Aaron Keller as a leader

Aaron literally does nothing for the game. Opposed to Jeff hes just a yesman for the OW team.

Aaron is the greatest 100% if he gives me Dmon in the next 1.5 years lol

He needs to communicate more. The game has always been dumpster fire anyway.

are_you_sure_about_that.gif

He’s still standing behind it…which means he bears responsibility for the end product….

that was the question no? How do I feel about the games direction? He’s done an awful job

This is fair….if so then he’s one of the aforementioned higher ups who are even worse than Aaron….the REAL problem….but I still have to hold Aaron accountable for the product itself….it’s not just monetization

1 Like

no one that has been the leader of overwatch cared past 2016 and ow2 is somehow worse than ow1

I’m thinking this is the case.

I tried coping and thinking the devs had no control over prices for instance, they’re just at the whims of corporate suits. It’s somewhat understandable to keep your mouth shut about practices you don’t agree with if opposing them costs you your job.

But the thing is… if you’re in that situation, I don’t think you have to advocate and imply the tactics are justified. I know this isn’t an Aaron example but AndyB said this in the November shop update

The “we” leads me to believe that they find these prices agreeable to downright good when we all know they’re some super steep prices based on the value you’re getting.

This is the only statement they’ve made on what they feel on prices so I’ll focus on it until (or if) they make another…

(post deleted by author)

well i think he does a terrible job

So true. They stole push mode from paladins.

Jeff actually put himself out there for the community even when they were very upset. Now we get almost zero communication besides a “sorry the update got delayed until the season is basically over”.

I miss Jeff. Jeff was great for the game and I think we’d have a much better product (probably later though) if Jeff had stayed.

1 Like

This reminds me of Silicon Valley episode where they were at that tech competition and all the competitors say something along the lines of “we are gonna revolutionize the world… with our stupid non-helpful idea”. It’s what people who smell their own farts say.

1 Like

We don’t really know a whole lot about how either of them work behind the scenes – how much dictatorial control they exert over the project or how much they block activision from excessive interference – to really give a judgment call. We know that Jeff did some of the latter with regards to making OW2 a replacement for OW1 instead of a new game, but honestly I’m not sure I prefer the result anyhow.

Jeff gets a lot more credit for making a public figure out of himself, and while there are merits to not doing that, it’s obviously going to endear him more to the player base.

The only thing I remember from Jeff was his obsession with Junkrat. The only thing I remember about Aaron Keller is that he has a really cool name.

We could have had it all…

Well, maybe if it releases next year we can see a nice second mass exodus and the PvP whiners will finally be left in their toxic cesspool.

1 Like

Some small but not so small detail that I really appreciate are the devs videos.
Devs showing up on screen talking about their work and stuff is really cool to see and hear, which didn’t often happen with Jeff.

Plus, if I’m not wrong he (nearly always) wears a Blizzard pride pin

He is hot.

Like that’s a bad thing

I really want a PVE / PVP player split

Same.

What I’m hoping for is a PvE similar to Borderlands. Skill trees, playable missions/quests through maps (I’m doubting they’ll have regions on the scale of Borderlands), or if smaller maps, on the scale of something like Left 4 Dead. And the key point: while better or strongly encouraged to be playable with other people/friends, entirely possible to be completed on your own with the aid of bots or something.

Seriously, 4+ years with this community has only taught me one thing: how much I LOATHE this community and its players. The fandom doesn’t even exist anymore and those people used to have a decent presence on Tumblr in 2016-2018.

1 Like