According to my research....[Brigitte discussion]

The shield bash doesn’t take skill because it isn’t extremely overpowered, it cant do anything to anyone a distance away, saying shes over powered because of shield bashes possibilities is like saying rein is overpowered because of his hammer. In both cases you just have to keep your range. She has the shortest attack range of any support, but because of this shes much harder to just dive and kill. What would be the point in adding a 6th healer that you just dive onto to kill?

1 Like

I would keep playing them because I enjoy them and I am good with them. Or I would switch main. Adaptation.

1 Like

Got like 20 hours with her, can assure u that she doesn’t need gamesense and skill, maybe u should just need to redefine your ceiling of gamesense and skill XD

11 Likes

There’s a certain extent in which people get tired of no change. Whether you get burned out cause of it or just dont want to play anymore. DSPStanky was the #1 lucio and quit cause the game was boring and anti-lucio. He got burned out.

Timthetatman quit cause you can BARELY play with a coordinated team like whats in the clip (with this meta)

Dafran is taking a huge break cause of the meta

xQc is trying to quit

aimbotcalvin is trying to limit his time

agilities has stated displeasure.

I can go on for days, with this many pro-players/ex-pro players quitting, there’s SOMETHING wrong.

3 Likes

If Brig can stun you with Shield Bash, I do not want to be on the receiving end of a Rein’s Shield Bash.

1 Like

So you’re naturally a flex, there’s your answer. Not everyone is a flex

inb4 you say no I’d just swap my main…
If you’re willing to swap your main you aren’t really a one-trick or a main-torb/insertherohere. You’re flexing. I’m a tracer genji player, I cant play those heroes at higher elos 99% of the time cause I get literally destroyed by a SUPPORT hero.

So you can run in headfirst and 6v1?

1 Like

I could 1v6 as tracer before brig pretty well…So yeah

Maybe they’re just bored of the game. It happens.

And now you can’t :frowning:

1 Like

But you’re missing the point man. They aren’t bored of it cause they dont enjoy the game itself.
They’re bored of it cause they cant play the hero they want cause of a SUPPORT hero. They’re bored cause they cant play what they want, they’re bored cause this meta has literally killed competitive.

3 Likes

Tracer can still outplay Brig. Any skilled Tracer main will tell you.

3 Likes

Im a 3883 tracer one trick. A plat brig can easily catch you, It’s not like a mccree flashbang, her bash has a scuffed hitbox and is long as hell. it’s not even about her mech abilities, it’s about her HP too.

5 Likes

Okay there are like so many fallacies in this sentence alone.

First, you ASSUME that shield bash isn’t Overpowered, which in my opinion is pretty big assumption. How about this, let’s change wraith form so that all enemies that Reaper passes through gets stunned for 1 second.

Just the same way, Reaper now stuns targets that are close to him, and he is pretty much invulnerable while doing this. It takes absolutely 0 skill to pull off and by your definition it isn’t extremely overpowered because Reaper can only do it to close enemies (i.e. within walking distance).

LOL Just keep your range. Seems like a fair argument, no?

Also, whether an ability takes skill or not doesn’t justify whether it should or can be overpowered or not. Widow headshots takes skill but if Blizzard made the headshot deal 800 damage, people would riot.

Both of these are horrible arguments for shield bash.

I’d also like to point out that adding a 6th healer who has a different method of supporting would be just as welcome, not to mention the 5th healer, Moira, was hardly someone you can “just dive and kill” as easily as you think.

4 Likes

Considering how large the playerbase is, there is no change to the game (be it good or bad) that won’t make around a hundred of ppl pissed off and leaving the game.

This can happen for multiple reasons, the most common is that said hundreds had their main character(s) to be less effective, the meta has shifted into something they are nto comfortable with or they simply got bored.

I am part of the ppl that played through even if the 2 characters that I’d never play (Tracer and Genji) if not for some random occasion were domintaing so hard that the matches were decided by who was better at them. That’s why I’m glad that we got a character that has shaken things up.

I honestly didn’t have an inch of fun when all the enemy team had to do was jumping on the point and hold M1 to win.

And before some1pops up saying “But Dive wasn’t played if not in higher rating while snipers are allover the place”, this is simply false for 2 reasons:

• Dive was played almost everywhere, maybe not as coordinated but overall there was no match without a Winston/D.Va + Genji/Tracer + a healer that went well with them. Also Dive comp was much more messy and more noob-friendly.

• Snipers are everywhere but they are also perform nothing like higher SR ones.

2 Likes

Well practise some more. When you figure out how to cionsistently take her down, it will bring you satisfaction and you can enjoy your main even more.

Lol…Dafran is the #1 tracer and he’s said a bronze brig could kill him…This doesnt work here man. And figuring out how to take her down consistently isnt hard, throw a pulse bomb on her and she’s dead, but you will NOT win a 1v1 if that brig has her eyes open.

7 Likes

Well that’s kinda what tends to happen when you go 1v1 against your hard counter. Still, if he took effort to adapt his playstyle, he should be able to take down Brigs easily. Plenty of other Tracers are managing.

3 Likes

But the way they manage sacrifices too much which makes her much more impractical than a mccree or doomfist. I completely agree with the hard counter part, every hero has one basically, and you can’t win them all, but brig is different.
How? She has actual armor that takes 50% less damage, regens based on damage, has a shield, and usually plays with her team. This makes Tracer basically useless.

Well I don’t even play Tracer, so I wouldn’t recommend going 1v1 with Brig. You just gotta sneak up behind her in team environment, but if I was going 1v1…

You can kite her with mobility.
Get behind her with your time reverse thngy.
Charge ult in falloff.
Kill her with mine or use time recall to shoot head.