Account Merge: forced to purchase PS Plus

My PS4 and PC accounts have been linked for years, but I haven’t played on my PS4 for about the same amount of time. Seeing as I don’t have a PS Plus subscription I can’t get to the main menu of OW1, does that mean I can’t complete the merge? Do I need to purchase a month of Plus just to get to the main menu so I can merge my accounts?

Just to confirm, regardless if your account is linked or not, nothing will transfer over unless you have a Live/PS Plus sub to get to the main menu of the game on console and manually merge the accounts from there. I’m trying to verify this because some of the mods have also been saying that simply linking your account on the Blizzard website is enough, but this quote from Ironthorne is contradictory to that.

Did you not get an account merge prompt on your PC account? I got one from the PC side to merge in my linked PS4 account.

Yeah I did and I was having an issue with my PS account updating on Blizzard because I changed my gamertag a year or so ago. I managed to get that sorted, but while I was going through the threads here one of the mods said you need to get into the game on PS4 and merge it there as well if it’s to be successful.

Unfortunately I can’t do that without a PS Plus sub, which is ridiculous in the first place that simply linking accounts isn’t enough, but here we are.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.