Abnormal high latency

What’s happening? Is this normal? Tested this in practice range

250 latency beta
90 latency live game

Practice ranges are deprioritized servers and not a good measure for actual game ping.

Weird question, but have you ever played FFXI?

It’s the same in normal games …

No i didnt

Same here. For the past 2 weeks or so, I’ve been getting significantly higher ping in games and PR:

Before:
35-40ms png in qp/comp
30-35ms png in practice range

After:
61-70ms png in qp/comp
80-90ms png in practice range

IND is okay, I’m connecting to my usual server. Here’s my winMTR:

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| WinMTR statistics |

| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

| RT-AX86U-0168 - 0 | 226 | 226 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 |

| 24.105.43.218 - 0 | 226 | 226 | 1 | 5 | 80 | 2 |

|____________|||||||

WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

I have also tried on multiple PC’s in my home, 2 different modern routers from different manufacturers, multiple firmwares, QoS on/off/adjusted, port forwarding/packet prioritization on/off/adjusted, factory resets, rebooted ONT, plugged my ISP ethernet directly to my PC, reached out to my ISP and had my connection/cross connect/traffic inspected and they don’t see anything. Furthermore, this is literally only with Overwatch. Ping in all other non-blizz games are normal.

Was networking overhauled to support the new beta? The only theory I can come up with is that the datacenters I usually hop across to get to ORD1 are being provisioned to support the OW2 beta in my region and causing my connection to OW1 to require different routing/more hops.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.