About The Banned Topic

So then, to support the constitution we should all stop playing games that restrict free speech.

Let them wither and die.

Well i mean the internet was a mistake in some form soo…

Yes. That is the correct answer.

To be blunt, people are too lazy now for this to happen.

Gillette is a prime example. After they lost the huge amount of revenue from their “get woke go broke” campaign, people were up in arms saying they wouldn’t buy Gillette products anymore.

But,

If you did a little research, Gillette is a branch of Procter and Gamble. So, you would have to boycott, like I did, all P&G goods. Realistically there was plenty of alternatives to what they offered. People were just too lazy to stop buying their ____.

Kind of funny isn’t it? We the people like the game so much we abide by thier so called rules. Imagine how fast they would change thier policies if the masses left just because of the restricted use of EZ.

If the company was in a communist country, had communist ideals and wanted to run it in a communist way, probably. What does that have to do with anything tho? Are you suggesting that most of the playerbase is in the US? Or that every country that is not the US is communist?

1 Like

People, by and large, would have to be aware of the impact censorship has on society. Right now, they don’t. Or, they do and want it to continue. For the people in the latter category, censorship is great, until it comes for them. At that point, its too late.

…You seriously think that the United States doesn’t have the majority membership in Overwatch players, or is this statement redundant?

Is this some dig where because The US has a constitution and a “free market” that everything that isn’t that is tantamount to communism? Or that China, who I would assume has the second or third highest Overwatch player count is communist, but its communist lite?

Not sure I get why you would throw in communism to the mix of why freedom of speech is a good thing.

My statement was about the player base. Doesn’t matter if the game resisdes in the US. Maybe the communists suggested alterations to the gaming policy so that thier people would be allowed to play.

Here’s my 2 cents about this:

• Saying “gg ez” and activating the automated filter shouldn’t be reportable
  • Using any form of words to get around this and say “ez” should be repotable

That’s it

1 Like

Why can’t you say cancer? Not only is it a literal medical condition, but it’s also a zodiac sign.

Context matters

Exactly that’s it, though i don’t see like any valid or good reasons to say EZ.

I don’t see why not.

These terms are like the most vanilla things you can have said towards you in the gaming community lol

Yes but it’s not like Blizzard allows trash talking of any kind.

Yeah, only if you get caught

So like what are you getting at?

Point was to establish whether or not it was against the rules and why they were actioned. I think we got to that point and well no need for changing seeing what we got from this thread.

Using the word “cancer” in any context with the intent to convey anger is not good.

I still don’t understand why some idiots like to use it as an insult.

Because trash talking is a tactic used to anger the opposition and in turn make them play worse.

It’s something that has ALWAYS been around even before gaming

So typing “EZ” is paramount for free speech, but typing “cancer” is a bridge too far?

Its either all or nothing.

Things people want to hear are not in need of protecting, you protect speech that people don’t want to hear.

2 Likes

Insulting someone isn’t really like what everyone wants to see in their game.

I think it’s valid to report it in certain cases.

It doesn’t always have to be either all or nothing, rules are made to block out specific things not something as an overall.

Not that i agree to anything such to that, though i just wanted to point that out.

Plenty of people died from cancer. It feels wrong to use it as an insult.
When I see someone use the word “cancer” as an insult; I think of them as the low of the low.