Add Bastion already please

i will pay for that

give us an option to choose between two variants, ill show all the rework “enjoyers” that ow1 bastion is superior in every way by dominating them in ranked and flexing my 65-69% wr.

You don’t seem to know how software development works. In no world a bug for a game deployed on several environments would be fixed within an hour. You’re just delusional. There is absolutely no reason for Blizzard to delay the fix, so it must be something not that easy to fix or to properly test. Don’t forget that it needs to be tested and validated across ALL versions (consoles + PC), AND you have to ensure your fix isn’t adding any new bug, therefore re-testing pretty much everything.
And don’t forget that everyone is complaining about queue times, server errors, compatibility and so on. Devs must be overwhelmed at the moment, don’t blame them. The game was released too soon it seems, but that is not the devs responsibility.

1 Like

The only bad part about the rework imo is that the ultimate is just worse lol. All bastion needs is a size decrease, a health decrease, and reverting his ultimate to how it was before. imo.

1 Like

While i dont know anything about software development, i remember that in overwatch 1 most bugs were fixed within 1-3 days, some in hours. We were getting bug fixes on daily basis.

2 Likes

Yes, but I remember the one experimental that was up for an hour had some bugs and just never came back. I know it’s a different thing because the game was in maintenance mode at the time but we just can’t really say how serious the bug is. It might be a simple typo or it might be some far reaching engine bug.

“Most bugs” => not all bugs. And don’t forget this is still the game launch. As I said, devs must be completely overwhelmed right now. And I must admit that I don’t know/remember how OW1 handled bug fixing as I mainly played during its beta and early days; but don’t forget that compared to OW1, the heroes roster of OW2 is way larger, and we are 5v5 instead of 6v6. There are plenty of options aside of Bastion, which lowers the priority for this kind of bug (unfortunately for Bastion players of course).
We just need to be patient, the fix will eventually come sooner or later.

1 Like

Again:

There were literally some bugs that never got fixed from day 1 (six years). Bug lists for Doom were phenomenally long and many never resolved, and every character had at least a few. Blizz has a terrible history here with OW bug fixing.

It really shouldnt be this hard

The bug is that the ult is on a counter that goes down by 1 each time you shoot.
You have 2 inputs for the ult, primary and the ult button
When you are on the last shot, press both at the same time and the game skips the in built force quit, which only comes in when the ult counter equals because it counts as 2 shots and puts the counter to -1

They can fix it by changing it to less than or equal to 0

Saying you main something is cringe

As you said “it SHOULDN’T be that hard”, but none of us are working on the game so none of use is able to say if this is hard or not.
Maybe fixing it was easy, but while testing their fix they discovered another game-breaking bug that we aren’t aware off and is far more difficult to fix ? Maybe they’re focusing on other higher priority problems as some players are experiencing issues just trying to play the game, with or without Bastion ? Maybe that’s another reason that delays the fix that I didn’t think of ?
In the end, none of use know. Just be patient and wait for the fix to come, it will.

if its a coding issue, then it is as simple as changing one perameter

Yea, Blizz, we game developers know how easy it is to fix a hero. Just press the “FIX” button

1 Like

Bastion is one of those launch heros that the game would be better off without… along side widow and mercy. Considering the evolution of the game since launch.

Old bastion if you had half decent aim and tracking you could get work done… as long as most if not all your teammates were focusing on enabling you.

With the game being 5v5. Old bastion would either be unplayably weak. Or game breakingly overpowered…

I hope you understand that you “dominating” reworked Bastion is totally unrelated to him needing a rework, right? Bastion was reworked because he was considered unhealthy for the game in its previous state, just like Cass lost his stun and Mei lost her freeze.
You thinking that the character is worse now might be true, but that’s in no way a reason to undo its rework.

Going to devils advocate here…

So are mercy and widow.

I mean literally 90% of my matches with a mercy on the enemy team are determined by weather or not my team can kill said mercy.

Widow, well the either carry and arent fun to play against when they can actually hit shots, and the ones that cant often end up being more of a liability.

Old bastion was much like widow. Except it was less about your personal skill and more about your teammates skill to enable you…

People just dont realize blizzard removed bastion to avoid drama and banning tons of people for abusing that ult bug…

Considering blizzard allegedly implemented role queue to stop goats, which if true, is almost an admittance in their own incompetence, though it would explain the extended period of time bastion has been removed

Were it so easy. In the real world it’s not usually that easy.

Is he still a throw pick if you wreck the entire enemy team with him?

2 Likes

he gets so much value now if you play him right! plus hes cute and fun

1 Like

When did genji get removed? We all know hes everyones favorite hero to feed on

Are you kidding? He was my favorite rework in both betas. I just never got around playing him cause i was mainly trying to learn kiriko and get more time on sojourn and queen

1 Like