"account changed" even after confirming account to merge

Hi, I’ve been trying to merge my console account for the past 2 days. I switched the battlenet account that was tied to my xbox account 2 days ago, & since then I’ve been getting “account changed” under my xbox account in the prompt instead of “merged” even after repeatedly clicking on “hold to confirm account”. I’ve also added my phone number & verified that, so I’m not sure what else I’m doing wrong here.

I’ve seen replies from staff suggesting that merging only works if both linking & confirming to merge was successful, but also mixed replies everywhere else that suggests that linking accounts is good enough for the merging to work. Could I get a clear answer on whether do I actually HAVE to get the “account changed” to switch to “merged” for my progress to carry over, or will all of my progress just be lost even though I have my xbox account connected to this battlenet account in the ‘Connections’ tab?

Does this then mean that if I don’t get the “merged” indication, my progress won’t carry over to ow2?

(psa: sorry this was basically posted twice in a span of 15 mins, I realized I was using my old battlenet account to post & deleted the old one)

update: I’ve only ever played on xbox before ow2, so i’m not sure how relevant the situation above is to cross-platform players.

rn in ow2, my account’s in queue for migration, & it still shows “account changed” in red even AFTER i’ve confirmed it in ow2 (there’s no other button to click after i clicked ‘confirm account’ save for the button to close the prompt)

Also the queue number keeps jumping around everytime i login (currently at 610k lmfaoo), & somehow i have all the heroes unlocked except kiriko, but none of my cosmestics have transferred over (ie. my account in ow2 looks like a fresh account rn except for having the full roster minus kiriko)

just gonna wait on blizzard to merge my account in the next lifetime or so :skull:

update 2: my merge queue keeps resetting every time it hits 0. im tired blizzard just give me back my cosmetics

update 3: after the game update yesterday, the the queue number still resets when it hit 0, so i logged off once it had reset & came back after a couple of hours. seems that in that time period my account had merged successfully & i have all of my stuff back.

23 Likes

I am having the exact same problem, everytime I go to confirm my merge, it just says “account changed”. Does anyone know what to do?

2 Likes

Me too I linked my playstation(main account ) to my pc and nothing came over even after having the notification of merge complete but when I load in after that it says am still in the queue once my queue has ended it says close your game to be hung migration after I do that and load back up it says account changed under PlayStation then confirm to merge I do that again and when I load the whole thing repeats from step 1

2 Likes

Yes it happens to me to

1 Like

I have the same problem, I had an Xbox account and Playstation account. The Xbox one says “confirmed” but the Playstation one says “account changed”. What does “account changed” mean exactly ?

3 Likes

Yeah it happens to me to I don’t know what to do I’am just scared to lose my account

4 Likes

Nobody knows what to do with this. Blizzard havent done anything to help or give insight on what “Account changed” actually means. WHAT exactly did we do wrong?

6 Likes

I have the same problem
And I don’t know how to solve it

3 Likes

Yeah mine is not working either. It keeps telling me to log out and log back in but that doesn’t work. And it says I’m in a 700,000 player line to get my account migrated. I had so much skins I didn’t want to lose.

4 Likes

i’m having the same problem we’ll get through this together

6 Likes

Same situation here :((

2 Likes

im also having this problem

3 Likes

Same , ever since launch… i have account changed in red and everytime I get down to 47 for the merge queue it resets, I’m level 367 and have some gold guns I don’t want to lose them !!

3 Likes

I have the same problem

1 Like

Same I think we aren’t getting our things back

1 Like

Me to, I’m in the same boat, i didn’t get my stuff back yet

1 Like

Please Im playing this game since 2016 and I have tons of skins and item but the queue always shows as account changed with red and every time the number come to 0 they start new queue number and I think I will not get my stuff back :frowning:

1 Like

Broken merging. I guess for two accounts to merge its gonna take blizzard a few years to get it right like they did for this game. Oh wait. It ain’t right.

1 Like

I have no merger even though I linked my xbox account to battle net to resume on pc… I don’t know what to do

1 Like

same issues with my account. thanks Blizzard

2 Likes