About playing in competitive season 4 with a rank bug

If I have the bug with incorrect season 3 rank, I can still play competitive mode or do I have to wait for a fix?

// I had to be diamond in season 3 and 4, but it shows gold in open queue and plat in role queue

1 Like

They accidentally left the rank decay in at the start of Season 3. So anyone who logged in during the first hour or so got hit with a rank decay. They pushed through a fix though, and your rank should automatically correct itself after your first re-rank- so you just need to win 5 games to fix this.

Does this fix what’s displayed for last season’s final rank as well?

I don’t care if they decay my S4 rank, I can just climb again. The issue is letting people cling to a rank and then destroying it the next season. You can fix your current S4 rank, you can’t fix your final S3 rank because Blizzard wants to mess with it after the season has ended.

Overwatch developers try to use their brain challenge (HARD)

1 Like

They’re working on a fix for the end of Season 3 rewards, but don’t have a timetable yet. That fix should fix the final S3 rank issue.

They rarely ever fix anything from previous seasons so I doubt a timetable will ever be released.
(I’m busy coping.)

1 Like

Maybe if we’re lucky we will get the rewards before the next season starts :smiley:

Is there a source to this?

I hope they’ll write an article about this soon. For now it’s all Twitter updates from Morgan Maddren’s account (he’s the one talking about the matchmaker in all those dev videos).

It didn’t work. I have to go up to the diamond on my own again (i got plat 1 after 10 games. I was gold 2 by the bug)
cries

1 Like

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Here’s a link to my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I’ve compiled a list of posts regarding similar bugs under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment. Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads, we must demand the Developers to give us the rewards we rightfully earned.

1 Like