Ability change for Reaper, Mei, Symmetra broke their respective abilities - Blizzard please fix

Basically they broke how shadow step, ice wall, and TP interact with ledges. Instead of doing what they claimed it was supposed to do its made it so you have to look above your target to use those abilities. In some cases, like windows or small spaced ledges its almost not even usable.

1 Like

Oh this is bad. I hope it’s seen and fixed ASAP.

1 Like

Hopefully there’s an acknowledgement from a dev soon-ish. This is 3 characters unplayable because of one change.

Blizzard, it’s time to do a

4 Likes

Spread the word, they need to be made aware of this since it was a change they implemented that wasn’t needed(I honestly don’t know who they heard complain about this) that caused this whole issue. It needs to be reverted.

2 Likes

Yep, went to do some DM games towards the LEGO Bastion challenge, Chateau Deathmatch was up and I like playing Symmetra in DM so away I went.

Didn’t realise how often I rely on being able to teleport up from the basement/waterfront bit to the top of the collonade over the statue courtyard.
Totally impossible now to place a TP anywhere up there from the low ground. Works fine going high-to-low but low-to-high you just don’t even get a placement option anywhere on that lip. Something to do with the shape of the edge, and whatever silly placeables change went in?

Update:

They are already aware of it and have added it in the known issues list:

There is an issue with ground-targeting abilities being unable to target their intended location.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/1-40-known-issues-list/403864

Now we have to wait around 3 weeks (or more) before there will be a fix on PTR.

But why didn’t this get tested first before it went to live?

3 Likes

Yeah, this needs a serious fix. I was playing Reaper earlier and I struggled all game trying to teleport to the place I wanted to go

How in the hell were these changes released in this state? :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I’m more curious as to what prompted them to spend dev time on this change. I don’t believe wall/tele placement was ever something anyone complained about.

If you’ll allow me to don my conspiracy hat, what if this is something to do with the upcoming hero?

Okay, conspiracy hat off.

1 Like

Huh, everything works fine for me.

I cant watch the video rn what happened? is there a new glitch that breaks the tele abilities?

Don’t worry, it’s technically a Mei nerf, so that’s gonna get fixed in the next few hours.

Asking Blizzard for a revert

lol

3 Likes

You know what’s weird?
This change was not in the latest PTR patch as far as I know. It’s such a big change for these heroes and it’s historically been such a buggy feature that it feels so strange it wasn’t tested before hitting live.

1 Like

How’s Mercy’s Damage boost broken? please explain

Mercy receives no ult charge from damage boost, if shot without damage boost would be enough to kill. For example, damage boosting Widowmaker on killing shot will earn no ult charge.

Ohh I think I’ve noticed that with Hanzo!!! and I thought it was supposed to be that way. I hope they fix it.

Yeah especially reapers wraith, it gets rid of anythin thats on him. burn, anti, discord ect.

Guess that won’t happen heh