Achievements disconnecting from game

Hello, I’ve been playing overwatch 2 (or at least trying) for the last 4 hours, so far so good, managed to play a couple of games before this bug started to happen continuously.

Im playing from console (Xbox series s) and whenever i get an achievement the game sends me back to the starting screen (press A to connect), now there are MANY achievements and the rate at which this happens, obviously being a newly released game, is allarming. Sadly, being the salty gamer I am, I didn’t think of taking a screenshot of the error text that appears but it’s something like this: Disconnected from the game because your profile changed.

So yeah, you get a kill with the flying knife of the new junkertown queen? Cool. Get this achievement and go back to the starting screen. This happened a couple of times with different heroes and the timing is perfect so I don’t think there’s another logic behind it besides achievement=disconnection.
(Sorry for my poor skills at writing this post, usually never do but I could find no one that said anything about this issue so I had to take my chances and write about it, wish you all good luck)

*famous last words: “NOOO, AN ACHIEVEMENT”

218 Likes

I’m having the same issue. Xbox Series X.

Achievement unlocked results in disconnect from server and return to the queue.

42 Likes

Same Issue on Xbox Series X

24 Likes

Xbox Series X.
Seems to be consistent, got 2 achivements and each time it booted me.

18 Likes

Same issue here. Instantly disconnect if I get an achievement. Xbox Series X

13 Likes

Samething happening to me

9 Likes

Same for me (Xbox series X)

9 Likes

So I’m not the only one! The same happened to me, three times, now I stopped playing, because this is unbearable.

9 Likes

Same. I’m on Xbox Series X as well. This seems to be only happening to xbox players.

7 Likes

Same to me on Xbox Series s

10 Likes

Ditto - just got match winning quad kill with DVa and booted immediately so I don’t get to see what probs would have been play of the game!

7 Likes

+1 to this bug - disconnect from game every single time I earn an Xbox achievement. Playing on Series X - bloody annoying!

12 Likes

Yes same here its annoying i was playing then got kicked beacuse of achievement and now i am in an queue of 4000 people hope they fix it in the next 24 to 48 hours

6 Likes

Same here on Series S. :unamused:

8 Likes

I have the same problem on the Xbox Series X…

4 Likes

Same thing for me. Happened 4 times

5 Likes

I’m also experiencing this (Xbox X)

4 Likes

Same issue here Xbox Series S

4 Likes

Same here with xbox series x. I did capture 3 of the disconnects due to achievement unlocks but the capture feature does not capture the achievement overlay

UPDATE: NOT A SOLUTION
Apparently some players had success with turning off notifications.
Playing again last night with achievement notifications turned off but still disconnects when you get an achievement.
The issue seems to be related to battle.net account changes. Achievements must be tracked on your account as well as xbox live account which is causing ANY change to battle.net account. Which is then forcing players to reconnect with ‘updated battle.net account’.
I’m basing this theory on being in the middle of a game and changing my battle.net username and being kicked as soon as I hit save.

15 Likes

+1 on Xbox Series X. Every time without fail, disconnects when I get an achievement. “Client Requested Disconnect”

8 Likes