A Toggle Off For Lifegrip

Give us an option so we can’t be lifegripped, if we don’t want to. I’d rather die than be lifegripped. When I get lifegripped I suicide specifically to make the “save” fail.

34 Likes

Instead of throwing, maybe ask your LW to not pull you? I’m pretty sure most players will stop after that.

68 Likes

I ask once to not be life gripped.

If it happens again I just stop moving after the grip and let myself be killed. They’ll get the hint soon enough.

I’m always getting pulled as Doom when I’m charging up an empowered punch with most of my HP. This ruins the punch and my whole play. Like my punch will stun them during which time they can’t shoot me, after that I’ll have block again, and I have seismic slam to get out of needed. I’ll come back if I need to. Just send your stupid healing flowers my way as I block and I’ll be fine.

Terrible hero and the only decent Weaver players are good tank players themselves.

14 Likes

Hi, almost 200hours in LW here.

My suggestions

• Queue with a dedicated support that works for you
  • Join VC’s more often, have a support that you can tell when you want gripped

Communication is key, in situations you dislike - you can communicate your way out of it.

It’s quite a tough task to know when to pull a doom player but with right pulls you can be quite a menace to the enemy team. so get a combi

43 Likes

No, I won’t be doing that.

It doesn’t matter since most of them still grip me after I tell them that I don’t need it at all on heroes like Doom, and to save it for our overextending DPS with 10 deaths each.

The root of the issue is a support player being able to override a teammate tank’s autonomy and authority to make the plays they want to make.

10 Likes

No, I won’t be doing that.

Well if you want things to change, you need to make some changes to adjust to it as well. You don’t want to cooperate with others in a game that needs 5 people that have never worked with each other to perform … okay ig. good luck.

It doesn’t matter since most of them still grip me after I tell them that I don’t need it at all on heroes like Doom, and to save it for our overextending DPS with 10 deaths each.

Again, make…a …team…that works for you.

The root of the issue is a support player being able to override a teammate tank’s autonomy and authority to make the plays they want to make.

Well you can either have the game features tailored to you or just…combo with a support that understands you better…or do both, wait on feature and work on the other.

Anyway, GL.

32 Likes

Have you ever asked Mei’s not to wall you.

Yeah. See how that’ll work out for ya.

10 Likes

Better just rework him. His whole kit is troll.

11 Likes

As a general rule, there aren’t that many LW who are actively trolling people with their pulls. Hanlon’s razor applies. They’re doing it because from their perspective its necessary (that perspective is typically from further away so potentially can see things happening or about to happen that you can’t)

Especially in this season, being near to full HP even on tank is not indicative of you necessarily being able to survive a long time if you’re in a bad spot.

Maybe use the replay function to look back over a game from LW’s view where you think you were gripped badly and see if you still think it was bad - or at the very least even if you think it was bad judgement, at least why they might make the decision. Almost guarantee if you do so objectively then you’ll take a more positive view of the ability. If you go in already having decided it was always a bad call, not much anyone can do for you.

25 Likes

Step 1: You ask LW to not pull you.

Step 2: You die in the middle of the enemy team.

Step 3: “Support Diff”

44 Likes

It’s a control thing. After asking failweaver to stop pulling,they start doing it on cooldown. I go sombra and run away from the fight, playing hide and seek the rest of the comp match.

3 Likes

I almost never found any LW who trolls me with his grip and most of them did so in order to save me.

But I guess adding a Right click option the instant you are getting grabbed to cancel is enought.

8 Likes

Yup great point. Most OW players are losers with little agency over their lives (no relationships, poor, crappy job, etc). They will leap at any opportunity to have the slightest hint of power over others.

3 Likes

It’s funny how you guys say things.
Over someone saving you.

23 Likes

Standard internet discourse. Invent a villain in your mind and point out how terrible they are. Who cares if it has any bearing whatsoever on reality.

20 Likes

Haven’t seen “troll” Meis like that since OW1.
It’s been a while now.

6 Likes

IDK why I laughed so hard at this.
Just sounded funny.

11 Likes

We’re not saying that about someone “saving” us we’re saying it about LWs who intentionally troll pull if you criticize a grip or ask them not to pull you unless asked.

Do you have a source stating that the majority of OW2 players aren’t teenagers or 20-something underemployed, socially maladjusted weirdos? The Pew Research Center found that American gamers are poorer than the average adult.

1 Like

Where is the toggle off for your tears?

23 Likes

And you think the obvious and only extrapolation of that is:

Point proven really.

Also, rest of the world exists.

5 Likes