• Added sound effects to portals and flick bots
  • Repositioned some portals
  • Improved the lucio bots extreme mode
  • Added a jump pad
  • Adjusted the spawn position so that text will not touch when spawning
  • Stability improvements

CODE: CX86R

3 Likes

no no no no man, its all wrong >:( you do not understand the art of the jumppads!
The correct way would be taking the block going out of spawn for attack A, make a loop of jumppads that throws the player around the block, but once we get in we cant get out of it, while constantly spawning the text in the most passive agressive manner possible: “ARE YOU HAPPY NOW KUNOMORI???!!!
hahahahhashah

[… is it … … is it easily doable tho? a-asking for a friend. . . :eyes: (sweats)]

Tks for the answers! I dont seem to be able to do the tracer 180 tho… You can see my very competent tracer here [kabaji who? sounds like a wimp]

Maybe make the timer slightly longer? Although i guess this says more about my competence as tracer than how you configured the mode, so, meh… I really wanted to properly test this in the live server to avoid the high ping :expressionless:

Ok, very serious and ESSENTIAL feedbacks:
My jump-pad course in the attack spawn A;
Give ana wheelies, granny g2g fast! https://media3.giphy.com/media/Vz1D8bSUkiZqg/giphy.gif
Make ana create jump pads with the interact button!
Give ana wallclimb! [and torb!!]
Give ana a sleep dart that puts her own team to sleep that automatically homes at teammate genji!
More jump pads!
Make ana shots go throught walls!!!
Make sombra’s boop sound play when we walk into the hacker corner! This one is of utmost importance!!
Have i mentioned jump pads yet???

Its literally umplayable as is, 0/10, i want a refund. >:(

1 Like

aight, jokes aside…

I was laughing a lot at zenny sound; him floating + magic spark sound = magic zenny haha. Personally i found it quite interesting! Also i love all the audio feedbacks~ What did you think?
Also, should you get excited about going crazy with sounds, imagine a world where everything interactive there made a sound =D [this is not even a suggestion, just a silly thought heh]

The lobby, yup! Your solution was very good, the position the player spawns makes all text separated, smart move!
What did you think of my suggestions for the lobby btw? Not ‘guilt tripping’ you or some bs like that, im here just tossing ideas to see if any are useful, so i’m actually just curious~ °3°
[which btw, i’ve been running my mouth left and right. srsly, if you do not want this kind of feedback, by all means let me know, i would hate to be stepping on your toes]

The new update on extreme mode! Praise the jump pad haha [cof] And praise full health at the end~ But yeah, losing hp/sec surely adds that last extra spice!

adressing some of your comments now;
God mode; hm… unless the regen ammo thing is like, super complex and too roundabout to implement, i think it would be worth implementing! Regen ammo is pretty much as good as inf ammo anyway [shrugs] Also if not too much work, making abilities not having cd as part of that package would be cool, although again, if its too much work, eh . . . I was already editing ana’s sleep dart through the vanilla custom-game-settings, so its whatever really.

The lucio scoreboard, i dont think its particularly a problem as is now, but it would surely be cool to track in real time aswell the points for extreme.
Is it possible to do it more organized? Maybe the score for X practice just appears when you’re actually within range of said X practice? [tossing ideas]

The hp order thing in the extreme mode, if its the opposite of what i thought, do you know why the hitscans cant go over 150hp then? I dont think this is particularly a problem since eh, extreme mode gonna be extreme [shrugs], but i’m actually curious². Although regardless the order, i guess one way or another the player either would not have acess to their fisrt 50hp or the last 50hp.
And yeah, dont sweat it, its more than understandable making it hitscan focused, its already really good! Also not being able to disable meelee, i stand by my opinion that we should aswell be responsible for how we use the tools. If the person ‘cheats’ at it just for score, even though there isnt even an online highscore…

And about the extra points/hp for headshot; i /think/ its not that bad as its WAY riskier going for headshots. My accuracy with mccree for instance is around 50%; sure, not the best, but not the worst, and sometimes i struggle to hit even bodyshots, let alone headshots. Nonetheless, the values i mentioned are not the important part, but the bonus~ Also i forgot, having a little bonus for killing the lucios would be cool aswell, since most of the times is actually harder to keep track of that one lucio you already shot, not to mention its a good practice for live games imo [switch too much between targets and no wonder that pharmercy never dies…]

And ana dodge, ok, ic. I also played a bit more of time and yeah, just my impression, tks for clarifying!

Anyways.
Srsly, no problem if there are stuff a bit too hard or that you simply dont want to do, i’m just tossing ideas mostly. The only things i actively thought would be worth dealing with was the spawn, ana juggle tp, extreme hp recovery when game over and the ‘fly mode’. Fly mode aside, you already dealt with everything so, eh.

I did have a different idea to solve the height ‘suggestion’. From what i could tell, you made so the old big red dome had colision, right? Is it possible to add colision in anything you want? Because if it is, maybe you could create something like high in the air platforms made out of particles? And to get up to them, you ask??? :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: YOU KNOW WHAT I’M ABOUT TO SUGGEST, RIGHT??? =D I’ll give you a tip, starts with ‘not enough’ and ends with ‘jump pad’ hahahaha

in all seriousness, an alternative for highground would be an awesome addition if not too troublesome to implement.
And although i really do like jump pads, it wasnt my intention to made a juggle lucio, just a bit more of randomness to their movements, so in the end i think the sole jump pad was the right call instead of 2 like i suggested and personally i liked how it turned out! I hope you too!

[and even in yet more seriousness, my jumppads loops in attack spawn A when? :eyes::eyes::eyes: hahaha]

Anyways, cheers man~ I’m eager to see with what you cook next~

1 Like

Hey, do you know that i can actually do all of that? [Evil Laugh] :clown_face:

Maybe an update will come out with these features, maybe not…

Still, as usual i’ll break down your quite long post, since i already love the format and the editing you did! :cinema:

As much as i’d like to give ammo regen a try, there is no command that gives you back your ammos, so the only way to do this would be to swap back and forth your hero so that when you get on the new hero you would get more ammos and hp etc etc, but there is a system in place for the effective ranges that as soon as you change hero, resets your statistics for kills, ult manage, etc etc.

Sounds doable but a bit complex, as to do it i’d have to store the variables for the various hud texts and delete/create them dinamycally based upon the distance between the player and the center of the mode you are training in, so not impossible, but not easy either…

I’m gonna look into it as that might very well be a bug due to me not timing correctly when to deal damage and when to heal…

The thing is that with weapons that have shotgun like spread, getting a critical is way easyer and might be a bit of an op way of regening the health, but since i can easyly test for criticals after the new update, there is not really any other reason outside of balance to not implement that, after all i guess i could just make it so that instead of giving you 75HP back, it gives you back 100 or something similar

Plus the bonus for killing lucios? yeah, might be a good idea, i think i’ll implement that.

i’ll describe how i would do the fly mode and you can tell me if it seems doable to you

If jump is pressed and a variable is set to 1 -> //dynamic elevation
Apply impulse( player(event player), up, xx)
Wait 0.016
Loop if condition is true

If variable is set to 1-> //floating mechanic
//maybe set gravity to 10% here
Apply impulse( player(event player), up, yy)
Wait 0.016
//and set it back to 100% here (when exiting the loop)

If shift is pressed and a variable is set to 1 -> //dynamic descending
Apply impulse( player(event player), down, xx)
Wait 0.016

For what regards the other highgrounds however, i’d rather do flight than that…

-I’ll think about the jump pads ahahahaha

Cheers,
HeroCod :file_folder:

1 Like

Oh, you want even bigger text messages?? please, youll make me blush! ill send you my 5000 chapter novel later =D haha

Glad you enjoyed my editing~ I had a lot of fun with the hack corner part of the video :skull:
My turn to give something back i guess, but when this is done i was thinking about making a proper features showcase video for this mod. The aperture initiative one is glorious and i’d very gadly do something like that (aperture→ https://twitter.com/andygmb1/status/1124174087784419329 )
That is of course if you agree and want to. I was thinking aswell about sending it to YourOverwatch and/or OverwatchCentral so they could feature this mod; i think a LOT of ppl will enjoy it if they actually see its contents.

————————————————————————————

from what youre telling me, godmode is simply a no go. Oh well, its sad but whatever. We can always simply set inf ammo ourselves in the settings as i’ve been doing already with ana darts. [shrugs]

About how hp works in extreme;
From the way you did that mechanic makes me guess that, although the game keep track of our accuracy, they do that by tracking how many shots we fired [divided by] how many hits we got… which would mean, there is no actual ‘miss’ variable stored we can use? If so, there’s no direct way to make something as simple as:

on event trigger // shoot
if (hit) = true then,
heal 25;
else,
dmg 50;

Maybe an option would be adding a little timer? I dont know how to write in ow structure, but the logic would be like

on event trigger //shot
wait [X time]
check: if variableHit = true
heal 25
else:
dmg 50

↑ the key would be the ‘variableHit’. If we use just the raw ‘hit’ info the game stores, since its just a split second (i think? idk tbh), chances are it will always be false when that check happens. So it would require something like:

on event trigger // hit
set (variableHit) = true
wait [X time]
set (variableHit) = false

This way we would store ourselves a hit state usable for that purpose.

If this is even doable to begin with and actually worth (which from the amount of work and problems you described im not convinced it is… youre the one who can tell that), i can see how it could become a problem for the machine gun types. Which btw, yeah, reaper would be way too easy to use bcs of his shotgun, but so is ana. Like, lets be honest, just like the zenny practice is a glove fit for tracer, this one is for mccree/ashe/widow, the most ‘pure aim’ heroes, so might aswell put a disclaimer in your forum description saying that it will only work properly for them. Maybe even add their icons over extreme mode? Be as it may, using other heroes would be at our own risk.

And as far as i can understand, your fly idea is: (ill use random values for example sake)
every few seconds, if fly = on and jump = pressed: move 20 unities up every X seconds [loop]
(so basically, we would be ‘hopping’ going up bit by bit)

set gravity to .1, and if fly = on and jump ≠ pressed; move up 0.1unities (or whatever value it would be to perfectly counter act the gravity) every X seconds [loop]

Same logic for going down, but in reverse.
I do not understand the inner works of the workshop to know its limitations, but if i understood correctly the logic, i think its mostly working.
Theres a few buts however;
As is, as long as the fly mode is on, we would be constantly hopping (every 0,016 seconds to be precise). The question is: 0.016 is VERY fast, but is it fast enough so we do not perceive the ‘hops’? Because if we do, it’d be as good as a shaking camera and be terribly counter productive.
And on the other hand, maybe TOO fast that it overworks the server like you mentioned and lag/crash?
Which would mean we would need to find a sweet spot for how much we ‘hop’, and the interval in which this happens, but such sweet spot might simply not exist…
And in another note, how would this look like while on the ground? because while in the air, we are constantly dropping, so the compensation makes us stay [in theory] at a vector 0, but on the ground we are not going down… So even if in air the hops were not perceptible, in the ground they most definitively would as our vector wont be 0 anymore.
2 possibilities then; since theres different animations and moves for when airborne or on ground, i think the game already checks this? If yes, use that to deactivate the air compensation. If not… We can live with it? We activated the goddam fly mode, might aswell suck it and stay out of the ground altogether [shrugs]
Alternatively… I know through the vanilla settings we cant set the gravity lower than 0.1 (? if i remember correctly?), but through the workshop isnt something as silly as setting gravity to .000000001 ,or whatever it is the lowest, possible? Anything under .1 would be a nearly imperceptible fall, or slow enough to not be a problem; no more than hitting space every 10 seconds or whatever , but nonetheless more than stable enough to properly aim. In that scenario, i believe the challenge would lie in how to make our vector 0 when we release space/ctrl, so the character stays in the position we want, as without gravity/too low gravity our momentum will hardly decrease even after releasing the buttons…

YOU KNOW WHAT YOU CAN DO?
SPAWN 2 JUMP PADS, ONE IMMEDIATLY ABOVE THE CHARACTER AND ONE BELOW, SO THE JUMP PADS WOULD CANCEL EACH OTHER AND KEEP US IN THE AIR!!! GENIUS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA… ha…
oh well.

I really hope this helps you

[edits: just cleaning some stuff and correcting others. just because i write a lot doesnt mean im good at it it seems :expressionless: ]

Ok, i think that at this point I’ll just add you on my main account since It’s gonna be a lot easyer to actually chat about the lobby that way:
My B-Tag: ĦƐŖǾƇǾD#2365

Meanwhile I’ll reply to this post here (hehe) :globe_with_meridians:

First of all: here is my reference for actually avaialable commands in the workshop: WIKI: Workshop Syntax & Script Database

Than, as always let’s get started :smiley:

So, for what regards the hit mechanics, with the new ray tracing, i think i can improve that quite a bit: up until now i had no way to check if a player which had used primary fire had hit a target (not properly at least, as always there are workarounds) but now i can check if, while the player was firing primary (or secondary) he/she would have hit the enemy with a ray starting from hime to the enemy, so even if the spread would have made you miss, you still get the hit if the direction is correct.

Plus i was thinking to automatically reject the entry to extreme mode if the hero is not adapt to do the job (aka before starting extreme mode check the hero and if the hero had to be != from the ones i would set, i would just bump out the player and show a message among the lines of “get a hitscan hero”

Not quite, you are close tho: The impulse is not “travelling x units up” it’s applying a “bump” to the player, so applying a very small bump to compensate gravity (or now that i think about it, even an accelleration capped at speed 0) will not make you jump up and down. :3

yes, the game can check for “on the ground” so no problem there :slight_smile:

Trust me: i’ll find a way to make it as smooth as possible :stuck_out_tongue:

Normally making these modes smooth is not horribly hard, the only thing is that players with lower end PCs might lag up a bit, but i guess that is to be expected…

Since the amount of time i can dedicate to this project is relatively limited, i’d love to have that kind of support for the editing as i’m not a huge editor myself e.e and yes, i do give my consent to send this to Overwatch Central/Your Overwatch and what not, the only thing is that by this point, before anything is edited, i’d like to finish the thing so that with version 9.0, maybe 10.0 it will be done for good and will be usable for any training purpose!

And as always,
Cheers!

-HeroCod :file_folder:

Oh nice, it sounds then everything is pretty much set already!
And yeah i agree, allowing in just specific heroes would indeed do the trick in a smart way.
And all right, added you on bnet~
o/

1 Like

Heads up everyone! :sunglasses:

Version 9.0 OUT :crossed_swords::

• Added Fly Mode: once enabled you will float while in the air and will be able to go up and down with jump and crouch respectively, allowing you to have different points of view from which you can shoot at your targets

:arrow_down:

• Perfectioned Extreme mode: now only a set list of heroes wil be able to play in extreme mode and their shots will be accurately tracked so that there will not be any room for error while calculating score or assigning heals or damage, also the mode now keeps track of critical hits, also you cannot go outside of a 30m range from the central dome, or the mode will be terminated!

• Repositioned spawn portals and settings: The look is now much cleaner and allows for a more free visual in the spawn!

• Updated Description and made the code more tidy!

CODE: 2B216

With this i’d say that the lobby is ready for the showdown with YouTube!

I’ll link here the file that stores the data for every variable, just in case someone wants to move something with their own version: :open_file_folder:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1r7GVQAQlzI1xONUamz5Nswx-qzdjUG1PVvqTIbSFrRo/edit?usp=sharing

PS: add me again kuno because i did not get your request :confused:

1 Like

It says i’ve already sent the request and its pending?
Uh, you can try adding me instead
Kunomori#1653

1 Like

Did it but it does not show, maybe you are on the american servers?
(Yes i’m actually european and i post here because the american forums are way better and more complete)

got it!
I had to actually enter the game to get your request since through bnet itself it wasnt showing. Also, i sent you a whisper through the game, but no idea if you got it since its not showing in my social tab in the bnet app?
Very very strange, goddam.

1 Like

All right, i just tested it!
I really liked all the placement changes you made to tps etc, like in ana mode now her exit tp is way closer, in lucio range both modes are quickly accessible exiting the door (something that wasnt the case before).
The new lobby is WAY easier to understand and look at! gj! the “current players” will eternally be my personal pet peeve tho haha
Btw, i love that extreme mode keeps the high score even after closing the game! What whichcraft!

I have one question tho; when you said it now keeps track of critical, did you mean that it gives you extra hp/point per HS or that it is an statistic that the scoreboard actually shows? Cause if its scoreboard i didnt find it [shrugs]

The new mechanics;
nice not being able to leave lucio’s area without ending the game! And good call on the hero bans imo. The fly mode, idk about you, but i really think it was an awesome addition!!! Specially to be used in the zenny-flick mode. This helps a LOT with my comment about the ana juggle location, as now i can be considerably more creative with positioning.

However for the first time i think we have some actual problems to deal with.
First, watch this as most of the problems i found i compiled here:

[disclaimer: before the mccree part, i forgot to add a clip showing me sleeping a lucio and hitting him point blank, which actually healed me. You can see it here https://imgur.com/a/poDKweP]

So, the extreme mode. Ironically all machine gun types works better than the one-shot types. Widow for instance, i can kind of survive with her m1 but as soon as i scope, even if i do manage to HS a lucio killing him, i’m done for.
I turned off the damage over time, and now i can confirm that i’m indeed taking dmg even when i do hit. Although in some rare cases i get properly healed, and IT SEEMS it have something to do with the distance i am from the bot. If not, maybe its something to do with some kind of delay on the code not working properly, or maybe the ping? (i tried taking a look at the code but im too tired to properly process it)
Be as it may, for now its pretty much impossible to use ashe mccree and widow :
Also, i tested a bit staying alive with medpacks and ended up with negative 1700 points lol wich means its DEFINITIVELY registering my hits as misses.

The fly thing when landing is not really a problem. Slightly clunky maybe, but nothing a preemptive warning about it wont solve. The only thing that worries me a bit is the shaking bug. I didnt manage to actively reproduce it, and it is quite rare to happen if i’m being honest, but from what i saw, it seems it have something to do with abrupt vector changes, like if you’re going way too fast up and suddenly press crouch, chances are this will happen. When this happens, either your jump or crouch wont work (causing the stutter when you try); The way i found to make it stop when it does happen is to hold for a while the opposite command that is bugged (for instance, if crouch is bugged, hold jump for a bit and crouch should be working again). The problem is, a few times that happened to me on the ground, i couldnt fly anymore even after dying and turning fly off/on (i forgot to test my lord and saviour: jump pad! Maybe that would be enough to get me out of the ground). Whats worse, when this particular ground situation happened, even when by a miracle the stutter stopped, i would get a really annoying imput lag that affects just our movements. Like, with fly on or off, in the air or in the ground, my character would take 0,5 ~ 1 second to start responding and going in the desired direction. Only resetting the lobby solved this one afaik.
Be as it may, the pros of having fly mode FAR outweights any possile bug imo, but an warning for its unstability would be in order.

All that aside, a little polish on the lucio bots: if you implemented the extra points/hp when we kill a lucio, making the lucios recover health may be a good idea.
Also, at least until we think its 100% the extreme mode, make one of the lucios stay still for easier testing maybe? I cant really tell if distance is a factor as its already not that easy to hit the lucios, and even less trying to figure what distance works or not. Your call tho.

i had some ideas for different modes aswell, but its still too conceptual, im too tired and it would be easier to talk about this directly [if battlenet allows it :expressionless: ]

Anyways; tl,dr:
i’m utterly disappointed with this update, complete trash, no new jump pads, no sombra boops, no ana with wheelies, literally umplayable >:(
Joke aside, i reeeeally think we’re on the brink of finishing the polishing on everything we have! I can alredy taste it! You can always count with my giant blocks of text so keep up! ✧*。٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و✧*

1 Like

Heya there!

You never disappoint me huh? :smile:

The code is made it so that whenever a hit is critical (aka headshots), it will heal more and give more points! :gun:

Ok so, i checked the rules for the hit registration :thinking: and it looked for Primary and Secondary fire, so there was the issue, as you were not dealing any damage with the primary, it just assumed you were spamming secondary in the air, as the system will only deal damage to you if you are firing primary without pointing the crosshair at the bot as ray tracing checks for that.

And i gues the ping does not really help :confused:

Anyway i set the mode to check for primary fire only so that scoped hits should not really have issues with that anymore, not entirely sure tho atm since i’m working from a train thorwards university and i could not test yet as the connection is pretty unstable :no_mobile_phones:

Ok so i found a way of reproducing that bug: pressing shift and crouch at the same time, so all i did is i’ve made it so that in order to go up, you have to press only jump and not crouch, and to go down, the viceversa is valid :level_slider:

Plus for what regards the landing, there i forgot to set back gravity at 100% once a player touched the ground, since i set it to 10% whenever a player is in the air!:roller_coaster:

Legit forgot to implement that, thanks for the reminder! :poop:

They are actually in getting implemented now LMAO :stadium:, no boops tho (no commands to do that :frowning: )

—> AND DID IT!

V10.0 OUT!

• Ana Hacked Mode: :zap: Hack the system, get invincible and be constantly on fire while sleeping the enemy you are pointing with homing ana sleeps, speeding on your heelies and wallclimbing like genji! You’re no more anyone’s flank target! Only downside: you’ll have to find the swithces to turn it on yourself : )_

• Bugfixes, bugfixes and more bugfixes
  • Added more jump pads: for a quick takeoff in fly mode! …or if you really want to try and hug the juggled Ana bots, your choice!
  • Added a Bonus for killing the lucio in Extreme mode
  • Perfectioned Flying mode
  • Overall Polishing

CODE: VWGXD

1 Like

duuuuuuuuuuuuuude !!!
https://imgur.com/RoEnn0J

Truly a master piece. Grandma Tactical Ops: Jump pad edition HAHAHAH
And i know an easy solution for the boops; implement a simple cross-referencing ip tracker X gps so you get pinged each time someone enters the hack building, all you have to do then is to run real quick in front of their houses and scream ‘boop’ so we can hear inside our rooms.
Too much fun for my puny heart haha

cheers~

Using the code VWGXD

I have issues, like it takes long time to load in. And once loaded in, the map doesnt change to what its suppose to be. And nor the mod actually works as the bots just go around and kill me…

Welp my luck

I just tested the code and it worked fine for me :\
Sometimes the mod does take a bit to load, so you need to be careful when importing the code for the description to appear before exiting the settings, and pay particular attention to see if the map changed to paris. What you described happened to me once and hopefully this works for you too

Version 11.0 OUT! Tecnology Leap update!

New in this version:

• Hero selection Wheel: :ferris_wheel: Select your hero with a visual wheel ( which appears when you press the interact button) so that there is no more any need to go to the spawn room to change!
  • Bugfixes: sounds not playing for the jump pads, variables getting used by multiple sources etc etc.
  • Improved flight stabilization: no more getting juggled around while you try to start and stop your momentum in flight mode, just stop there and take your shots!
  • Repositioned warps (again) for better usability.
  • Reorganized code for a more managable lobby

All credits for the selection wheel goes to the creator: " OrangeUtan#2942 " and to Kunomori#1653 for implementing it in the lobby.

Credits for the low speed horizontal part of the flight stabilization creators: CuddlyFlower#2892 and Sci#1771 and Kunomori#1653 for implementing the low speed part efficiently.

CODE: J29D2

EDIT: updated code with some quality of life adjustements

Found you featured in todays ‘Your Overwatch’ video. Nice one. This looks great.

1 Like

Hey! I really like this mode and I think it is a huge improvement over the old practice range and can also be used for many reflex and aim practices even outside of overwatch.

I’m wondering if you can implement or teach me how to implement some of these ideas that I think can improve the mod:

1. The Lucio room is a bit small, especially if I am a soldier and wanted to be shoot from 30 meter away, Can you move the room to a bigger area like Watchpoint Gibraltar?

2. I don’t know if this can be implemented but if you can, try adding a Pharah that is constantly flying and getting pocketed by a mercy

3. Maybe add a new area where whenever I am in the line of sight of the enemy I receive damage over time, however I also get healed by hp over time in order to for us to take advantage of covers and practice peeking shots. (The average hp/second loss in teamfight is usually 50 hp/sec per hero and heals is around 40 hp/second)

Thanks for the mod man! Its one of the best mod around this workshop.

1 Like

Really liked everything the only thing I could add was the lighting for the Lucio bots when playing tracer almost made them unviewable w/ how large & bright it was (still like the lighting telling you the distance for falloff) and wanted to see if there was a way to either turn the brightness down or make the circle smaller.

The second thing would just be for something else besides Lucio bots in that one area. Had tried to do Zen bots since I’m not that great w/ his crit box and they were just floating around everywhere.

And since i’m assuming workshop will go live tomorrow from PTR to Americas/Europe/Asia, will the same code be used (J29D2)?

1 Like