. If your behind the enemy you should be fine, trying to hack from the side or in front then yeah might not work but flanking should be fine .5 seconds to notice a hack swing around snap onto her and hit her with something not entirely easy as well possibly being focused the entire time.

“Since she doesn’t get ult from Health packs anymore you should be with your team.”

“You’ll be hacking them from behind so the cooldown won’t be a problem.”

Do you people even logic?

Anyway I’m still dumbfounded how they came up with such an idea as that 2s cooldown. It’s so bad it borders on intentional malice.

1 Like

I don’t see how this is a problem. If it gets interrupted, normal new sombras will keep holding down hack and constantly get her hack interrupted, causing them to die. This makes them understand that if your hack is interrupted, you should attack instead of keep trying to hack.

Are you one of the devs? Because you sure are trying hard to compete with their level of reasoning.

Standard practice for a Sombra, something i didn’t even know i was doing until i heard someone describe it:

-If your hack gets interrupted, it might be trash damage, try again

-If your hack gets interrupted a second time, it’s not trash damage, you’re being focused on, don’t go for a third

You won’t find this in most Sombra hints and tips pages or videos, trash damage is something Sombras have to deal with regularly, and it’s just something regular Sombras develop independently.

2 Likes

Sombra is one of the most team dependent characters at most times and requires a lot of coordination, which is why at lower ranks she either dominates or sucks booty. I think changing the identifier could help a bit, maybe something they need to look at.

Sombra’s kit makes her near usless in pubs, regardless of the hack cooldown. In an uncoordinated situation, where noone takes advantage of her or her utility, she has no use.

1 Like

Lol at this nerf

Blizz buff her from uselessness and take away her health pack ult gen

Then the pros complain and Blizz jumps to their command (as they did with mercy complaints from them.) Now they’re F tiering Sombra again with no recompsense to make up for the big adjustment.

+Bonus points: another 2 second / just under 2 second nerf. First Mercy gets a near 2 second nerf (stand still for just under 2 seconds) now Sombra gets her own variation. I see a trend.

2 Likes

Have any of you actually played against the current version of Sombra? There’s zero fun to be had in a game against her.

Then let her die in peace. Unfunny heroes like her (looking at you Mei) should stay far away from meta.