Account Suspended for Comp, Before Even Entering a Game

Recently, I have tried to queue up for comp and have been automatically suspended as soon as the "match found ‘’ notification pops up. As soon as it says match found, I get a “failed to connect to server” message, and I can see a bunch of player’s messages saying “GG” or “EZ” as if the game had just ended. I don’t even manage to make it into the character select, before it does this - it’s still on the competitive queue home screen. This all happens within seconds, it’s not as if I suddenly disconnected or crashed. The “match found” notif, still stays up while it relays I have a suspension.

Normally, if you go to your Socials > Recent Players, you can see everyone you played with in the most recent match but I have not played a match with any of the recent people listed.

I think I am being instantly connected to games that have just ended, hence, I don’t get into the game at all, and I am probably being suspended for being “AFK or Disconnecting”, even though I was never in the match at all.

I don’t have trouble playing any of the other modes of Overwatch, nor does the game ever crash on me or disconnect during the match. I even played comp multiple times right before this problem started and I played some unranked even during the suspension. So I don’t believe it is an issue with my PC or Wifi.

I don’t care much about waiting out the suspension, but then each time the suspension is over and I try to re-queue, the issue happens all over again - and then the suspension is even longer than the previous time.
I am not sure what to do and I still am not certain what the exact problem is. If anyone happens to have an idea of what is going on or has any advice to help fix this issue - it would be very much appreciated.

7 Likes

I have a similar problem. Has happened to me several times this week. I click Competitive Role Queue and it says Match Found then I get dropped from the match without ever picking a hero. It says Rejoin Match and when I try to click on it nothing happens. Right now, I am suspended for 8 hours. I opened a ticket and Support’s response is basically it’s my fault for leaving a Competitive Match before it even started. I have decided to stop playing Competitive because of this. Here’s is Blizzard’s canned response:

Xablyss
Greetings,

Thank you for contacting us regarding a penalty applied to your Overwatch 2 account.

This action has been taken in accordance with our Code of Conduct, which all players acknowledge and agree to prior to playing Overwatch 2. These policies and conditions allow us to maintain a fun and safe game environment for all our players.

Our Battle.net Terms of Use can be found at:
https://blizzard.com/company/legal/eula.html

Our Code of Conduct can be found at:
Blizzard's In-Game Code of Conduct - Blizzard Support

Please note that leavers penalty or competitive bans cannot be lifted by Customer Support, regardless of their reasons. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Customer Service
Blizzard Entertainment

1 Like

That’s happened to me just again, one time too many. That’s clearly for stealing even more money from the players besides their way too over-priced store items cos only after the fourth time does you get a season ban, and this is happening for just three seasons that account receive a permanent ban. So no mere competitive matches, no more points for golden guns, and even worst, the worst matchmaking ever because besides the faulty in-game matchmaking, many of the players aren’t taking it seriously. So the only option left is to create another account entirely and buy the new heroes ONCE AGAIN with the over-priced skins and so on, especially when the battle passes are lost and you have to fork out 40 euros for the new heroes, same as you did to buy the original game.

1 Like

So basically they’re not going to fix the problem. Rad. Overwatch going downhill fast

1 Like

Same thing happening to me, I can sometimes get into match but most of the time it kicks me out exactly how you describe

2 Likes

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. I’ve linked the competitive bugs megathread at the bottom of this post, which archives and documents almost every competitive bug. I put your thread under: False Suspension And Ban. Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads regarding these issues.

Bringing an old thread back, but this has just started to happen to me. As soon as I get Game Found it stalls and kicks me to a login page. I enter my details and I am presented with a ban. It started with a 15 min ban and now it’s 4 hours! I don’t even get into a game before I am banned. So far Blizzard support is crap and suggests updating video card drivers, it’s like they don’t even read the tickets just spam out basic stuff from a script