Accounts being locked randomly starting 2 months ago

Hi, I recently stumbled upon this thread which perfectly encapsulates what’s happening to me.

The difference being I have not undergone ISP changes besides of upgrading our spectrum plan to a faster tier. My accounts will out of nowhere give error code BLZBNTTAS00000006 , which says to check the email for more details. without failure I will receive this email:
Greetings,

Account: []

Action(s) Taken: Account Closure

Recent activity shows your account may be compromised. We disabled this account to protect your privacy and prevent further damage.

We recommend checking our Securing a Blizzard Account article for suggestions to make it harder for someone to compromise your account.

Blizzard Entertainment reserves the right to terminate your access to the account, with or without warning

Regards,
Blizzard Entertainment

Like the other thread I linked in the very beginning, if I’ve been on any other account, all of which are mine by the way, they will become “soft locked” in the form of a password reset sent to them. I have had 5 accounts locked so far and had 3 unlocked no problem but the other two are staying banned. That was hard to accept so since then I have tried to think it was a one time thing. Well yesterday I saw overwatch on sale and purchased a new account legitimately from the bnet launcher. 6 hours later the same fate happened. The account was banned while I was in bed and subsequently sent the “account closure for security” email as well as having password resets sent to a few other ones I had been logged in prior. Now I have to go through the ticket system and roll the dice like I did with my other ones. I’d like to say I’m 100% not compromised in any way as I made the email for this account less than 24hours ago as well as given it a strong unique password. I’ve only logged in to it on my desktop, and on the mobile app on my phone to talk to friends I was going to play qp with.

So my question is why is this happening at seemingly random? The account didn’t even play a game yet, it’s level one. It’s so scary because i was 98% sure my other accounts haven’t done anything actually bad, but now I’m 100% sure as this is a lvl 1 account. So now I’m scared to even play on my main or any account for that matter.
I genuinely believe the system that detects if an account is compromised is setting off false positives for me because it does also come with my other accounts being sent password resets which are fine after I reset them.

Sorry for the long write. This is incredibly frustrating and I can’t discuss it in my tickets because they just get closed. The first time I had success with having my account back it was instant, but this time I’m told to wait for it to be reviewed by a team, which is what I was told for the unfortunate accounts that ended up staying banned (locked.) I really must reiterate this account that is currently banned is level 1 and has never played a game yet but was flagged and locked/banned 6-7 hours after creating the battlenet account and purchasing overwatch.

Also I do not use any vpns. I just want to figure out how to stop this from happening. I don’t do anything malicious such as boost, account sharing, and don’t even type in game. Any help or clarification would be much appreciated.

Hi, I’m a forum volunteer. Generally, account action discussion is not permitted in the forum.

However, I think the bigger question at play here is: Why do you need so many accounts?

I’m having a difficult time listing reasons you would need so many accounts if you weren’t up to activities that fall into gray areas or actions specifically against the ToS. If the answer is "why does it matter, " we can probably skip further discussion.

1 Like

Sure, I am a night person. Whenever overwatch goes on sale I like to buy one and enjoy the leveling process as it gives me something to do since I don’t have much.

The biggest reason personally is the q times at night. I try to play on my lowest rated at those hours, so what usually tends to happen is I get around 4.3-4.4 and then my q times triple. I also want to play professionally, and the more accounts you have as high as you can get them, people notice.

I can assure you there’s nothing happening in the gray area, none of these accounts ever leave my possession. And while yes it’s a lot I’ve played since season 2 and would prefer to not be judged. I don’t mind answering though since you do have a point.

I level them all up myself and buy them legitimately through Blizzard. I’ve come here not to discuss specifics towards action my accounts received but a solution on why am I receiving security locks on random accounts? If it’s going to happen on this lvl 1 account I never even got to play the game on what if it happens to my main sitting in menus?

Howdy GNOME,

We aren’t able to discuss account issues over the forums. If you have questions about this situation, I recommend creating a support ticket to discuss this issue.