Actual Top 500 pick rates

https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiveoverwatch/comments/1b1m8gm/season_9_top_500_pickrates/

Pulled from PC and looks at multiple regions combined.

Since mr (insert blizzard randomly generated orc name here) wants to spread misinfo

26 Likes

Just to clarify and elaborate a little- What “info” in particular are they wrong on?

1 Like

Judging by swankyorc’s post history that I’ve read… I’m gonna go with the whole post is misleading. Thats kinda what they do imo. Theyre never here for a debate, just want to be told theyre right kinda type, know what I mean?

I’d be curious what the winrates are. I’m also surprised JQ is #2. Thats really interesting to me :face_with_monocle:

11 Likes

I am surprised by the junker queen, junkrat, and reaper numbers, I expected junkrat and reaper to look more like sym. Junkrat must have some die-hard players.

3 Likes

For one not mentioning it’s console info.

The other is looking at the list backwards and claiming otherwise.

Didn’t take long to figure that one out

Guy also hates Dva so to no surprise he’s going to try and make it look crazy when it’s not

11 Likes

Why the hateboner for dva though? He plays support, you would think winston/ball/doom would be public enemy #1.

If this was akj making those threads, then yeah, I would see that.

4 Likes

The actual pick rates. Their post is just flat inaccurate.

3 Likes

tracer having a whopping 75 percent pickrate with the next dps being 18 is crazy but i think there was a lot of seasons like that with top 500

3 Likes

No idea why specifically D.Va. He’s a very damage forward Lifeweaver main so maybe because DM can eat thorn volley?

1 Like

In another post, they claimed that D.Va has 150-200 first played icons in T500. Personally, I got something like 96 on EU and 54 on US, PC. The EU numbers are good, but not alarming. imo.

3 Likes

Why is lifeweavers pick and win rate so trash :sob:

Illaris there to they’re dog water :sob:

1 Like

I am more surprised the dva numbers are so low on NA, not like there are that many tanks that can be played at the top. Which region is playing all that junker queen?

2 Likes

After that other guy’s misinformation post I went and eyeballed EU and US T500, in that order, and was surprised that there’s a bunch more EU D.Vas than US D.Vas. I also never really understand how JQ players are so good. Even in a patch like this where I look at the notes and think, damn, this time JQ is dead for sure - nope. They just keep truckin’.

I don’t think there’s been a season of OW2 where I’ve seen JQ on the other side and thought to myself that this will be an easy game.

2 Likes

NA actually I think. I do know that the #1 spot was actually a JQ player.

I would assume JQ is not played in Asian regions since they have a hard on for Dive.

3 Likes

That is an understatement, they play winston even when he is garbage.

2 Likes

I think its cause she pairs so absurdly well with Lucio, who is so oustanding this season its kinda crazy.

She pairs decently with Zen too imo.

But yeah still surprised indeed, even after acknowledging all that.

1 Like

This would make sense since NA has always leaned towards rushdown and EU always leans towards a weird mixed bag due to language barriers.

1 Like

Was it the beta or season 1 when junker queen had the busted shout? She was insanely good then.

2 Likes

I think it was kinda inbetween? I don’t think us plebs got access to JQ in betas one or two, just Sojourn (who was fine in beta one but in beta two was even more obnoxious than season one, if you can believe it). The whole “JOATS” thing with JQ + Lucio + Brig was something that only occured on the OWL build to the best of my recollection. My memory sucks on the whole, though.

1 Like